Please help

I am on my way to tampa. I sail out saturday and my rccl visa was just hacked. I am on phone with boa right now. My question is that is the card that i have registered on my set sail pass. Will they be able to change that when I check in?

If you remember, when you filled out the information for your Set Sail Pass, all that they asked for was the last four digits of your card number. So technically, they don't even have a card registered, they just have the last four digits. When you get to the pier, they will ask for the card that you will use to cover your on board expenses.

Why will you lose you cruise money and were you traveling with another CC?

Kind of odd that your RCCL card was hacked as you were on your way to a RCCL cruise. How did you know?

Enjoy that drink! :)

Edited by Iamthesea

Ours has been hacked 4 times. BOA had always been good to work with but is a bad way to start your vacation. Sorry about the loss of the double points, but better than having it canceled while on the cruise and not knowing.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

You actually are not able to cruise. You have to change the name of the passengers on your reservation to TWINDADDY and TWINWIFE and email me all your documents.

Kidding of course, have a great time! Just hand them a new card when you check in, all is well.

Enjoy your cruise!

You actually are not able to cruise. You have to change the name of the passengers on your reservation to TWINDADDY and TWINWIFE and email me all your documents.

Kidding of course, have a great time! Just hand them a new card when you check in, all is well.

Enjoy your cruise!

Bad. Just bad. You are bad. Karma is coming your way.

When are we cruising together! ;)

They should have been able to cancel the hacked card, and issue you an new one, which if you push them, they WILL overnight to you...if necessary they can overnight it someplace ELSE but you'd have to spend a longer time on the phone.

They want your money, they'll help you....been there, done that, got the tee shirt more times than I care to remember.....

How did you come to find out it was hacked?

In any event, we always travel with at least 4 DIFFERENT cards. Two with her, two with me.

I have the boa app and have set alerts to tell me when theres a charge. I only use this card when cruising so i was shocked when i received an alert.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha good try but ....no.

Why will you lose you cruise money and were you traveling with another CC?

Kind of odd that your RCCL card was hacked as you were on your way to a RCCL cruise. How did you know?

Enjoy that drink! :)

Missing out on double points but oh well.

I have the boa app and have set alerts to tell me when theres a charge. I only use this card when cruising so i was shocked when i received an alert.

You didn't happen to book your cruise with this TA, did you? Several had their cards compromised because of a HACK at the company.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2169453&highlight=cruiseplanners

Mine was hacked last week, got call from Visa and was able to get card shut down. New card was overnighted (but actually not overnight because of the weather), accurate charges were transferred to new card, disputed charge is still sitting there, but says "disputed". Points were also transferred. Someone named Julie filed a claim for a lost or damaged smart phone in Miami. Someone also placed a small charge at Newportmotel and that charge dropped off. I have used Cruise Planners, but it has been a couple years - had already decided not to use them again for other reasons, now I have another one and glad that credit card is deleted out of their system.

If BOA cancels your account and issues you a new card, all of the points from the old account will be transferred over to the new account. You will not lose any of your accumulated points. If points haven't shown up by your second statement, call BOA and get it resolved. If they can transfer any account balance that you may have over to the new account, they can transfer the points also. BOA has had to issue me a new card twice and neither time did I lose points.