A Carnival idea RCI should take note of: Throwback Sea Day

Agree with both comments. I've criticized RCI plenty in the past year for things I think they've done poorly, and haven't been attacked nearly as savagely as I have in the past on the Carnival board. I make an effort to keep my criticism fair and measured, and have no problem going toe to toe with any lines' Pom Pom wavers. They're everywhere, but definitely less personal on the RCI board IMHO.

Re: the other comment, I think it would be fun to see an RCI throwback. I was not sailing RCI back then, so it would be cool to see!

I'll respectfully disagree.

I've seen some very mean spirited conversations here on the Royal board. Yes, carnival board also.

Where I've seen a huge difference is the moderators here on the Royal board will put a stop to things or delete some posts, whereas on the Carnival boards, the mods let things go too far, then they might step in.

I've seen some very mean spirited conversations here on the Royal board. Yes, carnival board also.

Where I've seen a huge difference is the moderators here on the Royal board will put a stop to things or delete some posts, whereas on the Carnival boards, the mods let things go too far, then they might step in.

I do think that some people, the cheerleaders, get way too personally involved. As if this is their own personal cruise line

I agree that the moderators over here are quicker on the trigger but I've never seen as mean spirited attacks as I've seen on the Carnival board. I guess YMMV applies.

I do think that some people, the cheerleaders, get way too personally involved. As if this is their own personal cruise line

True but I also think many are too quick to label others 'cheerleaders' just because they disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our first cruise on the Explorer, our travel companions were on deck 12 when we were on 11. While trying to get their attention (waving & such), my DH realized I was unknowingly bidding on a horse! I was outbid (thankfully) but we did win a few dollars on the races.........

Edited by phoenix1181

True but I also think many are too quick to label others 'cheerleaders' just because they disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes there is a fine line between being an advocate of a product and figuratively, defending it to the death. There are people who certainly disagree with certain things and are happy to say as such. There are however, some people who if you don't agree with RCI, Carnival, HAL, whatever company we happen to be discussing, appear to take it personally as if you were trash talking their mother. While some of these staunch proponents may very well be shareholders and have a financial stake in the matter, a good exec or stockholder will also hear out the not so good comments along with the good ones. A company will never improve or make changes to please a larger demographic if their voice isn't heard and their opinion valued. While the company may not always agree with the negative comments, there may be some useful information to be gained from them. Simply because someone has a differing opinion, does not mean that their view is wrong or not valid. Simply arguing with a differing opinion is not going to change matters, and in some cases, maybe things do need to be changed. Companies need to take note of the majority of their customers and make changes to better the experience for everyone, not just a select few.

OK, I will go out on a limb and say I LOVE this idea! I wasn't even cruising back then (1st trip wasn't until 1996) but I think this would be a hoot :)

Melissa

Our first cruise was 1996 and we had horse racing... A lot of fuiin.