Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

Princess Military OBC:

6 days or less: $50 per eligible person

7 - 13 days: $100 per eligible person

14 days or longer: $250 per eligible person

I have to say that I had never heard of this. I think it is awesome of Princess to recognize our heroes who have signed their freedom away for the sake of our country!

I have to say that I had never heard of this. I think it is awesome of Princess to recognize our heroes who have signed their freedom away for the sake of our country!

Yes, and the nice thing is you don't have to keep signing up for it. I have been getting the $250 obc for a few cruises now and it is definitely appreciated. Only ( not complaining) get the $100 for our upcoming Alaska cruise but still great to have something.

I don't get the OBC but don't begrudge those who do. I fully expected to be drafted when I finished high school and sent to southeast Asia. I was blown away when they instituted the lottery. I don't remember my number for sure but, out of the 365 possible days to draw, I think I was something like 324. I could still have enlisted (my friend who got number 7 did exactly that) but, for some reason, after watching the body count on TV night after night, I didn't really want to enlist.

I miss the GI benefits but I really don't deserve them and so I don't have a problem with others getting benefits that I can't have. I tend to think they deserve whatever they can get. (My son gets the military OBC but I think he would rather do other things such as walk, have his hands work right, etc.)

My SIL likes his benefit. He also likes to point out to the rest of us that cruising is nothing like the US Navy. :) (Do not call the ship a boat within his earshot!)

Do check though just in case. I hadn't cruised in 2 years and just booked a cruise on Regal for Nov 2016 and found that my Military credentials had "disappeared" never to be found again. They assured me that their new system installed recently would hold them forever.

Navy 6 years, Air Force 17 and still counting.

BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT :D:D:D

For my husband's military each time we cruised on Princess had to supply info. We where advised due to nature of info they do not keep on file. Not sure if true but that's what they advised us

The following is from the Princess website: "Once approved, the onboard spending money will be automatically applied to any future cruise you book! This special benefit is available to you on any cruise and is combinable with other deals." It may be found at the following URL: http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.Vbo4f_lBk-I

That said, however, what I would recommend is that after submitting the application, you keep a copy of everything you submit in the event the info is erroneously deleted from the Princess database or in the event the current policy changes in the future. I know that my wife and I had previously submitted our info and that somewhere along the line it disappeared or went into stealth mode, not sure which and we had to resubmit. :confused:

Tom

It is the best..... Looking forward to the next MDR meal......

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Edited by ChiefBoats

Emerald, Ruby, Caribbean. If they don't know what you are asking for then ask for the kids menu to see what is listed.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

If you are a veteran (US or Canada) you send princess or have your TA send a copy of your DD214. You will get a $100 OBC on each cruise. Our TA send mine in years ago and I automatically get the credit when we book. Note that this credit is only on your part of the booking (my DW does not get it).__________________________________________

I get $50 - $250 veterans OBC depending on the lengths.

Edited by ChiefBoats

Great. Thanks for your service. I'm retired Navy.

He is correct. It is not like the USN haze-gray-and-underway world. I'm retired Navy and it is a ship and not a boat. But I like the cruise world. Just started a little late in live.

They must have improved their system. I get mine automatically on each booking. I've only had to supply it once.

I don't get the OBC but don't begrudge those who do. I fully expected to be drafted when I finished high school and sent to southeast Asia. I was blown away when they instituted the lottery. I don't remember my number for sure but, out of the 365 possible days to draw, I think I was something like 324. I could still have enlisted (my friend who got number 7 did exactly that) but, for some reason, after watching the body count on TV night after night, I didn't really want to enlist.

I miss the GI benefits but I really don't deserve them and so I don't have a problem with others getting benefits that I can't have. I tend to think they deserve whatever they can get. (My son gets the military OBC but I think he would rather do other things such as walk, have his hands work right, etc.)

Please thank your son for his service and sacrifice.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a gluten intolerance, mark the restriction in your princess personalizer within the timeframe stated on the website. If you do this, the galley staff ensures that gluten free items are well-stocked for the cruise.

Then, once onboard, speak to the Princess Maître D' in the main dining room where you will take your primary meals. He or she will meet with you each night at the end of your meal and present you with the menu for the NEXT night's meal. You can select what you want to eat then, and the maître d' will discuss your selections with the chefs to determine if a substitution exists for any gluten (Barley, Oat, Wheat, Rye) used to prepare that food. You will be told before you leave the dining room what your options are for the next evening meal.

If a substitution does exist, they will prepare that dish with the substitution. Somehow, the wait staff always knew where I was, who I was, and what I needed. One night, a new waiter unknowingly attempted to place a gluten-containing product at my place, and another waiter SWOOPED in and shuffled the first waiter away from my place setting. He was really watching out for me.

In addition, you will receive your own fresh baked gluten free bread and crackers when the bread basket is delivered to the rest of your table.

What makes this somewhat humorous is that we choose to dine with different people each night, allowing the staff to seat us where they need. Generally, most diners are too polite to ask, but I've had several people ask me if I'm "famous" because of the special treatment. :o I have since discovered that gluten intolerance was not my problem (I'm not celiac), so I don't get the "special" treatment, but I generally see at least one person getting similar treatment on each cruise, and I wonder what their food allergy is.

What ever you do, don't slow down the boarding process by stopping at the top of the gang plank to salute the colors at the fantail!

RE: the veteran's credit. There was a change in the data base at Princess, and the Veteran's prior qualification data did not get carried forward. If your original approved application was prior to the change over, you may have to resubmit. By all means, check your customer records. This was the case for us (both my wife and I are prior service). Once your new customer file is updated with the status after your reapplication is approved, its all good. Princess enjoys picking up a portion of your bar tab as it were. A prior CEO, ex mil himself is responsible for this.

That said, however, what I would recommend is that after submitting the application, you keep a copy of everything you submit in the event the info is erroneously deleted from the Princess database or in the event the current policy changes in the future. I know that my wife and I had previously submitted our info and that somewhere along the line it disappeared or went into stealth mode, not sure which and we had to resubmit. :confused:

Tom

• 2 weeks later...