Britannia - The LimeLight Club

cruisefan2012

Logged into the cruise personaliser tonight

I`m on B509 Britannia to the Baltics on the 30th May 2015

The LimeLight Club is now available to book...

Featuring such acts as

* Madeline Bell ( I`m gonna make you love me...)

* Dean Andrews (Actor - Live on Mars)

* Jonty Stephens & Ian Ashpitel (Eric and Ernie tribute act)

* Jaki Graham ( Could it be I`m falling in love...)

Currently priced up at £22 per person

Logged into the cruise personaliser tonight

I`m on B509 Britannia to the Baltics on the 30th May 2015

The LimeLight Club is now available to book...

Featuring such acts as

* Madeline Bell ( I`m gonna make you love me...)

* Dean Andrews (Actor - Live on Mars)

* Jonty Stephens & Ian Ashpitel (Eric and Ernie tribute act)

* Jaki Graham ( Could it be I`m falling in love...)

Currently priced up at £22 per person

Thanks. We are on that cruise. What have you booked for if you don't mind me asking?

I have booked to see Madeleine Bell on the maiden cruise (and Kiki Dee). Will let you know my thoughts. Even though they are both past their best, I suspect that in the Limelight Club cabaret setting they will be well worth seeing.

I have booked to see Madeleine Bell on the maiden cruise (and Kiki Dee). Will let you know my thoughts. Even though they are both past their best, I suspect that in the Limelight Club cabaret setting they will be well worth seeing.

Not quite sure who the cynics on here expect to see on the ship. Anyone who makes it big in comedy or music are looking to fill the arenas around the country with 3k to 5k capacity and at £50+ for the tickets. They are not going to go on a cruise ship, any cruise ship.

I am sure the two acts above will be worth the money. We are booking for the first night of our cruise as friends are having their golden wedding on the day we sail.

Edited by daiB

Sorry but I wouldnt pay £22 to see any tribute act.

The acts cruisefan lists are not tribute acts.

Kiki Dee's chart hits include Amoureuse, Don't go breaking my heart (with Elton John) and Star and she has had a very successful West End theatre career, notably in Blood Brothers.

Madeline Bell and Jaki Graham also had very successful careers: Bell with Blue Mink and then as a very highly regarded session and backing singer for acts like Led Zeppelin and Joe Cocker. She has also appeared in many stage shows. Following her chart career Jaki Graham has worked consistently, supporting tours by acts such as Cliff Richard.

I can personally recommend the Eric and Ernie act. To call them a tribute is a misnomer. They were in a two-man show in the West End (I saw it about 12 months ago). The first half was a playlet based around Eric and Ernie's relationship and its complexities, the second half was a recreation of some of their funniest routines. The likeness of the two men to Eric and Ernie is astounding and the play itself was sensitive, touching, thought-provoking and funny. It was just the two of them on stage the whole time, with very little in the way of staging or props. My children, who are too young to remember E&E, loved it.

Personally I would rather pay £22 to see these "has-beens" than £60 to see vapid celebrities or auto-tuned pop stars!

Those of you on the Baltic cruise - do you know if you are calling at Stockholm and if so where you will be docking?

I have heard that Britannia may be too big to transit into the city and that may actually dock 30-40 miles away in Nyanshamn (or similar). That would be a disappointment for me if I were on that cruise.

Not quite sure who the cynics on here expect to see on the ship. Anyone who makes it big in comedy or music are looking to fill the arenas around the country with 3k to 5k capacity and at £50+ for the tickets. They are not going to go on a cruise ship, any cruise ship.

I am sure the two acts above will be worth the money. We are booking for the first night of our cruise as friends are having their golden wedding on the day we sail.

Well said. Cynics indeed. The usual predictable comments. Obviously everyone is entitled t an opinion but why are some so negative at every opportunity?

Kiki Dee's chart hits include Amoureuse, Don't go breaking my heart (with Elton John) and Star and she has had a very successful West End theatre career, notably in Blood Brothers.

Madeline Bell and Jaki Graham also had very successful careers: Bell with Blue Mink and then as a very highly regarded session and backing singer for acts like Led Zeppelin and Joe Cocker. She has also appeared in many stage shows. Following her chart career Jaki Graham has worked consistently, supporting tours by acts such as Cliff Richard.

I can personally recommend the Eric and Ernie act. To call them a tribute is a misnomer. They were in a two-man show in the West End (I saw it about 12 months ago). The first half was a playlet based around Eric and Ernie's relationship and its complexities, the second half was a recreation of some of their funniest routines. The likeness of the two men to Eric and Ernie is astounding and the play itself was sensitive, touching, thought-provoking and funny. It was just the two of them on stage the whole time, with very little in the way of staging or props. My children, who are too young to remember E&E, loved it.

Personally I would rather pay £22 to see these "has-beens" than £60 to see vapid celebrities or auto-tuned pop stars!

Thank you. Its great to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about. We've booked for Madeline Bell. We'll think about E and E following you recommendation.

Excellent post puts all of this into context. If they can keep up that quality the supper club will go down a storm.

Thank you. Its great to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about. We've booked for Madeline Bell. We'll think about E and E following you recommendation.

