Oasis GS11330 Change

Not a big deal, but...

We came back on board today to find that the shower door had been removed and replaced with an (about) 24 inch clear glass splash plate. This leaves about 75% of the shower completely open to the rest of the bathroom. DW just got in the shower and the bathroom floor is mostly flooded already. Not sure why they made this change.

Our cabin attendant was surprised also. He told us that next week the are changing all of the wall paper in the cabin.

We love the cabin overall. Have taken photos of the new shower "no door" and will figure out how to post them soon.

We are neighbors, currently in 11730. They replaced the shower door in our suite today. We were livid to find that they had done so without so much as a word letting us know the contractors would be performing work. We came back to the room to find what they did. We let the concierge know of out displeasure with it. The new setup is awful and the entire floor will now be covered in water. We had the 2nd in charge of housekeeping to the room to show them what they had done and of our concerns about letting contractors in.

Otherwise it's a fantastic room. Huge room with a great view of the Aqua Theater.

Edited by dcbiker97

We are neighbors, currently in 11730. They replaced the shower door in our suite today. We were livid to find that they had done so without so much as a word letting us know the contractors would be performing work. We came back to the room to find what they did. We let the concierge know of out displeasure with it. The new setup is awful and the entire floor will now be covered in water. We had the 2nd in charge of housekeeping to the room to show them what they had done and of our concerns about letting contractors in.

Otherwise it's a fantastic room. Huge room with a great view of the Aqua Theater.

Do you think they will change out or add newer balcony furniture with this new work?

The Senior Deck Supervisor came to our cabin this evening after we expressed the same concerns. She acknowledged that others had already complained. She said they are going to install a shower curtain to alleviate the flooding problem.

I asked what had prompted the change. I am not making up her answer! She said that a "rather large lady" had made a "formal complaint" that she could not fit through the shower door!

She also confirmed that much of the wall paper is being replaced during next week's cruise.

Other than this small glitch, great cabin and cruise.

I don't blame any of you for being concerned that you were not told that contractors would be spending time in your cabin. I do appreciate that passengers in both deck 11 aft GS shared this news with us and also wonder why the wallpaper needs to be replaced.

I hope they will be replacing the current outdoor furniture with the woven patio furniture that is consistently in suites.

I just want to make it clear that no one in our party was the fat lady who complained ;)..shower doors worked perfectly. Complained about the balcony furniture, but it seems they have not changed them yet and will decide when and if they will do that. Contractors were also in the room when we sailed on 2/21.

• 4 weeks later...

That's kind of a wow moment to me. They're replacing brand-new, perfectly functioning doors with panels that don't contain water and curtains that will look ratty in no time because one person complained. It usually takes a mass outcry to get something changed, and even then it's iffy.:confused:

I would also not be pleased to find contractors performing "routine" work in my suite without notification.

I thought all the shower doors should of been bigger. They are pretty narrow.

We have been on the Oasis , and Allure. We also went on the Quantum this past Feb. And it was so much nicer in our bathroom than the other two ships.

Shower doors were huge. I can see why a lot of people complained about their

shower doors being too small.

I heard people were going to the gym/spa area to take showers due to the

narrow shower doors.

So it wasn't just one lady complaining because we heard it every day on the

Oasis and Allure.

I thought all the shower doors should of been bigger. They are pretty narrow.

We have been on the Oasis , and Allure. We also went on the Quantum this past Feb. And it was so much nicer in our bathroom than the other two ships.

Shower doors were huge. I can see why a lot of people complained about their

shower doors being too small.

I heard people were going to the gym/spa area to take showers due to the

narrow shower doors.

So it wasn't just one lady complaining because we heard it every day on the

Oasis and Allure.

Well you are talking about the regular cabins with the "tube" showers. This thread is about the six brand new Grand Suites at the aft of the ship that have larger showers/tubs. They originally had glass doors you had to step through, but now there is a curtain, unfortunately.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

In 11330 right now. Love, love, love this cabin! I know that there were some critical posts initially, but I really am pleased with it. The glass plate and shower curtain are pretty dumb, but what can you do. Also when standing in the shower, the ceiling is low. I am 5'4" and I felt like the ceiling was just over my head. Other than those minor complaints, it is awesome! I personally love having the cabin separated in to two rooms. My daughter is in the main area on the pull out sofa and I have the bedroom to myself. I think it makes the cabin seem more spacious than having one large room. The balcony is incredible and so nice to be able to see the AquaTheater action and then walk around to just ocean views. The balcony furniture is crappy and I hope they upgrade that soon, but it is a minor complaint. Anyone who has this cabin booked is in for a treat IMHO!

In 11330 right now. Love, love, love this cabin! I know that there were some critical posts initially, but I really am pleased with it. The glass plate and shower curtain are pretty dumb, but what can you do. Also when standing in the shower, the ceiling is low. I am 5'4" and I felt like the ceiling was just over my head. Other than those minor complaints, it is awesome! I personally love having the cabin separated in to two rooms. My daughter is in the main area on the pull out sofa and I have the bedroom to myself. I think it makes the cabin seem more spacious than having one large room. The balcony is incredible and so nice to be able to see the AquaTheater action and then walk around to just ocean views. The balcony furniture is crappy and I hope they upgrade that soon, but it is a minor complaint. Anyone who has this cabin booked is in for a treat IMHO!

It's great to hear you are so pleased with the cabin. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Sounds great !! Maybe they will have a proper shower door and patio furniture when we sail in that suite August 22. Thanks, any pics ? Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

We have this in September. Can't wait. If you get a chance ask the Concierge or Hotel Director about the furniture. Also make sure you put it in the comment card. Many times people note issues on CC that Royal has not been informed of.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I saw some critical posts as well, but have seen quite a few that were very positive.

Has it been distracting at all to have the top of the rock climbing wall just a few feet from your balcony? I read some other posts about the bell being annoying, and was just curious what your take on this has been.

Thanks again!

Sounds great !! Maybe they will have a proper shower door and patio furniture when we sail in that suite August 22. Thanks, any pics ? Gerry

I am not sure how to post pics, but if I have some down time later to figure it out, I will.

We have this in September. Can't wait. If you get a chance ask the Concierge or Hotel Director about the furniture. Also make sure you put it in the comment card. Many times people note issues on CC that Royal has not been informed of.

I will definitely do that.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I saw some critical posts as well, but have seen quite a few that were very positive.

Has it been distracting at all to have the top of the rock climbing wall just a few feet from your balcony? I read some other posts about the bell being annoying, and was just curious what your take on this has been.

Thanks again!

The bell does ring a lot....but it hasn't bothered me personally. However, if you are trying to nap or relax with the balcony door open, I could see that it might be annoying. Not sure if I can hear it with the door closed. I will try it out later.