Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

We were on the Ruby when I had the Volcano, it's on the kids menu. Hope you can try it next time you're cruising

Thanks to CC, I knew to order the Volcano. The 2nd night, DH ordered one, the 3rd night our table mates AND the table next to ours all ordered it. Thanks, Cruise Critic members!

Oh, be sure to tell them you want it loaded. I've heard sometimes they'll come with just a little chocolate syrup.

The IC has good dessert items, too. :)

THANK YOU! Although still over 470 days out, am getting excited! Managed to find 2 good men's sized tops last Thursday night, now washed, dried and waiting to be carefully packed in the Cruise Suitcase-oh, find those cedar blocks to "deter" unwelcome visitors! And for once :rolleyes: I ACTUALLY can find them! I won't bring them on the cruise, but anything specifically for the cruise is being kept separately from my regular gear.

will miss the IC so much on the island when we cruise the Panama Canal next April.

We cruised the Island Princess to the Panama Canal in December and the Coffee Bar usually had a limited selection of "free" pastries, cookies, etc. in a small case on the bar. Not the International Cafe selection, but some good munchies.

Thanks to CC, I knew to order the Volcano. The 2nd night, DH ordered one, the 3rd night our table mates AND the table next to ours all ordered it. Thanks, Cruise Critic members!

Oh, be sure to tell them you want it loaded. I've heard sometimes they'll come with just a little chocolate syrup.

You can order it with any of the flavors of the day. You are not limited to the standard vanilla.

One secret that is no more: You used to be able to order fresh berries at breakfast in the main dining room. Not any more.

This must be pretty new. I was on the Island for her last 2 cruises before her dry dock (the Panama Canal and the T/A to Venice) and had fresh berries every morning.

I know that the restaurants on the ship cost extra on top of the already paid for cruise, but how does room service work? Will that cost extra money to use as well?

No, its included in your fare.

Only charged item is pizza at $3 (for a whole one).

I know that the restaurants on the ship cost extra on top of the already paid for cruise, but how does room service work? Will that cost extra money to use as well?

The only restaurants that cost extra are the Specialty Restaurants.

The MDR (main dining room), buffet, International Café, Grill, Pizza, etc. are at no additional charge. :)

LuLu

Yes - when you send Princess a copy of your dd214 - from that cruise on you will receive on board credit of $100 (might be less for <7 days)

Princess Military OBC:

6 days or less: $50 per eligible person

7 - 13 days: $100 per eligible person

14 days or longer: $250 per eligible person

I'm confused. Two questions:On past Princess Cruises, the Volcano was the hot chocolate cake with something kind of like hot fudge in the center that was delicious. Is it now just a banana split on the kid menu? Can you still get the Princess Dream for dessert? Can't wait to cruise again. Packing now.

I'm confused. Two questions:On past Princess Cruises, the Volcano was the hot chocolate cake with something kind of like hot fudge in the center that was delicious. Is it now just a banana split on the kid menu? Can you still get the Princess Dream for dessert? Can't wait to cruise again. Packing now.

What you are describing (hot chocolate cake with something kind of like hot fudge in the center) is called a Molten Lava cake. On Princess it is a dessert available in the steakhouse.

The Love Boat Dream is available every evening in the dining rooms. It no longer has a crispy bottom or a Godiva chocolate on top and the chocolate is more like chocolate pudding now than the very rich texture it used to have.