New bar menu

GUEST080219

Sorry if it is already posted but I am on the spirit at the moment and can't check all threads. Here are two pictures of the new bar menu that according to the staff is the only menu and used in all bars inside and outside. So better remember the old drink names that are missing from it so that you can order them again.

287494b316193c32b51656390afe8366.jpg

32e2d40fc1259769fa1ce8b488e8617b.jpg

Another tip for those cruising soon. They changed some of the ingredients as well for example the sea breeze is now done with grey goose as a default and $9 something. But you might still get it with voli and billed as the new version.

It looks to me like the post from the Gem last week may have had some truth to it then. Looks like a lot less options are on the menu, and if the bar staff were just working from that menu then there would have been a lot of people who couldn't get the drinks they want.

It looks to me like the post from the Gem last week may have had some truth to it then. Looks like a lot less options are on the menu, and if the bar staff were just working from that menu then there would have been a lot of people who couldn't get the drinks they want.

That is what I thought as well. But it is all about attitude. Just tell your bar staff what you would like and they are able to do a lot. I heard from one source that when you order above $11 spirits the $11 UBP limit gets deducted and you pay only the difference. But that is not confirmed yet.

Particularly if people (perhaps including some members of the bar staff) were unaware of the UBP limit being raised from $10 to $11.

They wouldn't have all of the brands listed on the inside, if those 10 drinks were the only ones they're able to make, surely.

I don't remember anybody saying (edit: in this thread) that those drinks would be "the only ones they're able to make" - that would be a suicide to any bar. If they truly stock every liquor on that list in every bar, I find this change an improvement.

Edited by Demonyte

They wouldn't have all of the brands listed on the inside, if those 10 drinks were the only ones they're able to make, surely.

No, but I can see the potential for confusion (whether by the barstaff or the customer, or even both) which could have caused the post that was made last week.

I think the poster from Saturday saw this menu and combined with the new drink prices, raising of the UBP limit, and possibly a change in the bartenders computer system created a lot of confusion. Hopefully it's all sorted out now. Seems to me those drinks listed are just an quick list of popular concoctions and pricing.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have been waiting for this. This will be our first NCL cruise and I am not too happy with this change. We have the UBP and paid close to $900.00 only to see most of the drinks I like taken off the menu. Has anyone had any problems getting things from the old menus? My after dinner Espresso Martini is a must. LOL. :D

I wonder if there will be any additional menus available for places like the martini bar. Six specialty martinis does not seem like many for a martini bar.

I agree. And the daily specials. micm could you please post any others you can find? We would so appreciate it.

I wonder if there will be any additional menus available for places like the martini bar. Six specialty martinis does not seem like many for a martini bar.

I know. I get that it's a full bar and that they have the ingredients to make anything you want, but I liked having some options, especially at the martini bar. Now I'm going to have to bring a list of cocktails, because I won't be able to remember them all. This is just inconvenient.

98 Days til Dawn!

I agree. And the daily specials. micm could you please post any others you can find? We would so appreciate it.

I absolutely will as soon as I am in European ports. Just checked Henry's pub and they have the same menu already posted.

I ordered a lot of poolside drinks from the old

Menu and got them. So that is no problem but I needed the help of gambees list for that. So other cruisers might be screwed.

It sounds to me like this is a temporary quick-fix while they get the specific bar menus redone and reprinted. The martini bar on the Spirit had 9 martini libations on the menu, so this new menu still has most of them. It is missing the Rum Cake, the Watermelon Pinch, and the Lavender Patch.

I know. I get that it's a full bar and that they have the ingredients to make anything you want, but I liked having some options, especially at the martini bar. Now I'm going to have to bring a list of cocktails, because I won't be able to remember them all. This is just inconvenient.

98 Days til Dawn!

Maybe we can download the old menu onto our phones?