Madeline Bell's repertoire now is very jazzy/bluesy. I think she has recently worked with Jools Holland.

Was trying to remember what Dean Andrews has been in more recently than Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and it's just come to me - Last Tango in Halifax.

I believe he's also a half-decent singer.

The second half of E&E was a bit of a nostalgia trip, but very well done. It was difficult to believe it was not the genuine article up on the stage and I grew up watching Morecambe and Wise. Their Christmas show was sacrosanct in our house! I still love the kitchen stripper routine. :D

Sorry to disagree but Russell Watson who should have appeared on Azura Maiden but couldnt because of Icelandic Volcano dust, Jimmy Carr who appeared on Ventura Maiden could easily fill 3k to 5k areans around the country. P&O have also had Alfie Boe and Katherine Jenkins who could easily fill such arenas on recent cruises. Just think for the Britannia Maiden they could have had a similar act and not decrying any act on the cruise have seen most on "ordinary" cruises in the past and done something special for the maiden. But once again what ever P&O do or say you stick up for them and will not have a bad word said against them even when your facts are wrong.

Edited by majortom10

Sorry to disagree but Russell Watson who should have appeared on Azura Maiden but couldnt because of Icelandic Volcano dust, Jimmy Carr who appeared on Ventura Maiden could easily fill 3k to 5k areans around the country. P&O have also had Alfie Boe and Katherine Jenkins who could easily fill such arenas on recent cruises. Just think for the Britannia Maiden they could have had a similar act and not decrying any act on the cruise have seen most on "ordinary" cruises in the past and done something special for the maiden. But once again what ever P&O do or say you stick up for them and will not have a bad word said against them even when your facts are wrong.

Well if you were to read the topic it is talking of the Limelight club. I fear you are not letting the facts get in the way of your clear anti P&O stance. I was discussing the limelight club I do not know who is on the main stage. So I cannot comment.

Well if you were to read the topic it is talking of the Limelight club. I fear you are not letting the facts get in the way of your clear anti P&O stance. I was discussing the limelight club I do not know who is on the main stage. So I cannot comment.

I have not got an anti P&O stance but you certainly will not have a bad word said against them even when the facts are right and you consistently stick up for P&O even when they are blatantly in the wrong. I think you should perhaps travel with another cruise line then your stance might change when you realise that other cruise lines are as good if not better than P&O.

I have not got an anti P&O stance but you certainly will not have a bad word said against them even when the facts are right and you consistently stick up for P&O even when they are blatantly in the wrong. I think you should perhaps travel with another cruise line then your stance might change when you realise that other cruise lines are as good if not better than P&O.

Have you re-read your posts at all they are almost 100% negitive. Others have commented.

I would much rather be positive about things than negitive. Have you read you questions yesterday.

I will cruise with whom I want. Nothing to do with you.

I just ignore the negativity of many posts. As I am sure many now do.

Dai

Have you re-read your posts at all they are almost 100% negitive. Others have commented.

I would much rather be positive about things than negitive. Have you read you questions yesterday.

I will cruise with whom I want. Nothing to do with you.

I just ignore the negativity of many posts. As I am sure many now do.

Dai

Well sad Dai. Yes, ignore the negative posts which mostly come from the same anti P&Oers and report the offensive posts.

Its a shame that someone makes an innocent post and yet again this is the outcome.

Edited by dgs1956

Can someone tell me what the scenario is in the Limelight Club? I understand you get a table to watch the cabaret & eat your meal, what happens afterwards? Is the music ongoing, do you get to keep your table & are other people allowed in later?

As far as I know, after the Cabaret is finished you are able to dance. I don't think you are allowed in later but I may be wrong.

Can someone tell me what the scenario is in the Limelight Club? I understand you get a table to watch the cabaret & eat your meal, what happens afterwards? Is the music ongoing, do you get to keep your table & are other people allowed in later?

Not sure as this is all new. Might depend on what you mean by later.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

I believe that once the music and meal are finished, those who wish to stay to dance or just sit with drinks and talk can stay for as long as they wish. I seem to remember reading somewhere that nobody else who has not been there throughout are allowed in. I think this is reasonable. Although I may be proved wrong, it seems to be a real attempt to provide something different for those that are interested. The sample menus online are more speciality than MDR and provided the calibre of artistes is as high as can reasonably be expected, it should provide an excellent experience. I am looking forward to taking advantage of this in a couple of weeks.

I quite like the concept. Undecided whether to go when we are on Britannia in a few weeks. The menu posted on the website looks a little uninspiring though with very little choice, way less than the MDR or speciality restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those of you on the Baltic cruise - do you know if you are calling at Stockholm and if so where you will be docking?

I have heard that Britannia may be too big to transit into the city and that may actually dock 30-40 miles away in Nyanshamn (or similar). That would be a disappointment for me if I were on that cruise.

It is still not certain whether we will dock in Stockholm or Nynasham, P&O have replied that they are still in negotiations with the Swedish pilots.

However on Swedish port Authority we are due to be tendered from anchor2 in Nynashamn. We booked our excursion with ALLA tours and they have it from Sweden also for Nynashamn and have adjusted their excursion accordingly.

This is Britannia's only trip to the Baltic, Royal and Regal Princess both use Nynasham so I think that is where we will be.