Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

If you had something you like and want it again, ask your Head Waiter, the night before if you can order for the next day... now days I think that is the only way you might get a favorite soup they had on an earlier menu.

In my experience they are excellent and very accommodating with special requests.

Agree 100% with your comments-We prefer talking and meeting with crew members vs. passengers! We have run into too many passengers who have been very rude to there Stewards-Horizon personnel-Internet people-and passenger Src personnel. Too many have the "I am entitled to it all attitude"-break the rules[chair hogs]-elite allowing others who are not using there free laundry-moving ahead in lines because they did know know there was one!-etc.

All crews work very hard and long hours to make us happy and provide memorable times-we need to recognize that and say Thank You-You made our day/cruise-etc.

Agree 100% with your comments-We prefer talking and meeting with crew members vs. passengers! We have run into too many passengers who have been very rude to there Stewards-Horizon personnel-Internet people-and passenger Src personnel. Too many have the "I am entitled to it all attitude"-break the rules[chair hogs]-elite allowing others who are not using there free laundry-moving ahead in lines because they did know know there was one!-etc.

All crews work very hard and long hours to make us happy and provide memorable times-we need to recognize that and say Thank You-You made our day/cruise-etc.

Absolutely they work long hours and are away from their families for months on end. The worst part is that no matter how long they've been there they still worry about getting in trouble if some passenger complains about them. If I see a passenger being mean to a crew member I tell the crew member that I'll be glad to talk to their supervisor if needed. The crew members are fascinating and have many great and glorious tales to tell. The proudly show off pictures of their families. Although we have met some very nice passengers who remain friends still our best memories are of the crew members. Especially if we've sailed with them before the last night is always filled with emotional goodbyes. Princess' crews are among the best in the world and when I see someone being rude to one of them it upsets me. I heard a passenger screaming a customer service supervisor once not even listening to what she was saying. I told her I was sorry she had to endure that. She told me she was used to it but she shouldn't have to be "used to it" we need to restore civility in our society.

Forgive the long diatribe it's obviously something that clicked a button.

I agree totally! I also have written to the Captain in support of there staff and given small gifts to those who went above and beyond[perfume/cologne/cash/paid for there toiletries while in port- or just needed a little pick me up. etc.

i wish people would be more forgiving-patient-understand mistakes do happen-instead of yelling-threatening the staff-refusing to pay for the tips at the end-not showing up at the last dinner-using ult soda card and other cards when they did not pay for the cards[bought one-used it for two people]-chair hogs-stealing formal pictures/taking pictures of them when staff not looking-etc

My favorite Princess tip: On ships with Skywalker's Lounge, it's a great place to go for some peace and quiet during the daytime and early evening hours. It's usually completely empty, or with just a few other people. Nice, comfortable place to read or just relax-- especially if you don't have your own balcony.

Question about the non-alcoholic beverage package: I had it on my last cruise and the tumbler showed up in my room on the second day, but I had no idea how I was supposed to use it. I just ordered my sodas and other drinks from the wait staff at the buffet or at various bars and they were served in regular disposable cups. Are you supposed to take it with you and have your drinks served in the tumbler?

And a comment about bottled water: I think Princess's bottled water delivery option is reasonably priced and is a lot more convenient than lugging a bunch hof heavy water bottles on board. I pre-ordered it and the water was already in my stateroom when I arrived.

I just ordered my sodas and other drinks from the wait staff at the buffet or at various bars and they were served in regular disposable cups. Are you supposed to take it with you and have your drinks served in the tumbler?

Since you ordered it from the wait staff and it came in regular paper cups, you can obviously do it that way, but, yes, you can carry your tumbler around and have the drink put in that. Personally, I use the tumbler for a couple of reasons. First, because that's the way I started out and the habit kind of stuck, secondly, to cut down on waste (no use of the disposable paper) and labor (no having to rewash the glasses, and thirdly, I can carry the drink away should I decide to go somewhere else and not have to look for a place to leave the cup/glass. But, then, I'm a bit strange about some things too, so maybe that's another reason. :p

Tom

My favorite Princess tip: On ships with Skywalker's Lounge, it's a great place to go for some peace and quiet during the daytime and early evening hours. It's usually completely empty, or with just a few other people. Nice, comfortable place to read or just relax-- especially if you don't have your own balcony.

