Port Everglades Disembarkation

Good evening,

We are sailing on the May 9th Western Itinerary on Oasis. We have a flight booked at 10:45 out of FLL to ATL on May 16th. We plan to do everything in our power (self disembarkation/in the lobby at 0615) to be one of the first few people off the ship. We were planning to jump in the first cab we see once out of the terminal.

As anyone booked a flight this early, leaving the Oasis/Allure? What was your experience?

Any thoughts/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Good evening,

We are sailing on the May 9th Western Itinerary on Oasis. We have a flight booked at 10:45 out of FLL to ATL on May 16th. We plan to do everything in our power (self disembarkation/in the lobby at 0615) to be one of the first few people off the ship. We were planning to jump in the first cab we see once out of the terminal.

As anyone booked a flight this early, leaving the Oasis/Allure? What was your experience?

Any thoughts/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Last March we easily made a 9:45 flight. We did self disembarkation after eating breakfast and getting in line to get off a little before 7 AM. We were at the airport by 8 AM. I would not stress over making that flight.

As long as you get off the ship early you should have no problems.

We didn't have a flight to catch so we hung around and were one of the last ones off the ship. We ended up waiting for about 45 minutes just to get to the luggage pick up area. Then we waited another 45 minutes in the customs line. Next time we will get off earlier and beat the rush!

Last March we easily made a 9:45 flight. We did self disembarkation after eating breakfast and getting in line to get off a little before 7 AM. We were at the airport by 8 AM. I would not stress over making that flight.

Welcome back. We saved some snow for you. :D

I am currently sitting in the FLL airport for that flight to ATL at 10:45. We were in the gate area by 7:30. Now we have a long wait for our flight. We got off the ship at about 6:15, not the first people, but early. Lines were moving fast through customs and taxis were waiting.

Got bags checked in and through security easily. I would not hesitate to do this flight again.

By the way, FLL has free WiFi!

I will also say you shouldn't have any problem. I made a flight to Canada that was leaving about that time with only a bit of stress (agents at AC counter) - and I didn't do self-embark - so you should be totally fine. The pier Allure/Oasis use is the best to checkin / debark from it's always been super easy-peasy for me. Enjoy your cruise!

And to those comments about the weather -- grrrrrrrrrr. Still have mountains of snow here and it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.:)