LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Hey Robyn, just in case you care, as of one hour ago Freedom was off the east coast of Great Abaco Island in the Bahama chain and moving at 17.1 kts. They are showing an ETA of 5 AM in Port Canaveral.:)

I'm sure she'll be there to greet them! ;):p

Hey Robyn, just in case you care, as of one hour ago Freedom was off the east coast of Great Abaco Island in the Bahama chain and moving at 17.1 kts. They are showing an ETA of 5 AM in Port Canaveral.:)
You made a geek very happy and then I found FR on Marine Traffic.

I don't think they have to sail at the ship's full speed when coming back in from the Eastern Itinerary as they have 2 days. I can remember ships trolling along at 13 knots during the day but I might be wrong.

For all I know she might be there already. I know she would have no issue camping out in a tent tonight at the port. :eek: Yeah, right. Robyn in a tent, only in my wildest dreams.:rolleyes::D

I would think that would be #1 on your list, under the heading "Minimum 5 Star Hotels".:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Looking at the weather forecast for places like NY and Boston - wow! I hope anyone flying out from there can actually get out! :eek: I think anyone living in Canada or the US eastern seaboard, can relate to the anxiety winter weather causes when you need to get to Florida for a cruise!!!

Hey hey hey! Part of the Ghostie Crew, checking in! Reporting live from the 7th floor of The Hampton Inn by the airport!

My wife and I flew out of New York this morning, but we had a full radar on our tail. No troubles though, whew!

I will be following your thread, but can I make a picture addition? We snagged a prime aft balcony, and want to make people jealous! LOL.

See you at the M&M!

For all I know she might be there already. I know she would have no issue camping out in a tent tonight at the port. :eek: Yeah, right. Robyn in a tent, only in my wildest dreams.:rolleyes::D

If the tent says "Hyatt", "Hilton", or "Ritz Carlton" I'm in! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Robyn! Like you, DH and I are taking our first cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I'm a bit apprehensive, but am also really looking forward to experiencing something new. We're sailing 3/22 in a GS. My questions for you are:

1. There was a lot of talk here on CC during dry dock about Royal refurbing rooms. Can you confirm whether all suites were refurbed?

2. We have reservations at each of the speciality restaurants. Can you share your thoughts on food/service if you dine at any of the venues.

Looking forward to reading your report. Have a fantastic trip and happy anniversary.

Not to take away from the live report but I can answer these and then maybe the op with have a different take on things.

1.I was in a g.s and it was not refurbed but it is a great room. The room didn't look worn or appear to need any refurb. The concierge is great and very helpful. You will enjoy it. Friends stayed in a js. and this room was also the same as previous trips.

2. I ate in all of the restaurants. Gio's was very good. I loved the veal. It can end up being a ton of food with it being family style.

Sabor may have been my favorite meal all week. The service was great. I highly recommend the chicken stuffed with jalapeño and wrapped in bacon. It was awesome. If you are looking for authentic Mexican then this isn't it but still really good. The pulled pork tacos also really good.

Chops was typical of past experiences for me. I have always liked everything there and this was no different.

If I was to rank my experience it would be Sabor, Gio's, & Chops. I was on the first week after dry dock so I imagine things in Sabor/Gios will only improve as the staff gets used to the restaurants in the coming weeks. You will have a great week. The staff across the board may have been the best I have sailed with. Very friendly and helpful across the board.

Hey hey hey! Part of the Ghostie Crew, checking in! Reporting live from the 7th floor of The Hampton Inn by the airport!

My wife and I flew out of New York this morning, but we had a full radar on our tail. No troubles though, whew!

I will be following your thread, but can I make a picture addition? We snagged a prime aft balcony, and want to make people jealous! LOL.

See you at the M&M!

Hey Ghostie! Welcome! Of course you can add pictures, the more the merrier! Congrats on an aft balcony - looking forward to meeting you onboard tomorrow!

Hi everyone :) Looks like there are lots of cruise fanatics (like me!) following along :)

Freedom%202015%20017_zpsziv9lzej.jpg

We had a really great day. The weather was wonderfully sunny, although a touch on the cooler side (66 at the warmest). We drove down to Port Canaveral this afternoon to take a look around at the new terminal and of course to have a snack (or 2!) at Grills right on the waterfront.

Freedom%202015%20021_zpsjv8n6z13.jpg

We didn't realize that only one ship was sailing out today, the Disney Fantasy. It has been a few years since I have sailed out of PC, but from what I can remember there were 3 ships on a Saturday? Oh well, I got some nice shots of the Fantasy.

Freedom%202015%20026_zpsne0dks0l.jpg It's always exciting to see a ship sail by!

Here is another shot of the Disney Fantasy sailing away for tropical waters....I actually have no idea what route she is on? A special thanks to Meg for doing a quick check while I was at Grills to let me know the sailaway schedule for today and tomorrow. I understand that there are going to be 6 ships at PC, it should be a busy day!

Freedom%202015%20035_zpsjsfyvywf.jpg

I should mention that we intended to head over to Jetty Park, but when we got to the gate we would have had to pay $15 just to park our car. I would rather spend the $ on Corona, so off to Grills we went ;)

The traffic in Orlando this weekend is literally insane. Some have suggested it is because of the President's Day weekend. Wow. I need to stay away from here on this weekend in the future! We were stuck in major traffic on 4 trying to get back to our hotel.

I am super excited about boarding the Freedom tomorrow! I plan to use tapatalk at the port, and should be able to do a longer post once I set up my internet onboard in the evening. I will be scrolling back at the questions, and I will do my best to answer everyone :)

Thanks for joining me on my cruise - glad to have you along!

This week is a double hit for Orlando. President's week and Mardi Gras fall at the same time. Many of us from Louisiana travel to Disney for the week.

Actually, I was hearing about Mardi Gras on the radio but didn't realize it was happening HERE! :confused: I always thought it was a Louisiana exclusive?

Good morning to all my cruise friends! Wake up we are boarding the Freedom of the Seas today [emoji41]

Time to secure the luggage tags to the suitcases, grab my first morning coffee, load up the car, and head to Port Canaveral!

26 cruises, and this never gets old!!!

Good morning to all my cruise friends! Wake up we are boarding the Freedom of the Seas today [emoji41]

Time to secure the luggage tags to the suitcases, grab my first morning coffee, load up the car, and head to Port Canaveral!

26 cruises, and this never gets old!!!

Woke up early so I watched Freedom come into the port! Watching that ship dock is truly amazing! She's there at T1 waiting on you! Have a great cruise! :D