Odd Internet ?

planb

When you say you "get a bit free minutes", I'm basing my reply on that meaning a free platinum or elite package.

You can easily activate your complimentary internet package from your mobile device & there's no need to go to the Internet Café. There is no fee associated with the free packages so that isn't an issue either.

When you turn on your device (in airplane mode & WiFi on) the sign on site should pop up but if not open your web browser to access it. Input your name, cabin # and birthdate and you can select a password for future access. There will be an option to select your free internet package or to purchase additional minutes.

It's quite easy & I'm going from memory after doing it many times. Sometimes at the Internet Café desk there are copies of the instructions if you need further guidance or even the manager's assistance. I never use the manager's assistance except when there is a problem with their system which requires the manager's assistance to get past the snafu.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You will find it all pretty straightforward once on board. I suggest also that you firstly go to the Internet Cafe and get the information/instruction sheet which will give you all the advice you need.

A word of warning though. Keep an eye on your usage. On a recent cruise (Our status gave us 500 minutes each) around South America we were losing the satellite signal quite often. While the Internet Cafe manager (who was a very helpful and patient person) said that the timer counter would stop when the satellite was lost, a couple of times it did not stop counting for me and on one occasion I actually lost a couple of hundred minutes. When I logged back on this came to my attention as I could see the drain on my available minutes and the Manager re-imbursed me the number of minutes 'lost'. If he is on the ball he will be able to tell from his printout if you are being truthful.

By the way be careful to ensure you log off as that will stop the counter.:)

It is very easy as stated below. Turn on your computer and bring up a window such as IE, firefox or chrome for example and the princess logo should appear.

From there go to login which will need your name, room number and birth date. You can establish an account using your free minutes alone with a password. Warning though that each time you actually get access to the internet do not forget to log off at the end of the session or you will use up all your minutes. A timer will show when you first log in. I always leave that page up and open a new window to do what I want. When you run out of free minutes, it will start charging you at $.75/minute so watch your time.

Access to the Princess webpage where you can see your Princess account, future cruises, plan cruises etc. is always free. Don't use your minutes looking at that page.

The internet is S L O W so don't expect fast response. Try to stay off pages that download a lot of graphics or you will eat up your time as it will be slow. What most do is download their email and then read it offline. Type in the answers or new email offline and then go online to upload it to the internet. If I want to read something, I copy it into Word and read it offline. The time goes fast.

Using my iPhone, how do I download my emails to read offline? I'm not a Luddite, but since I never had a job that included Internet, I have to learn everything the hard way.

I do have documents in Word, but don't know how to retrieve them on my iPhone.

Using my iPhone, how do I download my emails to read offline? I'm not a Luddite, but since I never had a job that included Internet, I have to learn everything the hard way.

If you're using your iPhone just setup the Mail app that came with your phone. It will download your mail so that you can read it anytime.

If you're using your iPhone just setup the Mail app that came with your phone. It will download your mail so that you can read it anytime.

If there is an Apple store in your area, they can show you how to do this.