Question about the non-alcoholic beverage package: I had it on my last cruise and the tumbler showed up in my room on the second day, but I had no idea how I was supposed to use it. I just ordered my sodas and other drinks from the wait staff at the buffet or at various bars and they were served in regular disposable cups. Are you supposed to take it with you and have your drinks served in the tumbler?

And a comment about bottled water: I think Princess's bottled water delivery option is reasonably priced and is a lot more convenient than lugging a bunch hof heavy water bottles on board. I pre-ordered it and the water was already in my stateroom when I arrived.

We pre order the water too it's a real deal.

Some of the lounges when not being used for scream your head off things are great places to sit and read.

We buy an inexpensive Brita (or Pur) pitcher + filter at Costco or Target for waaaay less than $20. Packed in our suitcase wrapped and filled with clothing, it always arrives on-board in one piece. We generally abandon it at the end of the trip.

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

We buy an inexpensive Brita (or Pur) pitcher + filter at Costco or Target for waaaay less than $20. Packed in our suitcase wrapped and filled with clothing, it always arrives on-board in one piece. We generally abandon it at the end of the trip.

--Marne

And the truth of the matter is that the water on board is safe and tastes good.

--Marne

The water on the ship is probably the most pure water you will ever drink, more pure than any bottled water you will buy or make from a pitcher. Just bring a container to put it in.

The water on the ship is probably the most pure water you will ever drink, more pure than any bottled water you will buy or make from a pitcher. Just bring a container to put it in.

I completely disagree based on the premise of actual taste. It tastes completely like chlorinated water.

The Royal Princess does have a Trident Grill. It's on Deck 16 (I believe), just forward of the middle of the boat. And I'm with your husband -- that's my kind of food, too!

Edited by msg74

The Royal Princess does have a Trident Grill. It's on Deck 16 (I believe), just forward of the middle of the boat. And I'm with your husband -- that's my kind of food, too!

Thanks! You're right. Don't know how I missed it the first time looking at the deck plans. DH is going to be SO happy!! (Me too.)

In many ports, Ft. Lauderdale for instance ... the ship bunkers water.

The water coming out of the tap on the ship is Ft. Lauderdale city

water. (although princess may add extra chemicals)

I don't see how that is any more or less pure than other water I might drink.

I agree totally! I also have written to the Captain in support of there staff and given small gifts to those who went above and beyond[perfume/cologne/cash/paid for there toiletries while in port- or just needed a little pick me up. etc.

i wish people would be more forgiving-patient-understand mistakes do happen-instead of yelling-threatening the staff-refusing to pay for the tips at the end-not showing up at the last dinner-using ult soda card and other cards when they did not pay for the cards[bought one-used it for two people]-chair hogs-stealing formal pictures/taking pictures of them when staff not looking-etc

What is wrong with not going to dinner on the last dinner?

We almost always doe specialty dining for our last night.

Nothing at all wrong with not showing up for dinner as far as I can see. :) The only thing that should be done if you're schedule for an assigned diving time is that you should call the dining room ahead of time and let them know that you're not going to be using your reservation that night so that they know that they can assign someone to sit there in your place. That helps the dining room personnel and also helps the travelers who are waiting to get a seat.

Tom

Some people who are in fixed seating dining do not show up on the last night which is traditionally tip night so they don't have to tip. I've sailed with some people who do this and even worse brag about it.

Some people who are in fixed seating dining do not show up on the last night which is traditionally tip night so they don't have to tip. I've sailed with some people who do this and even worse brag about it.

I know this is probably opening a can of worms, but aren't tips already covered?

I'm doing fixed dining for the first time this summer; I thought I already paid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by denatravels

I know this is probably opening a can of worms, but aren't tips already covered?

I'm doing fixed dining for the first time this summer; I thought I already paid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes they are and I remember this mostly from the "olden days" when they weren't but many people give extra money to their servers on the last night especially if they've gone above and beyond.

In many ports, Ft. Lauderdale for instance ... the ship bunkers water.

The water coming out of the tap on the ship is Ft. Lauderdale city

water. (although princess may add extra chemicals)

I don't see how that is any more or less pure than other water I might drink.

Yes they may take on water but they filter it just like the water they make.

Also bottled water is usually just regular municipal water that is filtered and bottled just like the ships water.