New bar menu

GUEST080219

I can't seem to find anything in the current promos terms and conditions regarding a change from $10 to $11 for drinks in the UBP. When you click on the promo box on the NCL homepage and scroll to the bottom it has a link to the promos terms and conditions. They updated the gratuities from 15% to 18% and changed all the dates however it still states the drink max as $10. Am I missing something?
I think that is an oversight in the current promo's T&C and the new limit of $11 applies for anyone cruising with the free UBP from now on. And I assume/hope that people who booked under the previous versions of the FC promo should also get the new UBP with the $11 limit, no matter what the T&C said. I just think it would be too complicated for them to keep track of two different versions of the UBP on the same ship.

This should be easy enough to confirm, because there are people cruising right now who got the UBP for free by booking with the FC promo back in December/January, and people on the same ship who bought the UBP upon boarding, after March 1. If they are enforcing two different sets of rules for these two groups of passengers, I'll eat my hat.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I can't seem to find anything in the current promos terms and conditions regarding a change from $10 to $11 for drinks in the UBP. When you click on the promo box on the NCL homepage and scroll to the bottom it has a link to the promos terms and conditions. They updated the gratuities from 15% to 18% and changed all the dates however it still states the drink max as $10. Am I missing something?

I just went to where I booked the UBP and that still says 10. But if you click on the terms and conditions it says 11 there.

I hear ya. This is what we drink by the pool everyday. At least 2 or 3. :D

I'd think it would be included in the UBP if the liquor used wasn't Ultra Premium, right? I too love a margarita, as well as a good tequila sunrise :D

This looks like a simple business decision on behalf of ncl. They are offering a lot of free drinks (or drinks included in the fare)via the ubp specials. Using a streamlined menu will allow them to maximize the profit margin because certain liquor and beverages can be planned for in bulk and/or special pre-negotiated price for ncl (and possibly discounted ) I wouldn't be surprised if all drinks are available but it makes sense for ncl to steer ppl towards the alcohol they are getting a deal on or can plan for.

I prefer ncl to do this vice watering down the drinks, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by missintuitive

I hope everyone who called the person on the Gem who reported this last week a Troll goes and apologises! :)

I really do hope they add an extra cocktail menu once all the new pricing is sorted. It's all well and good saying they will make what you like, but I wouldn't know what to order and cant remember what drinks I liked without seeing a list to choose from - apart from the Rum Runner, I always order that on NCL when I couldn't see a menu within a few meters of my table :D

OP - Thanks for taking time out of your holiday to post this! Have a lovely time!

I know. I get that it's a full bar and that they have the ingredients to make anything you want, but I liked having some options, especially at the martini bar. Now I'm going to have to bring a list of cocktails, because I won't be able to remember them all. This is just inconvenient.

98 Days til Dawn!

I have seen this menu before.:confused:. Hasn't anyone else? Pretty sure it was the Epic and it may have been on the POA as well. I know I complained about it at the time, but I just assumed it was the drink menu for all ships. I know it really affected the amount of drinks I ordered on that cruise, (since I can never remember drinks) and since I did not have the UBP it was a revenue loss for the ship. The Martinis are the exact same ones they did on the "tasting" and they are nasty, IMO. I could spend $100s in the Martini Bar with a good menu like they used to have back in 2010 and 11. Perhaps these are the drinks they feel they can offer for the least amount of cost to the ship. It also allows them to have bartenders who are not as highly trained.

I bet a million dollars that if you order a margarita, you can have one. I also bet that if you order a strawberry daquiri you can have one. Like I said in the other thread, NCL is not trying to put themselves out of business. You were always able to order things previously that were not on the menu. There is absolutely no reason to think that has changed. Have you ever been to a bar in your entire life where the only drinks you could order were those that appeared on drink menus? Maybe a beer list, but otherwise, it just doesn't work that way.

My guess is they are still printing the menus for the different bars. Hopefully by the time I get on Epic on 3/22 they have a few more specialty menus available.

