Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

Nope, not for anything but the mini-suite, there is no option to change it, it only has "twin" in the drop down, nothing else. One of the reasons why I called princess before booking. The direct booking agent they assigned me told me "on paper" it has to say that, but we could ask our room steward to move it differently once we were there, but for fire marshall/safety something it had to show twin on paper. :confused:

Everyone should be able to update their bed choice on the personalizer. I came across a few balcony cabins that ONLY had a twin option...the beds can not be put together! Make sure you don't have one of those! :eek:

Nope, not for anything but the mini-suite, there is no option to change it, it only has "twin" in the drop down, nothing else. One of the reasons why I called princess before booking. The direct booking agent they assigned me told me "on paper" it has to say that, but we could ask our room steward to move it differently once we were there, but for fire marshall/safety something it had to show twin on paper. :confused:

Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember that there used to be a very limited number of rooms that the twins could not be moved in - maybe there still are and maybe they gave you one.

Another secret that hasn't been brought up for awhile is you can always eat lunch in the MDR on embarkation day if you get there before 1:30.

When boarding, staff will NOT tell you where that is, but tell you to go to the Horizon Court where the lines are usually huge.

Go to your room or front desk and look at the Patter and on the back it will tell you which dinning room is open for lunch. They close the entrance at 1:30 sharp.

On our last cruise, we got there about 1:20 and they wouldn't let us in. FYI :mad:

I just looked and there is a place to change under the check in page. Under ship and stateroom summary in the bed configuration section you can select Queen or single:D

Thank you for that, I've checked many times, and like I said I've asked Princess directly, and NOPE, this is what it says. We have 4 people in our cabin, this is what it says.

If I go back and do a search and go through everything for TWO people, the Queen option comes up...but if it's 4 people, it's only Twin and 2 Uppers...EXACT same cabins.

1972715605_ScreenShot2015-08-31at3_21_16PM.jpg.10c9a349e43eadfc5e11f803ffaeaa96.jpg

Edited by kaikendall

Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember that there used to be a very limited number of rooms that the twins could not be moved in - maybe there still are and maybe they gave you one.

Correct. But they also list this for cabins with upper berths that may interfere with the main beds on the floor. Those could still be moved.

Has anyone done balcony dining? We are on such a short cruise I'm not sure what to do?! I wanna do it all! What is the charge for balcony dining, I only see Balcony Breakfast 2 people $45 on my personalizer, I don't see the dinner option.

The Ultimate Balcony Dinner costs $100/couple which is $50/couple more than dinner at the Crown Grill. For that extra $50 the UBD includes nearly $100 in extras: cocktails, flowers, photo, half bottle (375 ml) of champagne which we've exchanged for a full bottle (750 ml) of $32 wine and end with specialty coffee drinks.

You can prepay for the UBD (item #3011) & call room service to reserve at date & time (usually two are available for each time slot at about 6:00 & 8:00) or simply call room service when boarding the ship. We always reserve it onboard to use some of our onboard credit to pay for it.

The dinner is a multi course filet mignon and/or lobster tail dinner & they will contact you in advance to go over the menu. You can request some changes which we have never done. Tuxedoed waiters deliver each course & wait outside your cabin until you're ready for your next course.

At $45 the price of the balcony breakfast has increased since I last checked when it was $32 which was the price of the half bottle of champagne. Service is different than the UBD & for breakfast they deliver all courses at one time & stack them on your desk to serve yourself. Both the dinner & breakfast provide a lot of food but with breakfast we had leftovers for later.

If you search this forum or do an online search you can find a lot of information including photos and videos of the UBD.

Edited by Astro Flyer

While it isn't mandatory I would guess that you had probably better factor in extra cost to tip the waiters who serve the UBD. I have no idea what an appropriate tip would be.

You can find video of the UBD on youtube

Edited by Thrak

I love the idea of doing the UBD! thank you for giving all that info, might just book that thanks to you!

You're welcome & hopefully you'd enjoy it as much as us.

We've enjoyed our UBDs during an evening in port or during sailaway to hopefully have better weather conditions than at sea. We've had it on a larger Caribe deck balcony (9'x9'), on a standard balcony (9'x5'), on a smaller Royal-class standard balcony (9'x4') and even inside our cabin due to inclement weather...all of them were great! :D

You won't regret it!!!! We did this exact same thing in our 30th anniversary. Panama canal, in November, on the Island (identical to coral) & UBD!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Being identical was true until spring when the Island was modified but had no affect on a UBD. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45438894&postcount=119

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45447901&postcount=133

Edited by Astro Flyer

Having just returned from the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS (4-18 to 4-25-2015) we heard another passenger exclaiming about the "ribs" and "chicken wings" from the TRIDENT GRILL. Thinking that this grill was just burgers, fries, & hot dogs, we inquired. The passenger told us that the "ribs" & "wings" were available after 6:00 p.m. Sadly, our dinner in the MDR was also at 6:00 p.m., so we never made it to the TRIDENT GRILL to check this out for ourselves...although the passenger told us the "wings" were delicious and the "ribs" were huge!!!

Debjo

While in Alaska on Crown this year, we ate in the MDR at 5:30PM but I was able to eat the wings and ribs later that night as it was open until 11PM.

Ok, I need the skinny on beverages! I was thinking of doing Soda cards! A regular soda card for the hubby, and the "enhanced" Soda and more one with juices for my son... is it worth it? Is there any "sneaky" or other ways to get beverages or should we just get the cards? When the kids are in the kids clubs do they get drinks, food, snacks, etc?

Thank you for that, I've checked many times, and like I said I've asked Princess directly, and NOPE, this is what it says. We have 4 people in our cabin, this is what it says.

If I go back and do a search and go through everything for TWO people, the Queen option comes up...but if it's 4 people, it's only Twin and 2 Uppers...EXACT same cabins.

I believe your problem is the fact that there are 4 people booked into the cabin. The way the bunks work I don't think you would have ANY open floor space if the lower berths were combined into a Queen configuration. You may want to consider two cabins...

The Sea Princess (CP) should be like all of the other Princess ships: you can request pretty much anything as long as you make the request 24 hours in advance. It's not something we ask for often but we have requested it in the past.

As for the Internet Manager, he's usually busy taking care of passengers who have taken the time to go to the Internet Cafe. It's much easier for him to answer a question if you have the device and software with you. FYI, the Internet Managers do not work for Princess. They are contractors.

In other words, as they are clearing the creme brulee dish, place your order!!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

I hope you enjoy the Crown! I'm sailing on her in December. :)

Now knowing all of the dessert options, I'm even more excited. Looking forward to trying the volcano and the "Cruise Chip", sounds delicious!

I'm looking forward to the Crown in October. I'll take notes to update choices on this ship.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Ok, I need the skinny on beverages! I was thinking of doing Soda cards! A regular soda card for the hubby, and the "enhanced" Soda and more one with juices for my son... is it worth it? Is there any "sneaky" or other ways to get beverages or should we just get the cards? When the kids are in the kids clubs do they get drinks, food, snacks, etc?

You can bring on sodas and water, just a limit on wine. Since water isn't included on the Sodas and more card, I plan on picking up more water at each port on my Pacific coastal cruise.

They are on the Kids Menu! :)

LuLu

I've never (yet!) had the Cruise Chips from the kids menu but I have ordered the Volcano in the past. Perhaps I will have to try the Cruise Chips as well. It does sound good - I've always liked a good ice cream sandwich. :D