Onboard Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Now!!! 3/8/2015

Hi Cheryl, hope you're enjoying your cruise! We'll be on the Freedom next time it hits this itinerary in a couple weeks. It sounds like 2:30pm leaving Coco is the norm now after the propulsion issues so we'll know what to expect there.

I've lurked and followed along the last few live reports from Freedom so don't have many questions, but can you find out if drink menus are limited and if drink prices have increased? A few others reported pretty dramatic increases on the Explorer as of March 1st (supposedly to push drink package sales) and am wondering if it's spreading to other ships.

Thanks and looking forward to your updates :)

They are definitely pushing drink packages!

We were on Freedom last week and I can confirm that it was really rocking !!! It was our 9th cruise and I have never felt a ship move that much ( we've been twice on Liberty and twice on Freedom). During the night especially ... We were not sick though

We were on last week too, and I agree about the rocking and rolling, especially the last night. The hangers banging in the closet woke me up a couple times. It was kind of funny, the first night I was really having trouble keeping my wheelchair going in a straight line, and I hadn't even been drinking. Freedom really likes to shimmy and shake.

Hi. Can anyone tell me what the main sbow is onboard. Is it based on any musicals? My children are dancers and are very excited to know.

Thx in advance

I believe the main production show is called Marquee.

Hi. Can anyone tell me what the main sbow is onboard. Is it based on any musicals? My children are dancers and are very excited to know.

Thx in advance

The main show was Marquee and I was not impressed! The were about 5 show tunes and that was it.

We arrived in St Thomson this morning to bright skies and sunshine. Currently Celebrity Summit is docked next to us, blocking my view!

More later.

Cheryl

You guys have me kinda nervous about the rocking and rolling on the Freedom, I leave on the 22nd with my daughter on a Spring Break cruise. I'm not worried I'll feel sick but I do have a phobia of others getting sick so I think I'll definitely stock up on Bonine and stuff to help us sleep. We are low on the ship which usually helps me not feel it too much.

You guys have me kinda nervous about the rocking and rolling on the Freedom, I leave on the 22nd with my daughter on a Spring Break cruise. I'm not worried I'll feel sick but I do have a phobia of others getting sick so I think I'll definitely stock up on Bonine and stuff to help us sleep. We are low on the ship which usually helps me not feel it too much.

IMO, your milage may vary but I believe Feb and March are transitional months weather wise. I've been on several ships in April/May time and its usually pretty calm. Your somewhere in the middle, but spring break cruises seem to be calmer.

IMO, your milage may vary but I believe Feb and March are transitional months weather wise. I've been on several ships in April/May time and its usually pretty calm. Your somewhere in the middle, but spring break cruises seem to be calmer.

I certainly agree with that assessment, Feb/Mar and Oct/Nov.

Hello! Sounds like your trip is going great other than a little active seas and a shortened day at St. Thomas. I have a question about internet prices and cell phone usage. Would you mind posting some information about prices and availability? I haven't found this information anywhere - could be I am just looking in the wrong places! I am leaving a high schooler back home in school and a daughter who be on a spring break cruise trip out of Galveston the week we are on this cruise (March 22) and would like to have a way to be in touch!

Thanks and am enjoying reading this thread!

On the Freedom last week. Ship had some rockin' and rollin' a few days - we love it -- it makes higher waves at the front of the ship while it's pushing through the water. So cool! (we are 66 and 69 years old folks) We are not drinkers, but the one drink I had floored me when I got the bill! $14.95. Ridiculous and so not worth it. The food has been so-so for quite awhile now as far as I'm concerned. I gave up on having a great meal on a cruise ship - I just eat whatever. I've seen all the shows way too many times to care, but the Once Upon a Time show isn't too bad. The ice shows are amazing, but again, been there done that, so I don't go anymore. I'll be back on the Freedom in mid-April, just because I live in Fl and I like to get away when the snow birds and spring breakers are down here. I like the Freedom best of all the ships (haven't been on Quantum nor Anthem, and don't want to!). What I like best about cruising is being on the water, walking along Deck 4 and watching the waves crash against the ship. And I love being rocked to sleep! So, as you see, the rockin and rollin don't bother me - I prefer them :)

Edited by GonnaSailtoo

Hello! Sounds like your trip is going great other than a little active seas and a shortened day at St. Thomas. I have a question about internet prices and cell phone usage. Would you mind posting some information about prices and availability? I haven't found this information anywhere - could be I am just looking in the wrong places! I am leaving a high schooler back home in school and a daughter who be on a spring break cruise trip out of Galveston the week we are on this cruise (March 22) and would like to have a way to be in touch!

Thanks and am enjoying reading this thread!

We were on March 1 sailing Western. I paid $140 for 2 devices unlimited. 1 device unlimited was $105. There was a C&A discount.

Can you please confirm whether or not balcony loungers in suites have had their cushions replaced? On Robyn's sailing there were none to be found. We're sailing in a GS on the 22nd and I have big plans for lots of afternoon naps on our balcony. Napping on a hard plastic lounger is not going to make me very happy so hopefully you'll have some good news for me :)

Sorry I haven't been very good at reporting. I've been having fun with my grandchildren.

Getting into St Thomas so late was a problem in my opinion, but the captain has no control over Mother Nature! With probably 3500 Passengers all trying to get off the ship and thru the turnstile at once it was chaotic. Fortunately we got a taxi right away. Unfortunately, we still didn't make it downtown fast enough for AHRiise to deliver or alcohol back to the ship. That really made me mad especially when one guy old me I should have gotten there earlier!!!

Of course there was a visit to James at Ballarina Jewelers And purchases!!!

Then it was back on board to get ready for dinner.

Cheryl

There are only 300 kids on board this cruise, the little ones entertained us with a talent show this morning, it was very cute!

Next week there are over 1000 kids on board!

It's very overcast today and the pools are much more empty.

Escargot was plentiful, but shrimp cocktail was no longer on the menus. My daughter asked for it one night and our waiter said it was not on the menu. So I said for years my friends had it every night just for the asking. He just shrugged and walked away. I asked our head waiter Randy who was wonderful and a shrimp cocktail appeared!! Our waiter was Qwesi and he was, I'm sorry to say not at all good. He mumbled and did as little as possible. If he saw we hadn't eaten our meal, he'd just say are you done. If we said we didn't like it, hed say, OK. He never asked if we'd like something else. Our Assistant, Dennis was no better. If it weren't for Randi, I don't know what we'd have done! He asked Maddy and Sammy what their favorite food was and 3 year old Sammy said Calamari!! Every night there was a plate of it waiting for him!!

I have been unable to post all day, so let's see if I can this evening.

Cheryl

I talked my dd and her family into taking a RCI cruise because they were so much nicer than Carnival that they had been on. Now I have to tell her that drink prices are through the roof and if they plan to have several drinks a day then get a drink package and now one of my favorite things having a shrimp cocktail every evening is gone too. And so sorry Cheryl that you are not having good service. I'm not even telling her that!!

Just got home from this cruise. The rolling of the ship was pretty annoying. I had a patch, so no seasickness. But still didn't like all the movement. My theory is (although I didn't speak to anyone) is that the center pod is still out and the stabilizers were not being used due to the increase in drag. I think we would not have been late to St. Thomas if all 3 pods were working regardless of the weather.

Dinning room service was excellent. Enjoyed Sabor as well. However, room attendant was only borderline friendly and forgot things like replacing the towels that he took and we only got towel animals a few times (new wife was disappointed when we didn't get animals). Hate to compare, but we got towel animals every day with Carnival (and hardly felt the ship move).

Went to all the shows. They were excellent and our favorite part of the whole cruise.

Just got home from this cruise. The rolling of the ship was pretty annoying. I had a patch, so no seasickness. But still didn't like all the movement. My theory is (although I didn't speak to anyone) is that the center pod is still out and the stabilizers were not being used due to the increase in drag. I think we would not have been late to St. Thomas if all 3 pods were working regardless of the weather.

Dinning room service was excellent. Enjoyed Sabor as well. However, room attendant was only borderline friendly and forgot things like replacing the towels that he took and we only got towel animals a few times (new wife was disappointed when we didn't get animals). Hate to compare, but we got towel animals every day with Carnival (and hardly felt the ship move).

Went to all the shows. They were excellent and our favorite part of the whole cruise.

With all due respect, if you don't like the movement of the ship, you'd be better off staying on land. Ships move.

Just got home from this cruise. Ship did roll and shutter from over 45mph head winds down to St. Thomas. I too think the fixipod is not yet running as I looked at all speeds and saw only two distinct prop washes.

Service and crew attitude was excellent as was the shrimp cocktail every dinner.

It would be awesome if someone who is recently off this voyage could post the cruise compasses.

Also, with all the talk about drink price increases can anyone comment whether Happy Hour specials still exist and if they were listed in the Compasses?