LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Robyn -- could you please find out about whether FR will have the new Internet packages -- choice of speeds:

Basic: 256 Kbps

2 devices: $129.99

1 device: $69.99

Daily: $14.95

Hourly: $9.99

Premium: 1 Mbps

2 devices: $189.99

1 device: $104.99

Daily: $19.95

Hourly: $11.99

Premium Plus: 4 Mbps

2 devices: $199.99

1 device: $119.99

Daily: $24.95

Hourly: $14.99

Hi Sherri, no problem. We are definitely getting an unlimited package, just need to decide which one?

Hi Robyn,

Thanks so much for doing this! Enjoy your time in Orlando and Happy Anniversary. :)

I'll be following along. My husband and I will be sailing on FOS in September in OS 1320. Would love to see any current OS pictures; especially the balcony. :)

Also, look forward to seeing pictures of your cabana on BB.

Have fun and thanks again!

Thanks Jules :) I have enjoyed so many "Lives" that I thought it was time I did one. I did one on the AOS a few years back, I posted as often as I could, but felt guilty when I didn't :( Now that I can post from my stateroom, it should be easier to check in more frequently.

I will be taking many pictures of the Owners Suite (I have to make sure DD and DH don't touch anything until I have finished snapping!).

We are looking forward to our Cabana on BB - we have requested OW4.

Thank you so much for posting. Our trip went by too fast last month so looking forward to another fix. :)

I had the middle (premium) package on Oasis and it was plenty fast for posting pictures and videos.

Have fun.

Hi Bill :)

I hope the internet connection is as good on the FOS. I think we will go with the premium as well.

Hi Robyn,

Looking forward to the review. You escaped the north just in time, another extreme cold weather alert just declared. Enjoy the warmth.:)

Hey Ken - I heard records were broken today with the temps in Toronto :eek: I also heard there is more snow in the forecast - glad I am already in Florida!

Thanks for taking the time to do a live review - I really appreciate everyone who makes the time to post during their well deserved vacation time.

I'm particularly interested as I will be doing this itinerary myself next year (although I've been to the places before but not on Freedom) and will be in OS 1340.. so any sneaky pics will be greatly appreciated! ;)

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Good Morning from sunny (but a tad chilly!) Orlando :) I guess I shouldn't complain. I don't need a winter jacket and I am on vacation....AND I am going to the happiest place on earth today (insert mouse ears here).

Why is it that whenever I sleep in hotels I am so comfy and relaxed, but wake up at the crack of dawn? Anyways, I needed to be up early this morning because we have to pack up, head to Disney and then check in to another hotel later this afternoon.....the Hyatt Regency Orlando if some of you missed that detail. http://www.orlando.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Thank you all for your nice comments and anniversary wishes! I will do my best to get everyone's questions answered, and pictures taken :)

Woohoo!!! Following along bestie!!:D <3

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Hey BFF :) How could I have missed this post????? I'm sorry :( Thank you for the Anniversary wishes. You were our Maid of Honor and Best Man at our wedding and you still are. Hugs to both of you! xoxox

Have a good trip Robyn, we will be discussing your posts in our roll call as several others going on the next few Westerns will. I won't make any special request, just sit back and take it all in. Thanks in advance.

We have been to Jamaica twice and did the river tubing excursion both times. Our family loved it!

We did the River tubing when I was on Freedom and she went to Ocho Rios. I think it was the Martha Brae river or something like that? I don't know if that is the same place if its a reasonable drive from Fallmouth. We have yet to make any plans for Fallmouth yet.

Hey BFF :) How could I have missed this post????? I'm sorry :( Thank you for the Anniversary wishes. You were our Maid of Honor and Best Man at our wedding and you still are. Hugs to both of you! xoxox

Awwwww, thanks Robyn! Love you guys too!!

We are in a deep freeze here!!! Brrrrr

It is -24C this morning (-11F), and -31C with windchill.

Enjoy your day at Disney! Say hi to Mickey for Emma.:p

Thank you all for your nice comments and anniversary wishes! I will do my best to get everyone's questions answered, and pictures taken :)

I may have missed it, but may I ask what anniversary it is? We spent our 27th on Freedom and are looking forward to Chops on our 34th.

Enjoy Disney, that is something we haven't done since starting cruising.

Edited by BillOh

Haha! We don't have plans in Jamaica either! [emoji15] I actually had the Red Stripe Beach excursion booked, but then I read the reviews and cancelled. It's apparently a tiny beach and the sand is covered with pine needles!?!???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been to Red Stripe Beach several times, never on an excursion though. It's very small but it's perfect if you just want to lie on a lounge chair and enjoy the sunshine. There's a small bar with $1 Red Stripe bottles. I don't recall there being pine needles, but it definitely is surrounded by lots of trees. If you're looking for excitement, don't go. If you'd like some laid back time to simply enjoy the sun and water, then it's perfect.

We are seasoned cruisers (20+ with Royal) but have never been on the Freedom. Happy to say that that will change in May! Looking forward to your posts to see what we are in store for! Enjoy your time in the sun!

Lori

I may have missed it, but may I ask what anniversary it is? We spent our 27th on Freedom and are looking forward to Chops on our 34th.

Enjoy Disney, that is something we haven't done since starting cruising.

Bill, we celebrated our 20th Anniversary! In fact, our very first cruise in Feb 2005 was to celebrate our 10th! Time flies when you're having fun! Congrats on 34, wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk