Blue Man Group Leaving the EPIC

karenlovesparis

I too am sad about Blue Man Group leaving - that was some interesting my adult kids ( early twenties) were really looking forward too.

Anyone know who the legends will be on the May sailings? I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they will probably put the Blue Man Group on a different ncl ship

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

They had a Jersey Boys show on the Pearl and I would see that again in a heartbeat. Burn the Floor as you say was just ok.

While on the Dawn repositioning cruise in Nov 2014 we saw a Four Season Tribute group. Show was titled Oh What a Night. It was fantastic. I would love to see it again!

While on the Dawn repositioning cruise in Nov 2014 we saw a Four Season Tribute group. Show was titled Oh What a Night. It was fantastic. I would love to see it again!

Yes, that was the one. I saw Jersey Boys in Las Vegas and I thought the performances on "Oh What a Night" was just as good. Everyone in our group of all ages young and old enjoyed it.

I read somewhere that the BMG's contract with NCL ends at end of March. 5 years is a long time.

According to Wikipedia: Blue Man Group currently has ongoing theatrical productions in Las Vegas, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, New York and Berlin, along with a North/South American Tour and a show on the Norwegian Cruise Line ship “The Epic”.

They have been around for 24 years. Maybe 5 years is a long time for a cruise ship, but I don't think it would have killed them to stay on 2 more weeks and finish out the Miami itineraries. It begs the question of what else will they eliminate because it's been around too long. Cirque? Legends? Comedy shows? I understand that cruisers may tire of seeing the same shows over again. But unlike Legally Blonde and Rock of Ages, those other shows can be re-staged with different acts ie new comics, new circus acts etc.

My husband met one of the original creators of The Blue Man Group back when they were both youngish men hanging out in Central Park in NYC back in the late '80s. When the guy described the group he was in "painting themselves blue and making music while doing topical/political humor" my husband thought "um, yeah, good luck with that". We saw them in the early 90s and love that they are still going and have the franchise groups.

Anyone have an update on this? I am thinking about the April 12-19 cruise still

We are on this cruise and we have ZERO entertainment info yet! We can't even book cirque dinner. I don't believe the April 5th cruise can book anything yet either. Wish they would let us know.

We are on this cruise and we have ZERO entertainment info yet! We can't even book cirque dinner. I don't believe the April 5th cruise can book anything yet either. Wish they would let us know.

That is true. I keep stalking the April 5th roll call (sorry guys) to see if they heard anything first since they are a week before us, but I've seen nothing yet. Seems to me if it's every man for himself on boarding day, trying to make reservations is going to be chaos and if they think we are upset now, wait til then. And I can't afford this trip to get a suite just to get priority.

That is true. I keep stalking the April 5th roll call (sorry guys) to see if they heard anything first since they are a week before us, but I've seen nothing yet. Seems to me if it's every man for himself on boarding day, trying to make reservations is going to be chaos and if they think we are upset now, wait til then. And I can't afford this trip to get a suite just to get priority.

Lol-stalk away!

Our roll call is pretty quiet😀 I keep hoping to see entertainment options one of these days, too.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Lol-stalk away!

Our roll call is pretty quiet I keep hoping to see entertainment options one of these days, too.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Thanks :) I wonder if we will all find out at the same time?? If we still haven't heard anything by the time of my cruise, maybe someone on your sailing can post something and let those of us on the April 12 cruise know what to expect.

We saw the Blue Man Group on the Epic in 2012 and would have left early, but our seats were where it was not possible.

Entertainment is subjective, I don't want to insult anyone that liked the BMG, but personally my DW, Son, three of his friends and I were not impressed. I suppose 13 year old boys might like it.

Just love this, "don't want to insult anyone" then promptly insults all adults who did enjoy the show by saying its for 13 year olds.

We saw the Blue Man Group on the Epic in 2012 and would have left early, but our seats were where it was not possible.

Entertainment is subjective, I don't want to insult anyone that liked the BMG, but personally my DW, Son, three of his friends and I were not impressed. I suppose 13 year old boys might like it.

No offense but you got to be insane lol. I saw them last March and they were awesome, I could not stop laughing. Though I did think Cirque was better. At the end of the cruise overall I thought both shows were awesome. I did not see the legend show but I heard the only good one was Steven Tyler.

Well we loved them. We have seen them in Orlando and it was kind of the same show. As the parent of a child with autism we do not go to shows however he sat through this show completely enthralled and we laughed until our sides ached.

Entertainment is subjective which is why there is a wide choice.

Now to move onto 'family friendly' Headliners show at 7pm. *Yawn* and someone could have told the audience that it was for at families and that there were children in the audience as a lot were all yelling out s x references. We just left.

Edited by cruise_family

Well we loved them. We have seen them in Orlando and it was kind of the same show. As the parent of a child with autism we do not go to shows however he sat through this show completely enthralled and we laughed until our sides ached.

Entertainment is subjective which is why there is a wide choice.

Now to move onto 'family friendly' Headliners show at 7pm. *Yawn* and someone could have told the audience that it was for at families and that there were children in the audience as a lot were all yelling out s x references. We just left.

Yeah family friendly is usually boring lol

Funny you said that we were in the back and walked out after 20 minutes couldn't stand the constant pounding. Not my cup of tea.

Funny you said that we were in the back and walked out after 20 minutes couldn't stand the constant pounding. Not my cup of tea.

Idk how everyone doesn't love the Blue Man Group, forget the drumming for a minute they're actually really really funny.

Burn the floor oh dear.....this will be a disaster.

That will not work in Europe it all USA unless they tweek it

Saw it on the Breakaway and was delighted to walk out early after 15 mins as to most of the UK guests who thought it was......!:mad: