Princess Survey

Shogun

Hi All

Got a Princess survey by e mail today,

Asked about onboard experience , food etc don't worry did not ask for Haggis to be on the menu

yours Shogun

then spotted the small print

No correspondence will be entered into. A Princess Cruises staff member will contact you via email in the first instance to acquire agreement from you to feature your testimonial in future marketing communications, whether in advertisements or other promotional and/or marketing material. If you agree, a testimonial consent form will be posted/emailed to you for formal agreement and a signature will be required and the form to be emailed/posted back to Princess Cruises.

We got one of those and I'm pretty sure they won't be using my comments as a testimonial. The situation that arose with the cabin steward going through our drawers looking for a specific item. I reported the incident and I removed his tips. I'm sure Princess wouldn't want that to get out.

We got one of those and I'm pretty sure they won't be using my comments as a testimonial. The situation that arose with the cabin steward going through our drawers looking for a specific item. I reported the incident and I removed his tips. I'm sure Princess wouldn't want that to get out.

Wow. Just Wow. I take it you must have caught the steward in the act? I would be pretty incensed to find my steward rummaging through my stuff. I might go so far as to try for compensation from Princess as the steward is their employee and I should have a reasonable expectation of protection from such actions.

Sorry, Shogun. Not trying to hijack your thread. I haven't noticed that notice in the emails I've received but, if you did have high praise for Princess, etc. I can see them wanting to use your communication in future mailers, etc. for promotional purposes.

My experience with these computer generated emails is that the company concerned really has little regard for your comments anyway. In replying to the recent email from Princess following our last cruise I suggested that if Princess was really interested in my comments they could write to me at etc etc and I would give them my comments about the cruise. Naturally I have heard nothing since and that was some few weeks ago. I really do not think they are interested. After all they are dealing with mass markets and they fully realise that you can please some, some of the time, but never able to please everyone all of the time.:)

Wow. Just Wow. I take it you must have caught the steward in the act? I would be pretty incensed to find my steward rummaging through my stuff. I might go so far as to try for compensation from Princess as the steward is their employee and I should have a reasonable expectation of protection from such actions.

Sorry, Shogun. Not trying to hijack your thread. I haven't noticed that notice in the emails I've received but, if you did have high praise for Princess, etc. I can see them wanting to use your communication in future mailers, etc. for promotional purposes.

What started it, we were leaving our cabin and our cabin steward was in the next cabin. He came out and started complaining about people throwing away the room service and fruit basket cards. He pulled one out of the garbage and said "see!" Then he said "I found yours in the drawer. I kept wondering where you put them and I finally found them in the drawer!" WTH! We throw inserts from the patter away, we throw all kinds of stuff away that we are not interested in. We put the cards in the drawer and get them out when we decide to use them. We've never had a cabin steward get so riled up over a room service card. I knew that he was in my side of the drawer as my med case was on top of my nightgown, but I found it under my night gown. He was looking for more than cards. I was very disturbed about it, so I talked to the supervisor of his department down in customer service. They kept grilling me if anything was missing. Anything of value was locked away so no, nothing was missing. What he did has always been a no-no.

Also, we requested no turn downs at night, he refused our request and came in anyway. We like to sit on our balcony and enjoy some wine and play cards and not be bugged. He was a cabin steward from hell.

Edited by elliair

My experience with these computer generated emails is that the company concerned really has little regard for your comments anyway. In replying to the recent email from Princess following our last cruise I suggested that if Princess was really interested in my comments they could write to me at etc etc and I would give them my comments about the cruise. Naturally I have heard nothing since and that was some few weeks ago. I really do not think they are interested. After all they are dealing with mass markets and they fully realise that you can please some, some of the time, but never able to please everyone all of the time.:)

After my last cruise I filled out a fairly negative survey. For the first time ever as far as I know at the end of the survey I was asked if I wanted to speak with someone from Princess about the survey. Mainly to see what would happen I indicated yes and put my name and phone number. Then I forgot all about it. About two weeks after I filled out the survey I was surprised to get a call from a Princess customer relations person. She asked me about the survey and was very nice. So I guess if your comments on the survey are bad enough you will hear from them.

What started it, we were leaving our cabin and our cabin steward was in the next cabin. He came out and started complaining about people throwing away the room service and fruit basket cards. He pulled one out of the garbage and said "see!" Then he said "I found yours in the drawer. I kept wondering where you put them and I finally found them in the drawer!" WTH! We throw inserts from the patter away, we throw all kinds of stuff away that we are not interested in. We put the cards in the drawer and get them out when we decide to use them. We've never had a cabin steward get so riled up over a room service card. I knew that he was in my side of the drawer as my med case was on top of my nightgown, but I found it under my night gown. He was looking for more than cards. I was very disturbed about it, so I talked to the supervisor of his department down in customer service. They kept grilling me if anything was missing. Anything of value was locked away so no, nothing was missing. What he did has always been a no-no.

Also, we requested no turn downs at night, he refused our request and came in anyway. We like to sit on our balcony and enjoy some wine and play cards and not be bugged. He was a cabin steward from hell.

This is why I'm glad safes are in the room.

Elliar

I wonder if he was the same steward we had on our last cruise. Which ship were you on?

From the signature, it looks like it might have been the Star Princess to Hawaii in Jan. 2015. We'll be on the Star next week. I'll make sure to leave my room service and fruit basket cards out in plain view.;)

Elliar

I wonder if he was the same steward we had on our last cruise. Which ship were you on?

We were on the Star Princess, aft cabin port side. After I reported him, he pretty much stayed out of my way. I won't give his name here, but it began with an "R". My first stop on our next cruise will be customer service requesting no turn down in the evening. I won't even speak to the cabin steward about it.

From the signature, it looks like it might have been the Star Princess to Hawaii in Jan. 2015. We'll be on the Star next week. I'll make sure to leave my room service and fruit basket cards out in plain view.;)

Just tell the cabin steward not to leave them. We don't like a lot of paper laying around - clutter. If we want room service, we call them and order what we want. It's just a PITA to keep track of every thing. We're on vacation! :D

never mind, asked and answered

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I remember on RCI being given paper surveys mid-cruise to fill in and hand in so they could see how things were in the middle of the cruise, not wait until the end.

Maybe they even resolved problems from these surveys before the cruise was over.

Just tell the cabin steward not to leave them. We don't like a lot of paper laying around - clutter. If we want room service, we call them and order what we want. It's just a PITA to keep track of every thing. We're on vacation! :D

Funny this has come up. We throw out tons of paper every day (sales, art auctions, etc.) but have always left the room service tags and fruit basket stuff to the right of the tray on top of the fridge thinking the steward could reuse them. No matter how many there are, they never take them. They are all there stacked up when we leave. He probably throws them out. I just can't bring myself to do it!