Small Cabanas GSC

SissasMomE

Nothing to add, buy just wanted to let you know that I wished I booked the small cabanas when I was there last year. Its so much closer to all the action, food, beaches...water sports. We booked the large one and regret it completely. It was a hike to get there, the beach area was so quiet & rocky, nothing going on & it was a long walk to get food by the BBQ.

Some prefer the quiet, secluded area... I personally didn't.

The cabana itself was great. Just the location, in my opinion was bad.

Edited by SailAwayInAugust

So we booked a small cabana on GSC. Is there any particular one we should request? Do they even allow you to request one, and/or does it make a difference? Thanks!

You don't get a choice. They are assigned in the order they are booked. First person to book one get #11 and so on.

Nothing to add, buy just wanted to let you know that I wished I booked the small cabanas when I was there last year. Its so much closer to all the action, food, beaches...water sports. We booked the large one and regret it completely. It was a hike to get there, the beach area was so quiet & rocky, nothing going on & it was a long walk to get food by the BBQ.

Hm. The small cabanas are further from the tender/buffet than the large ones, being second last to the lagoon. After the lagoon there's nothing.

We have never had a cabana before, but I did read several messages about the difference between the small and large ... so I am glad we booked the small one. We are really looking forward to it!

You don't get a choice. They are assigned in the order they are booked. First person to book one get #11 and so on.

Oh ok. I wasn't even sure if it made a difference. We haven't been to GSC since 2009, and they didn't even have the cabanas at that time ... so this is all new for us.

Oh ok. I wasn't even sure if it made a difference. We haven't been to GSC since 2009, and they didn't even have the cabanas at that time ... so this is all new for us.

I think you might be able to request one if you call to reserve the cabana (at least I recall others posting they were able to, but it's early so my memory may not be awake yet) but they are all in a great location and pretty much all have the same view.

We purchased a bottle of rum with our cabana credit and were able to take it back onto the ship at the end of the day.

Thanks for the map. Which direction off this map is the main beach area, and the buffet? (Left?)

Thanks!

The opposite side of the map from the lagoon. There is a tram that will take you between the two areas. I seem to remember it's a 10 to 15 minute walk.

There is a food service area but the ShorEx employee we spoke to said they only open it when Breakaway is visiting the island.

Sorry, I didn't know that. :( Both times we had a cabana, we were on the Breakaway so it was open.

Small cabana's are numbered 11 to 2..5something.

11 being the first/closest to large cabanas and next to the bar but it's a kind of standalone. See pic taken from 12.

2l9mz5v.jpg

Cabana 11 is the best, closest to the restroom and the bar :D

We have had it twice.

Edited by P&Lcruising

I think you might be able to request one if you call to reserve the cabana (at least I recall others posting they were able to, but it's early so my memory may not be awake yet) but they are all in a great location and pretty much all have the same view.

We purchased a bottle of rum with our cabana credit and were able to take it back onto the ship at the end of the day.

We have the UBP, so we are going to use the credit for some yummy food :D

I really hope that they hold back some cabanas to book aboard the ship as they aren't any left now :(

I have called the pre-cruise concierge to ask if there are any, may I have one? However, i hve not heard back.

As far as I know they do not hold back cabanas for booking on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
How early can you book a cabana? We go to GSC in January 2017 and I want to make sure we get one. It's too early to book...just curious how often I should be looking. Thanks!

I just booked our small cabana for our April 2016 cruise. I kept checking the available excursions every week and suddenly last week they were there. This is 13 months out.

Call the excursions desk... that what I did... when they are down to only a one or two they dont show as available online.. you can check every so often and ppl do cancel prior to sailing. We got food with our credit and never went to the bbq.. it was awesome!!

Call the excursions desk... that what I did... when they are down to only a one or two they dont show as available online.. you can check every so often and ppl do cancel prior to sailing. We got food with our credit and never went to the bbq.. it was awesome!!

That's what we are going to do. Between the chips, salsa, and fruit provided, and the $50 credit, we have no reason to go to the BBQ. I'm looking forward to it!