LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Hi Robyn!

I'm following along as I love reading reviews of any Royal Caribbean ship as I'm passing the time waiting for October and my first cruise in 30years.

The reason your visit to the mouse was crowded isn't just because of the holiday weekend. Several years ago many school districts in various states split the two week spring break. Our kids now get next week off (they call it mid-winter break)then a week at Easter.

Enjoy your trip. Happy Anniversary!

Well then, that explains it!

Wow - you are going on a cruise after so many years, that's wonderful! :) The time will fly by as you start to plan all the details :)

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes!!

We are back at our hotel and pretty tired - it's been a long day!

I have a question.....if I am taking pics on my iphone, but will not be using it onboard, where can I upload my pics so I can post on here? What site do most people use? I will transfer my iphone pics to my PC first.

Nice to see your having some fun in the warmth.:D. They did say it was the coldest day of the winter do far.

I have been using photobucket to upload pictures. Easy to use. The link you want to copy and paste is the bottom link of the 4. (Image)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Nice to see your having some fun in the warmth.:D. They did say it was the coldest day of the winter do far.

I have been using photobucket to upload pictures. Easy to use. The link you want to copy and paste is the bottom link of the 4.

Thanks Ken - I just realized the photos I uploaded from Tapatalk are HUGE! They take up the whole page :eek:

I am going to use photobucket from the ship :)

Hi Robyn! Like you, DH and I are taking our first cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I'm a bit apprehensive, but am also really looking forward to experiencing something new. We're sailing 3/22 in a GS. My questions for you are:

1. There was a lot of talk here on CC during dry dock about Royal refurbing rooms. Can you confirm whether all suites were refurbed?

2. We have reservations at each of the speciality restaurants. Can you share your thoughts on food/service if you dine at any of the venues.

Looking forward to reading your report. Have a fantastic trip and happy anniversary.

Hi Robyn! Like you, DH and I are taking our first cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I'm a bit apprehensive, but am also really looking forward to experiencing something new. We're sailing 3/22 in a GS. My questions for you are:

1. There was a lot of talk here on CC during dry dock about Royal refurbing rooms. Can you confirm whether all suites were refurbed?

2. We have reservations at each of the speciality restaurants. Can you share your thoughts on food/service if you dine at any of the venues.

Looking forward to reading your report. Have a fantastic trip and happy anniversary.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate an anniversary than onboard a ship!

I understand the apprehension of a first cruise, but you are going to love your cruise and of course your GS!! :D I have stayed in a GS on the Freedom and they are wonderful. I will let you know if the suites have been refurbed, from what I have heard so far, it seems the cabins have not?

We don't have plans for specialty restaurants this time. I dined in Chops and Portofino on the Liberty in November and they were both great. I understand that Portofino is gone, and Giovanni's Table is in it's place. Sabor has also been added.

Edited by ckrobyn

Just because I am photobucket challenged, I did a test and uploaded from iphone (last night's pic was one already on there) - apparently I already had a photobucket log in? My memory is failing :eek:

Lets see if this works.....

Orlando%202015%20127_zpsm1hbwh5d.jpg

Works like a charm. I like photobucket. Best picture sharing around.

I wouldn't mind doing a trip report from the FOS this April/May. But I don't think I want to spring for the Internet. After all, we are in vacation.

I do have a request. If you are putting your kids in the kids club, I would like to know how it goes. We will probably sign up our six-year old granddaughter.

It works!!!!

Good Morning to everyone that is following along :D I can officially say "my cruise is TOMORROW!" - I don't know about you, but after months of planning (okay, obsessing :rolleyes:) it just seems surreal to me that I will be boarding the ship in the morning - hopefully it will still be morning if the embarkation goes well (SherriZ , I will give you a full report!)

It is another gloriously sunny day in Orlando - those of you following any weather reports for this area of Florida know that we are in the midst of a cold front, although temps during the day are in the mid to high 60's, today will be the same. The jury is out on whether we will venture down to PC later today to watch the ships sail. My DD (alright...me too) want to do a little outlet mall shopping. Truth is, with the Canadian dollar quickly heading south, it is a little less appealing. I was fortunate to have read on Cruise Critic that other Canadian's were buying USD onboard credit and only paying 10% for it, so I jumped on that bandwagon and we have a nice little onboard credit nest egg for our cruise :)

I will try and take as many pics as I can onboard (need to get used to carrying the iphone instead of a camera) and I need to be sure it is in airplane mode or my cellular bill could wind up being more than the cruise itself!!! I am very excited to be able to bring you pictures, I know how much I appreciate it when someone else (RADIO :o) posts pictures of his cruises on his very famous (and never duplicated, Live reports)

I will definitely be posting a full report each evening of the cruise, and maybe even early morning (depends on what we are doing that day), but as long as there is a decent internet connection, you can expect a daily report from me.

SO excited! Tomorrow is CRUISE DAY!!!!

Works like a charm. I like photobucket. Best picture sharing around.

I wouldn't mind doing a trip report from the FOS this April/May. But I don't think I want to spring for the Internet. After all, we are in vacation.

I do have a request. If you are putting your kids in the kids club, I would like to know how it goes. We will probably sign up our six-year old granddaughter.

My DD is 18 :o (I got married young!!!!! LOL) Having said that, she has cruised with us since she was 8, and we did send her to Adventure Ocean. Generally the kids love it, and I am sure your granddaughter will too!

I can't think of a better way to celebrate an anniversary than onboard a ship!

I understand the apprehension of a first cruise, but you are going to love your cruise and of course your GS!! :D I have stayed in a GS on the Freedom and they are wonderful. I will let you know if the suites have been refurbed, from what I have heard so far, it seems the cabins have not?

We don't have plans for specialty restaurants this time. I dined in Chops and Portofino on the Liberty in November and they were both great. I understand that Portofino is gone, and Giovanni's Table is in it's place. Sabor has also been added.

Robyn, thank you so much. Your enthusiasm about cruising and sailing tomorrow is getting me excited!

Robyn, thank you so much. Your enthusiasm about cruising and sailing tomorrow is getting me excited!

I like your choice of the word "enthusiasm" :p Most of my friends and family call it obsessed :eek: Either way, I have butterflies the day before my cruise, even when it is the 26th....or is it 27? I need to go and read my own signature!

Happy Anniversary.

Following your thread.

Loved the Freedom having sailed her twice, always holds a special place in our hearts.

Enjoy

Safe travels.

Hi Sue :)

Thanks - we are pretty excited!

Cant wait to get out there! (wait! do they even use that slogan anymore?):rolleyes:

Looking at the weather forecast for places like NY and Boston - wow! I hope anyone flying out from there can actually get out! :eek: I think anyone living in Canada or the US eastern seaboard, can relate to the anxiety winter weather causes when you need to get to Florida for a cruise!!!