Onboard Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Now!!! 3/8/2015

I'm currently sailing on the Freedom and I'm thrilled to report that everything is going smoothly with no problems!

We made Coco Cay by 7 AM and left at 2:30 PM this afternoon.

I am no Radio or Robyn, but I will take you along thru the warm waters of the Caribbean!

Stay tuned!

Cheryl

We started our journey in South Carolina. My daughter, Son in Law and 2 grandchildren drove down to Port Canaveral with me. Our home for the night was the Residence Inn at the Port. It was fine and we had a suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Breakfast was typical free hotel fare, but the coffee was decent!

The only thing disappointing was that the shuttle bus wasn't until noon. It all worked out fine as we whisked thru check in and we only had to wait 5 minutes to go directly to our rooms!

I have a mid hump cabin and my family has an inside cabin for four.

More to follow.

Hi Cheryl, hope you're enjoying your cruise! We'll be on the Freedom next time it hits this itinerary in a couple weeks. It sounds like 2:30pm leaving Coco is the norm now after the propulsion issues so we'll know what to expect there.

I've lurked and followed along the last few live reports from Freedom so don't have many questions, but can you find out if drink menus are limited and if drink prices have increased? A few others reported pretty dramatic increases on the Explorer as of March 1st (supposedly to push drink package sales) and am wondering if it's spreading to other ships.

Thanks and looking forward to your updates :)

I'm currently sailing on the Freedom and I'm thrilled to report that everything is going smoothly with no problems!

We made Coco Cay by 7 AM and left at 2:30 PM this afternoon.

I am no Radio or Robyn, but I will take you along thru the warm waters of the Caribbean!

Stay tuned!

Cheryl

What part of South Carolina did you drive from and how long of a trip was it? I am trying to plan my trip from Michigan and coming that way. Thanks.

look forward to your reviews. Im curious what the all aboard time will be in St Thomas. Trying to decide if we have enough time for both Coki and Sapphire on our own,

I assume formal is second and sixth nights.

I won't ask about the food. Everyone has different opinions.

What time are the evening shows. I have 7:30 MTD and wonder if I can make it to the shows.

Have fun..

Thanks for posting Cheryl! Don't forget those adult and kid compasses you were going to try to scan if you can. We too are on the next Eastern trip. I've been reading a lot of posts about huge increases in drink prices like previous posters, so any updates would be appreciated. Do you remember what time the welcome aboard show was last night? Also, is the captains welcome aboard reception still in the promenade tonight or do they do it before the show now?

Have a great cruise!

Some of our cruise critic group got together Saturday evening for dinner at Grills. Their staff are friendly and kind.

Of course with a 3 and 4 year old we were up very early and they were excited to see the ship from our window!

Day 1 on board we did a cruise critic meet up with Mardi Gras beads at the sky bar.

We have "My family time dining" at 5:30 PM. We are at table 250 in a back corner by the window. The grands enjoyed sitting inside the round window sill!

Dinner was good. It was Mojo night. I had the pork chop, Heather had salmon and Paul had steak. Luck was with us and there was Escargot available for an appetizer!!

I ended my evening in the R bar with my diamond vouchers drinking Baileys.

I'll be back!

Cheryl

Thank you for doing this review! I'm excited to hear about your trip!!!

My husband and I are first-time cruisers doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Freedom in July for our 10 year anniversary. I've been trying to find recent Cruise Compasses of this trip but haven't found any. If you have time, would you please post your compasses? (Even if it's not until you get home?)

Thank you! Have fun!!!!

Escargot was on the menu every night and the best I've had on a ship. They have a disclaimer on the menu supply's are limited.

LeCricket if you want to email me as soon as I can finish unpacking I can go through the compasses for movies we just got home at midnight last night and up for work at 5am. Digging through laundry right now and I'm dragging. It's my user name @aol.com. I can't scan but I can check them for you.

Escargot was on the menu every night and the best I've had on a ship. They have a disclaimer on the menu supply's are limited.

LeCricket if you want to email me as soon as I can finish unpacking I can go through the compasses for movies we just got home at midnight last night and up for work at 5am. Digging through laundry right now and I'm dragging. It's my user name @aol.com. I can't scan but I can check them for you.

You rock. :) Thanks.

I am on the FOS 29th March. I am travelling from the uk with wife and two children.

I am looking at purchasing the ultimate drinks packages for myself and my wife and the soda packages for the kids.

I was wondering if you have any idea how much the drinks packages are to buy onboard and if they add any gratuity to them on purchase.

For Ultimate Package The UK RCCI website is charging £42.19 per day or ($63.51 at todays rate plus an additional 18% gratuity on top of that)

I just wondered if it would be cheaper to wait till we boarded the ship and purchase then.

Any info would be amazing. Enjoy the cruise

I'm brand new to this forum!

Is anyone out there going to be on the Freedom April 5th sailing?

I'm fairly new here too, but I will be on the April 5 sailing. Check out the Roll call to see who else from this site is on that week.