Hopefully "Live" Zuiderdam Panama Canal 2015

Mtn2Sea

For dinner last night, which was formal night, we met Iowaboy and his wife at the entrance to the MDR. DW and Iowaboy again talked about their adventures as summer exchange students when they were in high school. The time flew by! Here's tonight's menu.

image.jpg1_zps7qzuo07i.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsvmjfobdk.jpg

I chose the salmon from the every day menu and DW had the halibut. For dessert, I had the soufflé and DW had the flourless chocolate cake. Iowaboy's creme brûlée is shown in the pictures.

image.jpg1_zps9f1pojzu.jpg

We skipped the show by the ship's cast and waited for the 9:00 performance by Stryker in the Crow's Nest. By the time we got there, the Nest was almost full. Extra chairs had been brought in for the occasion. Stryker did several numbers and then began calling up some others to perform. The first one was the crew member who does the laundry. He played the piano as well as sang. Then a member of The Band sang, followed by the ship's librarian. The last "guest" performer was the violinist, who played while Stryker did his thing on the piano. Each guest performer did two numbers - they were all great. The night's music was enjoyed by all.

Until later.

Just wish the creme brulee was on daily instead of the brownie stack. :)

I'm a little surprised they made this change since creme brûlée is gluten free, which means if it's not on the menu the GF choices are usually only the ice creams/sundaes.

Thank you for taking us with you. We are certainly happy to read your good review of the ship we will board this Oct. The food looks good, sure glad we will have 26 days to try the choices on the menu.

Normally we eat breakfast in the MDR several times during a cruise, but we didn't make it to the dining room for our first meal of the day until today. I had the Italian frittata with turkey bacon, which I always enjoy, and DW had the gluten free pancakes, which she says taste pretty good as long as she has a lot of syrup. DW is still developing a taste for GF breads!

image.jpg2_zps6fa1r9if.jpg

image.jpg1_zps8omnwnmb.jpg

When we returned to the cabin, our last "paid for" laundry had appeared. Good thing those $20 laundry bags are so well constructed - I managed to get just about all of our clothes in that bag without popping the seams. We also found a "Congratulations On Your New Mariner Society Loyalty Level" card and pin.

image.jpg3_zpslqptk3jh.jpg

Here's today's program.

image.jpg1_zpsjkddlrac.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsrhdj0trk.jpg

Until later.

Thank you for posting this! We were on the same cruise in December and it brings it all back again! Wish I was there too........

Have you had a chance to enjoy the BB King band? We really enjoyed them. If you have any pictures of them, could you post one? Just curious whether the same group of musicians is onboard. We thought they were awesome. I can't remember any names though.

Enjoy your last couple of days...:)

I have no trouble using links to pictures provided by other posters, but I cannot see pictures being posted to this thread. From the tone of the post, the pictures should be there (and it sounds like they're fabulous). Am I doing something wrong (or not doing something)?? :confused: I feel like something of a dolt.

Be kind - this is my first time posting :o

I have no trouble using links to pictures provided by other posters, but I cannot see pictures being posted to this thread. From the tone of the post, the pictures should be there (and it sounds like they're fabulous). Am I doing something wrong (or not doing something)?? :confused: I feel like something of a dolt.

Be kind - this is my first time posting :o

Please tell us what you are reading the forum on.

Eg. Windows PC. Mac PC. Tablet, Phone.

Also are you using IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, tapatalk, App

WScruiser the way I view the pictures attached to this thread is not log in. The problem of course is you will not be able to respond to this thread as I am doing now. So in order for me to best and easily view the pictures. That is not to say you cannot see the pictures, because you simply click on the http: and you will mostly see them, but my way is easier. I am now going to log off and read the review and look at the pictures.

"Please tell us what you are reading the forum on.

Eg. Windows PC. Mac PC. Tablet, Phone.

Also are you using IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, tapatalk, App"

Windows PC (IE); I think I'm probably getting logged in automatically when I sign on. I have tapatalk, but have not used it yet. Boards, thanks for the suggestion about logging off - I will try it.

We had our last lunch on this cruise in the dining room. Here's the menu.

image.jpg2_zpst73psckg.jpg

image.jpg3_zpseilxvvkx.jpg

We both had the fruit appetizer and the hamburger (DW's did not include the bun). I had the coconut pie and DW had the blackberry sundae.

image.jpg1_zpswqu7zzhp.jpg

We've spent the afternoon reading in the Crow's Nest. When we came back to the cabin, lo and behold, our luggage was on the bed, ready for us to pack.

Until later.

Congrats on achieving 4* status! Just a question - did you earn it on your last cruise or did you cross over the 200 days this time? Just wondering about our next cruise (when we will go over the 100 day mark), if we will receive our copper medallion then, or have to wait till the next one. (DH just rolled his eyes knowing there will be a next one after the next one. LOL)

Last lunches and dinners are always bittersweet - knowing very shortly you will be returning to reality and daily life on terra firma. Thanks again for taking us with you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Congrats on achieving 4* status! Just a question - did you earn it on your last cruise or did you cross over the 200 days this time? Just wondering about our next cruise (when we will go over the 100 day mark), if we will receive our copper medallion then, or have to wait till the next one. (DH just rolled his eyes knowing there will be a next one after the next one. LOL)

Last lunches and dinners are always bittersweet - knowing very shortly you will be returning to reality and daily life on terra firma. Thanks again for taking us with you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

At the beginning of this cruise, we needed seven days to make our 4 star level. So, next cruise we'll enjoy the perks of being Four Star Mariners. About an hour ago, I turned in the paperwork to buy a future cruise deposit, so the planning will start shortly!

Just wondering about our next cruise (when we will go over the 100 day mark), if we will receive our copper medallion then, or have to wait till the next one. Gerry

The medallion Mariner program has always run on a different schedule than the star Mariner program. The medallion has traditionally been awarded during the cruise where you reach the actual sailing days for the medal level.

So, if all goes the same, you should get your copper medallion during your next cruise! :)

Thank you for posting this! We were on the same cruise in December and it brings it all back again! Wish I was there too........

Have you had a chance to enjoy the BB King band? We really enjoyed them. If you have any pictures of them, could you post one? Just curious whether the same group of musicians is onboard. We thought they were awesome. I can't remember any names though.

Enjoy your last couple of days...:)

I have a photo of at least some of the members of the BB King band when they performed in the Vista Lounge one night.

image.jpg1_zpshhtzwxp9.jpg

I have a photo of at least some of the members of the BB King band when they performed in the Vista Lounge one night.

image.jpg1_zpshhtzwxp9.jpg

Thank you! It is the same group we had on our cruise in December.

Enjoy your last night onboard.:)

For our last dinner aboard, we went to the Pinnacle Grill. I had a small steak and DW had the lamb chops. For dessert, I had the chocolate molten cake and DW had berries with a special sauce. Everything was good, but I've only got pictures of the desserts. The food looked too good to stop to take photos (I was starting to get full by the time dessert came, so I remembered I had the camera)! Here are our desserts.

image.jpg1_zpsdio7jrey.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsgiapt8ej.jpg

After dinner, we had to get a last drink, since our beverage card still had a balance. We next went to the Vista Lounge, where the ship's crew had a last goodbye for us. We then watched the Dancing With The Stars finale. We then returned to the cabin to finish packing so we could put our luggage in the hall. I'll try to do a wrap-up in a couple of days after we return home.

image.jpg3_zpso3ez5goq.jpg

Until later.