NEW Suite Upgrades....

Lucky you! A lot of people posting on here have been talking about their Freedom/Voyager/Radiance class cruises...

If an Oasis class sailed out of Southampton, I would be on it practically permanently. However, with them taking away the Quantum class and replacing it with 2 old ships next year, it is a disappointment. I can't always travel to the US and the Med itineraries out of Barcelona/Rome on Allure this summer are repetitive and uninteresting... not to mention $$$$.

At least with the Oasis class itineraries out of Florida they are introducing a couple of new ports, which changes up the usual Eastern/Western.

--------------

What are the new ports for Oasis class for eastern/western ? I did not know they were changing. That makes me so happy :)

OMG... I can hardly contain myself... i just got off the phone with RC .... was trying to get some information on our Jan 7, 2017 sailing and I got information that she had just gotten on the NEW "Royal Suite Class" rollout...this is what i found out... it is ONLY for Quantam & Oasis Class Sailings. SNEAK PEAK is today and being announced at the Virtuoso Event in Las Vegas today!

There are 3 classes;

Star class: Royal Loft, Owners Loft, Presidential Family, Grand Loft, Sky Loft, 2 bedroom Aqua Suite.

Skyclass: Aqua theatre suite 1 bedroom, crown loft suite, Owners suite, Royal Family Suite, superior Grand Suite, Grand suite

Sea class: Family connected junior suite, family suite, Jr. Suite, Spa Juniir Suite

The new suite class starts from May 2016 sailings, but again only on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

Anyone already booked in these categories will be in "Royal Suite Class"

SOME of the things that will be included, mores specifics will soon come, are, and depending on which class will be different... gratuities, internet, beverage options, upgraded stateroom features; in stateroom bedroom service, complimentary Royal Genie Service (butler)

So, Im very excited because we are booked in our first suite ever; Aquatheater suite, which is in star class... How lucky can we be :) :) :)! Im so excited!!!!!

THANKS so much for reporting to us! I'm fine with it being on Oasis or Quantum Class Ships. I like my ships in that size.

Thanks for the info!

I like how they did the tiers too. I was sort of afraid that GS would get downgraded a bit because it is kid of the "lowest" full suite category, but it doesn't seem that way. Majority of the time I can handle the cost of a GS, but really wouldn't want to pay anymore. I'm going to guess that the SkyClass will have perks similar to the current perks, with some new additions such as the internet and maybe drinks. The StarClass will have everything. SeaClass probably won't have much, but maybe they'll add some things.

I was also concerned that the GS category would miss out as well. The cost of GS category is as high as I am willing to go because I can only travel during peak (expensive) times. Free Internet and specialty dining would be some of the perks I would vote for. This program sounds exactly like Celebrity's.

Edited by sauvichick

Has anyone noticed how much more expensive the upper tier suites are on Oasis as compared to Allure and Harmony. Mid April 2017. SLS cabin on Oasis is $7,377 PP, Allure is $5,671 PP and Harmony is $6,174 PP.

Plus the 3/4 passenger rates for those cabins are just as odd. Oasis is $1,429, Allure is $1,149 and Harmony is $949.

Those rates do include a D+ balcony discount

Edited by John&LaLa

As well they should, given the usual enormous (to me, anyway) price difference between a JS and standard balcony cabin.:)

FWIW, the spread between D2 and JS is around $800 for two, the spread between JS and GS is closer to $2,000, and the spread between JS and SLS is $12,000. Those are the three cheapest cabins in the new tiers. This is from the example I quoted earlier. April 2017

I hope my math is correct. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Has anyone noticed how much more expensive the upper tier suites are on Oasis as compared to Allure and Harmony. Mid April 2017. SLS cabin on Oasis is $7,377 PP, Allure is $5,671 PP and Harmony is $6,174 PP.

Plus the 3/4 passenger rates for those cabins are just as odd. Oasis is $1,429, Allure is $1,149 and Harmony is $949.

Those rates do include a D+ balcony discount

John, we have done price comparisons a few months ago. We noticed that when Oasis switches to PC from FLL their prices were high, like you stated. When we were pricing our 2017 Mrach break holiday we were able to stay in a SLS on Harmony for thousands less per week than a SLS on Oasis. Usually the newer ship is the one that costs more but in this case Harmony is years newer than Oasis. My belief is RC is making/taking Oasis to Disney pricing rates with the ship's move. If we had stayed 4 days at Disney and then went to PC to sail on Oasis it would have been much more than our cost of 2 weeks on Harmony. The price of Disney is realitive to what you want to send though.;)

If you apples to apples compare it 1 straight week on board Harmony (as well as Allure as we compared both) wins for the price point over Oasis. Factor in not driving the 3 hours from Orlando to FLL it made an easy decision to go direct to Fort Lauderdale. We booked a B2B on the newest ship for less money than our "other options".