The liquor list is pretty weak. Can anyone confirm whether they have Jim Beam or Makers Mark? We are bourbon drinkers and the whiskies on this list are pretty limited. Jim Beam is a pretty mainstream brand so I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

My guess is they are still printing the menus for the different bars. Hopefully by the time I get on Epic on 3/22 they have a few more specialty menus available.

The liquor list is pretty weak. Can anyone confirm whether they have Jim Beam or Makers Mark? We are bourbon drinkers and the whiskies on this list are pretty limited. Jim Beam is a pretty mainstream brand so I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

I also don't see my DH's favorites of "Knobb Creek" and "Black Velvet"... both usually available at any chain restaurant so can't imagine they wouldn't be available

I hope you are right. At least the last couple cruises I have been on had this same watered down menu in ALL the bars, except for the Mojito Bar. Where you would expect to see a list of whiskey based drinks in Maltings, you found the same generic list, and nothing specifically for Maltings. The Martini bar had only these same 5 or 6 martinis, down from a previous 20 or so on past cruises. Aside from the Mojito Bar, which had a list of very imaginative and excellent Mojito drinks, every other bar had this same generic list of drinks. I think this is an "out of sight, out of mind" method of curtailing their costs in light of the UBP.

I bet a million dollars that if you order a margarita, you can have one. I also bet that if you order a strawberry daquiri you can have one. Like I said in the other thread, NCL is not trying to put themselves out of business. You were always able to order things previously that were not on the menu. There is absolutely no reason to think that has changed. Have you ever been to a bar in your entire life where the only drinks you could order were those that appeared on drink menus? Maybe a beer list, but otherwise, it just doesn't work that way.

We get that. It's the convenience factor of having a menu listing things out, fun drinks to try.

I hope you are right. At least the last couple cruises I have been on had this same watered down menu in ALL the bars, except for the Mojito Bar. Where you would expect to see a list of whiskey based drinks in Maltings, you found the same generic list, and nothing specifically for Maltings. The Martini bar had only these same 5 or 6 martinis, down from a previous 20 or so on past cruises. Aside from the Mojito Bar, which had a list of very imaginative and excellent Mojito drinks, every other bar had this same generic list of drinks. I think this is an "out of sight, out of mind" method of curtailing their costs in light of the UBP.

If you don't mind me asking... which cruises had these menus? Was it recent or spread out over the last year +/-?

I don't really need a drink menu to decide what to order. When I go to a restaurant or bar at home they usually only have a small menu of drinks but I can still order anything I want the bartender to make. I will do the same on the ship. I just hope they have a few more liquor brands than just what's on this list.

I don't really need a drink menu to decide what to order. When I go to a restaurant or bar at home they usually only have a small menu of drinks but I can still order anything I want the bartender to make. I will do the same on the ship. I just hope they have a few more liquor brands than just what's on this list.

It's just a matter of personal preference. I enjoy trying new drinks so the menu makes that easier for me. My favorite thing to do is sit up in the Star Bar on the Dawn and make my way though the drink list over the course of the week.

It's just a matter of personal preference. I enjoy trying new drinks so the menu makes that easier for me. My favorite thing to do is sit up in the Star Bar on the Dawn and make my way though the drink list over the course of the week.

It doesn't always take the full week ;)

I hope everyone who called the person on the Gem who reported this last week a Troll goes and apologises! :)

!

Exactly! I concur, lol! What was funny to me was that he was labeled for being a troll bc he was reporting what no one wanted to hear and it was supposedly substantiated bc he was on the boards for about 5 years with a limited amount of posts.

I only come here when I have a cruise with a deposit paid plus I also sail DCL whose passengers typically use a whole different board. I may be away for a while but I may be on another board or planning a land vaykay. Believe it or not there is more than cruising out there, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by missintuitive

But that person on Gem also said the drinks on the menu were the only drinks that were included under the UBP which isn't correct. You can still order any drink you want as long as it's under $11. So if you have an old menu go ahead and order something off it. I'm sure they can still make it for you.

Exactly.

I always intend to try something new when I sit down but my mind just goes blank and I end up with the same standbys.