Anybody been on a "last cruise"

We are booked on Splendour for the last cruise before it is sold on the April 4, 2016 Suez Canal itinerary. What might we expect if anything in the way of changes to the ship, things that might be closed, sellouts in the shops, farewell parties, or gifts? Just curious !

I was on the last sailing of the Monarch. For those who had been on the ship many times before it seemed sort of an emotional farewell. My husband and I had never been on the ship before so we didn't really get that aspect of the cruise. They had a party with a giant cake in shape of the ship and handed out champagne. Some of the suite guests got to take home stuff from their room that had RC logos on it. We also got a decent amount of RC swag. Mostly stupid stuff but it felt fun to get little things like bags and pens and calendars. Also, they had HUGE discounts in the stores. I got a ring for $3 that I saw on an earlier cruise for $45.

We were also on Monarch's last cruise. There were many gifts, such as crystal blocks, robes, tote bags, and a book with photos of Monarch crew and guests through the years.

We were also on Monarch's last cruise. There were many gifts, such as crystal blocks, robes, tote bags, and a book with photos of Monarch crew and guests through the years.

+1 on another one who was on that cruise.

It was really great to be part of that trip.

Put it this way- if the ship means something to you- I find it worth going on it's last one.

I think if we did another one sometime in the future- we'd try to be on the Adventure's last one. But that shouldn't be for a while. We've spent more time on the Adventure than any other ship- and will add another 7 days this summer.

I'm on the "almost" last - in early March of 2016.

Should we be concerned about any decline in service, or poor staff attitude?

Already resigned to no more upgrades and limited maintenance between now and then, but would hate to deal with staffers who knew they were soon out of a job.

I'm on the "almost" last - in early March of 2016.

Should we be concerned about any decline in service, or poor staff attitude?

Already resigned to no more upgrades and limited maintenance between now and then, but would hate to deal with staffers who knew they were soon out of a job.

I would not be concerned about a decline in service. I noticed none of that on the last Monarch cruises.

but would hate to deal with staffers who knew they were soon out of a job.

That's really not going to be an issue - they'll be re-depolyed to different ships is no way they'll just suddenly be out of a job. The month that Splendour goes out of service is the very same that the biggest ship in the world, Harmony of the Seas, will launch - won't be any shortage of positions in the company for them to go to!!

Similar experience for the Sovereign last sailing although we didn't receive a robe. We did get the block, a certificate commemorating the sailing, some stock photos of the ship etc. There was a champagne toast and a cool 3D cake in the shape of the ship. Staff wrote and sang a song to passengers.

It was a touching cruise.

M

Thanks, everybody!

We disembark in Venice, so I might plan to bring an extra fold up duffel bag in case we get some goodies.

Sounds like it could be a momentous occasion! We have been on Splendour a few times so it will be somewhat nostalgic.

There is also an electricity in the air with the crew. Most are excited about new assignments, some are excited to be able to go home to family and of course there are some that are sad to be leaving. Great time to interact with the crew.

So sad that we can't go on Her Majesty's last cruise.....we would have loved to...but it is the last few days of Passover and going on a cruise and being unable to eat.....just doesn't work for me.

So we are instead looking to go on her a few months earlier and treat ourselves to a JS on it. Our luxury on a ship that has given us many fun cruises.

I could hope that Royal changes their mind, now that they also are selling Splendour at the same time.