I hope the pricing regulates for Oasis as you have a great ship in your backyard.:)

John, we have done price comparisons a few months ago. We noticed that when Oasis switches to PC from FLL their prices were high, like you stated. When we were pricing our 2017 Mrach break holiday we were able to stay in a SLS on Harmony for thousands less per week than a SLS on Oasis. Usually the newer ship is the one that costs more but in this case Harmony is years newer than Oasis. My belief is RC is making/taking Oasis to Disney pricing rates with the ship's move. If we had stayed 4 days at Disney and then went to PC to sail on Oasis it would have been much more than our cost of 2 weeks on Harmony. The price of Disney is realitive to what you want to send though.;)

If you apples to apples compare it 1 straight week on board Harmony (as well as Allure as we compared both) wins for the price point over Oasis. Factor in not driving the 3 hours from Orlando to FLL it made an easy decision to go direct to Fort Lauderdale. We booked a B2B on the newest ship for less money than our "other options".

I hope the pricing regulates for Oasis as you have a great ship in your backyard.:)

Spread is not as bad at my end of the spectrum. ;). I do love me some CK though.

FWIW, the spread between D2 and JS is around $800 for two, the spread between JS and GS is closer to $2,000, and the spread between JS and SLS is $12,000. Those are the three cheapest cabins in the new tiers. This is from the example I quoted earlier. April 2017

I hope my math is correct. ;)

When we did our searching your math is not far off the mark from when be booked. We were able to get some great savings from the the 30-30 sail though. We have spent more and less than your number on the SLS in the past but it depends on the time of year, such as March Break compared to a random sailing in October.

When we did our searching your math is not far off the mark from when be booked. We were able to get some great savings from the the 30-30 sail though. We have spent more and less than your number on the SLS in the past but it depends on the time of year, such as March Break compared to a random sailing in October.

I just chose April to get one the furthest away time wise. The real value for perks was for RFS on Allure. You could get 4 people for about same price as 2 in an OS on Oasis. Both of those cabins qualify for second tier benefits

I do love me some CK though.

MMM, fig and goat cheese app. :)

I just chose April to get one the furthest away time wise. The real value for perks was for RFS on Allure. You could get 4 people for about same price as 2 in an OS on Oasis. Both of those cabins qualify for second tier benefits

I am excited about the program as our favourite room happens to be in the top tier, not to mention the fact that it took months to finally get a hint of what was going to be offered. To me the real "perk" is the room and the fun we have along the way. However, it will be interesting to see what the new perks are when officially launched.

When we booked it was when March of 2017 just opened for booking, so it too was at it furthest time.

Wonder where the Pinnacle level fits into this news.

Who knows for sure. If they are in a suite then there will be no issues, but will they get the top teir perks if they are not? It can be discussed either way, but RC controls the program.

Pinnicles have been loyal cruisers but it is not to say that their are not loyal suite cruisers as well. If extra points are awarded to the price of the cabin it could change the look of C&A membership going forward, but it would take a long time for that change to occur. I am not saying either way is right or wrong, I am just pondering out loud.:)

CK's salted caramel pudding was our favorite dessert ever!!! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me it was the only dessert all week. I think I had it 4 times, but that was because we did Giovani once, MDR once and Sabor once. :D

Edited by John&LaLa

I prefer the serrano wrapped dates. And don't forget those flat breads

I can't wait to try CK!

Just did a price check on Harmony for the transatlantic. JS price is higher than what we paid for our GS. :eek: So glad I grabbed that room before the prices went up.

[emoji1][emoji1] We found out the last day that we could have been going there just for dessert the entire cruise... That will be a top priority our next cruise with a CK! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It comes in its own to go container. :D

I can't wait to try CK!

Just did a price check on Harmony for the transatlantic. JS price is higher than what we paid for our GS. :eek: So glad I grabbed that room before the prices went up.

I looked at that today too. Wish we were in something higher than a JS..

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I looked at that today too. Wish we were in something higher than a JS..

Maybe JS gets to partake, especially if the expensive suites can utilize the specialty venues at No charge. That's a big if though,

Maybe JS gets to partake, especially if the expensive suites can utilize the specialty venues at No charge. That's a big if though,

Yeah...we will see. Will watch for a price drop in the coming weeks. Maybe score a deal. Next year will be the first year DH and I won't be cruising with our adult children. Maybe a chance to splurge...