Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

We told the bar person what sorts of tastes we liked and they made up mocktails for us that weren't listed. They were all delicious and some were very thirst quenching!

Just returned last week from CP--I actually asked if they had Onion Soup and my request was turned down. Waiter said we missed it be a few days-

Actually this is the only cruise line that I hear the word sorry, but we can not do this -

Special requests (such as a food item not on the menu that day) cannot be taken by your waiter. You must ask your headwaiter and, as Pam said, a day in advance.

For example, on a recent cruise escargot was not on the menu any evening and one of the people at our table wanted it.

On the next-to-last night I asked the headwaiter if this person could have it the next night. Headwaitrer said he would see if it could be done.

Without any reminder the next evening, the escargot was brought to the table making our dining companion very happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Having just returned from the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS (4-18 to 4-25-2015) we heard another passenger exclaiming about the "ribs" and "chicken wings" from the TRIDENT GRILL. Thinking that this grill was just burgers, fries, & hot dogs, we inquired. The passenger told us that the "ribs" & "wings" were available after 6:00 p.m. Sadly, our dinner in the MDR was also at 6:00 p.m., so we never made it to the TRIDENT GRILL to check this out for ourselves...although the passenger told us the "wings" were delicious and the "ribs" were huge!!!

Debjo

On embarkation day, if you can't make it to the main dining room by 1:30 and your ship has an Alfredo's pizzeria, have your lunch there. We were the only one's in there at 2:00 on embarkation day and enjoyed delicious pizza in a relaxed atmosphere.

If you drink coffee, and prefer fresh brewed...it is worth buying the coffee card.....

There's another reason...it is good to have

it is so much easier to flash the card when you get your coffee and go- instead of getting a printed receipt for each purchase...or a quick punch for a specialty coffee...

I enjoyed coming back from a port stop on a Med cruise and getting a quick cup....along with a quick IC free snack.

Bernadette

On the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS during our recent WESTERN CARIBBEAN cruise, we had fresh scented COLD towels handed to us when we returned to the ship after a day in port. It was so refreshing after a hot, humid day! Nice touch Princess!

Debjo

• 5 weeks later...
On the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS during our recent WESTERN CARIBBEAN cruise, we had fresh scented COLD towels handed to us when we returned to the ship after a day in port. It was so refreshing after a hot, humid day! Nice touch Princess!

Debjo

Yes! Love it! :D

Debjo

They had that on the Crown Princess while we were in Hawaii and the South Pacific! VERY nice touch! :D

• 1 month later...

I hope everyone will check out the Princess Cabin Reviews thread on Cruise Critic. The link is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233606.

Near the end of the fist posting there is a link to a spreadsheet that recaps the reviews and allows you to easily filter the data to find information that will be useful to you.

Not sure if it's a secret but I didn't know about this until I read about it on the 2014 Secret thread. If you like ice cream in the main dinning room you can order a Volcano, from the kids menu. It's a banana split and it is WONDERFUL. I ordered it on my last cruise and people at tables that were around us actually came over and asked what it was. Absolutely worth a try!!

Can anyone tell me what ship they were on and when they ordered the Volcano? I asked about it on the Pacific Princess and they did not know what it was but tried to tell me that it was a "drink" and I should talk to the bar staff.

Can anyone tell me what ship they were on and when they ordered the Volcano? I asked about it on the Pacific Princess and they did not know what it was but tried to tell me that it was a "drink" and I should talk to the bar staff.

I have never (yet) ordered it but I believe it is on the kid's menu. On every Princess cruise I plan to order it but never quite get around to it. :o

It's on the Kid's Menu in the MDR. Easy way is to just tell your waiter you want the "kids banana split". My DH orders it frequently. :)

LuLu