Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

You can bring on sodas and water, just a limit on wine. Since water isn't included on the Sodas and more card, I plan on picking up more water at each port on my Pacific coastal cruise.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

The limit on wine is just on what you can bring on with no additional charge. If you bring more than 1 750ml bottle of wine or champagne, then you will be charged a $15 corkage fee on any bottles over the limit of 1. To be correct, I should say 1 per adult over 18.

Tom

You can bring on sodas and water, just a limit on wine. Since water isn't included on the Sodas and more card, I plan on picking up more water at each port on my Pacific coastal cruise.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

I'm confused, "Since water isn't included", no free water? Or you mean you are buying bottled water? I was reading somewhere like only free beverages are tea and plain coffee, but if you order room service they don't charge you for juice? Something like that? Is that true? Just looking for secrets or tips on beverages! Thanks!

I was hoping for a Pub Lunch to "tease" an English Friend of mine-I've been "tormenting" her mentioning the Afternoon Tea in the Window Suite I can enjoy, and promising to take photos of the scones, jam and cream for her. And to enjoy every bite for her!

You can also get the scones, jam and cream in the buffet after 3pm instead of going to the Afternoon tea (but I see you will have yours delivered!) :D

I'm confused, "Since water isn't included", no free water? Or you mean you are buying bottled water? I was reading somewhere like only free beverages are tea and plain coffee, but if you order room service they don't charge you for juice? Something like that? Is that true? Just looking for secrets or tips on beverages! Thanks!

You can always get a glass of water on the ship which is pure however some prefer bottled water. I bring a wide mouth reusable water bottle to easily add ice & it includes a small Brita filter.

No charge for juice with room service breakfast but think only with breakfast. Juices are also available for breakfast in the dining room & buffet.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I understand the alcohol policy so we're getting the AI but a friend from work keeps insisting if we used rum runner it wouldn't be detected in our luggage. Is she full of hot air or just lucky?

You can always try. Four gentlemen tried sneaking beer on board one of the Princess ships sailing to Alaska out of Seattle two weeks ago. To make a long story short, as they left the luggage area, the longshoreman running the scanner told them that their bags had just been confiscated and would be turned over to the ship and that they would be notified by ship's security personnel when to come down and claim them.

And no, that is not a rumor. I was there and I saw the lady tell the men that.

Is it really worth it?

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

You can always try. Four gentlemen tried sneaking beer on board one of the Princess ships sailing to Alaska out of Seattle two weeks ago. To make a long story short, as they left the luggage area, the longshoreman running the scanner told them that their bags had just been confiscated and would be turned over to the ship and that they would be notified by ship's security personnel when to come down and claim them.

And no, that is not a rumor. I was there and I saw the lady tell the men that.

Is it really worth it?

Tom

Ummmm. the question was a Rum Runner....Not Beer

I saw a post on FB to put a clear alcohol (vodka, although I would want to maybe try some bacardi or malibu or something else clear) in a Listerine bottle with food coloring to make it look like mouth wash... I don't want to rip the ship off, I might just buy a bottle and bring my own soda, but wondering if it's worth a try too...I'm not a HUGE drinker, and bringing my own wine too. Guess you just never know?

I saw a post on FB to put a clear alcohol (vodka, although I would want to maybe try some bacardi or malibu or something else clear) in a Listerine bottle with food coloring to make it look like mouth wash... I don't want to rip the ship off, I might just buy a bottle and bring my own soda, but wondering if it's worth a try too...I'm not a HUGE drinker, and bringing my own wine too. Guess you just never know?

This why Carnival Cruise Lines no longer allows passengers to come aboard with any bottle of liquid. No regular water bottles. No distilled water bottled. No soda bottles. No juice bottles. etc.

...We've enjoyed our UBDs...even inside our cabin due to inclement weather...

Just curious, did they bring a folding table of some sort, or did you have to make do with the little round end table or eat at the desk? I am trying to envision this being served in a regular-size cabin in a graceful manner.

Just curious, did they bring a folding table of some sort, or did you have to make do with the little round end table or eat at the desk? I am trying to envision this being served in a regular-size cabin in a graceful manner.

They bring a folding card table to your cabin for the UBD. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Andl the point I was making was that baggage is checked and things are found.

Tom

I got pulled aside for "suspected alcohol" in my carryon while boarding on Princess once. It turned out it was a bottle of Purell that I'd packed (62% alcohol). They let me go :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
spelling

In reply to several questions/comments:

The aft pool on the Grand is adult only and deep - I almost caused a drowning in that pool - I'm 5'19" and was standing on the bottom of that pool when, a couple of normal height, stepped into the pool and unexpectedly found themselves over their heads- after they cleared the inhaled water we all had a good laugh.

A secret is the ship's tour. It costs $150 and lasts 3-4 hours. The tour is usually offered on the last sea day. It used to be first-come-first-served but last month on the Grand we were told that we would be put into a lottery as space is limited. We were selected but did go due to an illness.

Another tip- Princess rice is useless. An iPhone that drops from a rear pocket into a Princess toilet and is then buried in Princess rice for a week won't come back to life.

We have used the Bon Voyage program and it was great. We treated friends that drove us to the cruise terminal.

Partially in response to: "Besides, if you can afford to go on this vacation then you can afford to buy some water or do without." (Water?? I don't know where the water reference came from, when this was about alcohol?) and other similar comments...

I feel indifferent about this statement...for one, just because you can "afford" to go on a vacay doesn't mean people aren't still on a budget; or doesn't mean they want to pay inflated alcohol prices. I personally would rather go without the alcohol, pay for it, or bring the wine which I will pay the fee on anyway. I don't think someone needs to be so aggressively negative though and be so "I told you so!" type of comments. I've been on other cruise lines that were lax, and I think some people were more curious on personal experiences, that was why I was asking the first time. I only mentioned the Listerine thing because I saw it on FB and thought it was funny.

Anyway, I don't think people need to be so negative or derogatory in comments when they can be helpful ;)

Perhaps if one needs to go to such lengths to bring booze on a cruise then they maybe need to be checking in somewhere other than at a cruise terminal...:eek:

This comment was not helpful, just mean and self righteous!

Adding to that...

Rum Runners are used often to offset the high price of alcoholic drinks served.

You are not "ripping off the company" if you never intended to purchase them.due to cost.