7 Night Boston to Montreal on Maasdam- Does Anyone have the Menu?

jresn02

Your formal nights should be on the cruising day down the St. Lawrence, and the day you are in Bar Harbor; that is usually an early sail away.

I don't know why you think there will be fewer dinner choices on the Maasdam. The menus are fairly consistent across the fleet as to number of appetizers, entrée choices, and desserts.

Your formal nights should be on the cruising day down the St. Lawrence, and the day you are in Bar Harbor; that is usually an early sail away.

I don't know why you think there will be fewer dinner choices on the Maasdam. The menus are fairly consistent across the fleet as to number of appetizers, entrée choices, and desserts.

Are you sure about the formal nights? Bar Harbor is the last night of the cruise. I would think the second formal night would be leaving Halifax which should be an hour earlier plus an hour gained moving to Eastern time.

These menus are from the Veendam in 2013 but should be similar to Maasdam.

https://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com/menus/veendam-canada/

Roy

Are the "food offerings" a factor on whether you take this cruise or not ?

Not, but they do impact what days I book the Pinnacle Grille or other specialty options.

On other lines the like Carnival the lack of specialty restaurants is a factor on longer cruises.

What are the typical formal nights sailing in the other direction from Montreal? We tried this cruise 5 years ago, but most of the ports were skipped so going again. I know the one sailing day down the St Lawrence is formal night but what about in the other direction. The second might be Sydney since that is when Le Cirque is in Pinnacle.

Also, does HAL still cover the chairs on one formal night.

Maasdam has not sailed that itinerary since last fall. Menus change all the time. Until she starts to sail Canada/NE we don't know what menu changes will take place on that ship and all the others, for that matter.

Formal nights for the Boston to Montreal itinerary will be:

Sunday, Bar Harbor Day

Thursday, Scenic cruising St. Lawrence day.

What are the typical formal nights sailing in the other direction from Montreal? We tried this cruise 5 years ago, but most of the ports were skipped so going again. I know the one sailing day down the St Lawrence is formal night but what about in the other direction. The second might be Sydney since that is when Le Cirque is in Pinnacle.

Also, does HAL still cover the chairs on one formal night.

For Maasdam's Montreal to Boston itinerary, formal nights will be:

Sunday Quebec City day OR possibly Monday St. Lawrence sea day

Thursday, Halifax day

I've done that itinerary in both directions many times and most of the time, formal night is Quebec City.

Are you sure about the formal nights? Bar Harbor is the last night of the cruise. I would think the second formal night would be leaving Halifax which should be an hour earlier plus an hour gained moving to Eastern time.

You're right. I keep thinking there's a sea day on the way to Boston, but there isn't. :o

You're right. I keep thinking there's a sea day on the way to Boston, but there isn't. :o

There is definitely a sea day from Montreal to Boston on Maasdam.

Maybe there is no sea day on Veendam where the ship starts and overnights in Quebec City?

There has to be a sea day to transit St. Lawrence back from Montreal and Quebec city.

The itinerary is:

Montreal

Quebec City

Scenic Cruising Gulf of St. Lawrence

Charlottetown, PEI

Sydney

Halifax

Bar Harbor

Boston

Here is the 14 day Veendam Boston to Quebec City to Boston Collector's cruise itinerary.

0 Boston, Massachusetts

1 Bar Harbor, Maine

2 Halifax, Nova Scotia

3 Sydney, Nova Scotia

4 Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

5 Cruising Gulf of St. Lawrence CO

6 Quebec City

7 Quebec City

8 Quebec City

9 Cruising Gulf of St. Lawrence

10 Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

11 Sydney, Nova Scotia

12 Halifax, Nova Scotia

13 Bar Harbor, Maine

14 Boston, Massachusetts

Edited by sail7seas

There is definitely a sea day from Montreal to Boston on Maasdam.

There has to be a sea day to transit St. Lawrence back from Montreal and Quebec city.

I was responding to Roy's correction that there's no sea day between Bar Harbor and Boston.

I KNOW there's a sea day earlier in the cruise since I mentioned it in my original post.

Good.

There seemed to be question about both Maasdam and Veendam's itinerary.

I thought it useful to post them.

Sorry. Maybe it can be helpful to someone.

Edited by sail7seas