Deck Ten Stateroom on Freedom - is it noisy?

Anyone been in a stateroom on Deck Ten aft of the Freedom? Is it noisy because of the Windjammer above it? There is one room left, and it's not cheap. I'm going next week with hubby, but would like to do this week alone. Wondering if it's worth it.

Last Sept a friend of ours had an aft balcony room on deck 10. They didn't mention noise but there was a lot of vibration from the propulsion problems. RCCL has worked on the propulsion but it is not completely fixed. So maybe there are still vibrations, maybe not.

We had 1400 on Freedom in January 2014. Didn't notice any noise from above. In fact, it was a very quiet cabin. No noise from people going down the hall.

we will have 1700 in june, can you tell me how the balcony is? is it really small and cutoff? seems that way on the pics of the ship. is there any chance you have a photo?

we will have 1700 in june, can you tell me how the balcony is? is it really small and cutoff? seems that way on the pics of the ship. is there any chance you have a photo?

The balcony is enormous! We had 1400 once and it was awesome. On my phone now but I can post pics when I get home tonight.

And, as said above, 1400 and 1700 are very quiet - no noise from above.

Edited by gcvt

We had 1400 on Freedom in January 2014. Didn't notice any noise from above. In fact, it was a very quiet cabin. No noise from people going down the hall.

I have 1400 booked for October and cannot wait. I saw a video on YouTube and knew that was the perfect cabin for the wife and i

Attached are some pictures. I don't know how to make them big but you can see the room. It was a great cabin. Would book it again.

Well my pictures didn't show. Will try again.

Edited by Dett
photos not showing

Once you go aft you never go back ;-)

To each his own I guess. I could take this to mean "Once you go aft you never go back .. to an aft cabin that is". We've only had an aft cabin once on the Serenade. It was OK since it had a larger balcony. Being aft, we felt a lot of vibrations from the propulsion. We were on deck 7 so that might make a difference. It was a long walk from the stairs or elevators and you can really feel the ships movements if the seas are rough. If you're prone to motion sickness you might want to consider mid ship, lower deck.

Yes, I meant that you will always want Aft. Beautiful view of the wake and plenty of room to spread out. I like being just under the WJ because no one can look down and see my balcony whereas I can see the lower afts...

We debarked last Sunday from cabin 1706 (aft junior suite)

Cabin was 300 sq ft & balcony was 15X15.

It was definitely worth the walk & the $$.

Only propulsion noise came from the thrusters

when docking.

Freedom came out of drydock on 01/29.

Jack

There is a U tube video. Just search for cabin 1400/1700. We have 1700 in a few weeks, cannot wait.