Brilliance in Key West Question

webteach

Sailing Brilliance this Saturday( provided the fog lifts!) and I have 2 questions:

- Since we are coming straight from Tampa, is there any checking in at KW or does the ship empty out pretty fast once docked?

-Where has BOS been docking lately?

We're meeting some people there and need some idea of the time frame.

Thanks.

There is no clearing of Customs/Immigration since you are coming from another U.S. port.

Here is the cruise ship calander for March:

http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/documents/1398358097_72207.htm

Sorry, but you are scheduled to be docked at the Outer Mole pier. That's the Navy pier and you have to be shuttled into town via conch Train and trolly.

We're meeting some people there and need some idea of the time frame.

Sorry, but you are scheduled to be docked at the Outer Mole pier. That's the Navy pier and you have to be shuttled into town via conch Train and trolly.

OP, do your friends live in KW? They can meet you where your ship docks, yes?

I did not realize that Brilliance stops in Key West....perhaps Brilliance will replace Her Majesty when Her Majesty is retired.

I would be surprised if they went with a ship with lower passenger capacity on that run.

I would be surprised if they went with a ship with lower passenger capacity on that run.

I want to agree with you, until you look at the reality....can a Voyager class ship, actually dock in Key West....those are the ships that have larger pax capacities (with a passenger range of 3114 to 3840); only one of the ships in the Vision class have more than a max pax capacity of 2440 and that is Enchantment, with a max pax capacity of 2730. Radiance class ships have a max pax capacity of 2530. At least the loss of a couple of hundred cruisers/approximately 100 cabins (Her Majesty has a max of 2744), will be countered by larger cabins, more balcony cabins that are not JS, which can increase the pricing structure a little bit to compensate for a few fewer cruisers.

I personally would love a Voyager class ship replacing Her Majesty.....but the argument is always -- can a ship that size dock in Key West. With a Radiance class ship we know it can, because Brilliance does it now on itineraries from Tampa.

I want to agree with you, until you look at the reality....can a Voyager class ship, actually dock in Key West....those are the ships that have larger pax capacities (with a passenger range of 3114 to 3840); only one of the ships in the Vision class have more than a max pax capacity of 2440 and that is Enchantment, with a max pax capacity of 2730. Radiance class ships have a max pax capacity of 2530. At least the loss of a couple of hundred cruisers/approximately 100 cabins (Her Majesty has a max of 2744), will be countered by larger cabins, more balcony cabins that are not JS, which can increase the pricing structure a little bit to compensate for a few fewer cruisers.

I personally would love a Voyager class ship replacing Her Majesty.....but the argument is always -- can a ship that size dock in Key West. With a Radiance class ship we know it can, because Brilliance does it now on itineraries from Tampa.

I agree with you with regard to a Voyager class ship not being able to go to Key West. That's why I think Enchantment replaces Majesty and another ship (maybe a Voyager class ship) takes over the 3/4 day runs out of PC.

Edited by clarea

I agree with you with regard to a Voyager class ship not being able to go to Key West. That's why I think Enchantment replaces Majesty and another ship (maybe a Voyager class ship) takes over the 3/4 day runs out of PC.

The argument is always 'Can a Voyager Class ship dock in Key West or not?' -- I don't really know if it can't. I remember reading some time ago, that a Voyager class ship did dock in Key West.....since I wasn't on board, I don't know for sure.

I think the replacement for Her Majesty, is about more than just pax capacity....it 'should' be from a 'marketing perspective' -- what ship can give us a better edge over our competitors trying to lure cruisers.

When I take that marketing edge into the discussion....a Radiance class ship, could be a nice lure. Those ships have not very often cruised from Miami. So it provides a totally new cruise experience for past cruises and new ones alike.

We were on the Explorer when she docked in Key West several years ago. She docked later than scheduled and got permission to stay there till 10pm. Great port and beautiful sunset.

So, the answer is yes, a Voyager class ship can dock there.

Are you sure you got that right? RCI tested KW with the Mariner a couple years ago, but there were no passengers on board. I don't remember any other Voyager Class ship ever being in Key West. :confused: