WOW ... prices going up

Think Royal has been hitting the bottle or something

Just did a mock booking to see if my cruise on the SOS for 11 days has gone down.

Instead it has gone up $3000.00 For two people in an oceanview cat F over $5200.00

Splendor or Serenade? Oh. Possibly Serenade for the 11 night cruises. No, they haven't come down. Southern Caribbean cruises out of FLL are very popular. :D In fact, I think the balconies went up higher than the (now sold out) junior suites were.

Edited by Coralc

Just did a mock booking to see if my cruise on the SOS for 11 days has gone down.

Instead it has gone up $3000.00 For two people in an oceanview cat F over $5200.00

Yup. My 14 night Serenade cruise (Canada/NE) has gone from $1,239pp for an E1 to $2,541pp. That's actually a drop from the high of $3,339pp :eek:

I'm so glad I booked when I did, about a year ago, not too long after the cruise opened for booking. I'd never book a cruise at today's prices.

Appears to be the longer southern Caribbean sailings on ships like Serenade that are extremely popular and therefore expensive. We paid $3500 for the 2 of us when we booked 12 months ago for our Feb 2016 sailing for an aft balcony. Friends tried to book this past weekend for the same sailing, so 11 months out and they were quoted $6500 approximately for an E1 balcony. Add that to flights from the UK and they were quoted $10,000. No way are they joining us.

I agree prices are outrageous.....

But then I start to think about all that goes into the pricing of a cruise. The economy is picking up steam. People are starting to feel more comfortable with their financial future. Many people buckled down and paid off a lot of debt during the recession. Many others could afford to vacation at all much less take a cruise, which caused the cruise lines to offer fantastic rates to fill their ships. Now that things have started to turn around many people have started to look to a much needed vacation. Which drives up prices. We all loved the cruise prices of a few years ago, but with the improvement in the conditions I have a feeling the current pricing structure is the new normal.

You are right prices are at a place that i am not willing to pay.I will hold off booking my Balcony room for this year.As long as people are willing to pay any price,why should they lower the price's.I think they expect us to pay the price for quantum and her two sisters.Three ships i never plan on sailing.My opinion,have a great next cruise even if it is not with royal. :)

I agree prices are outrageous.....

But then I start to think about all that goes into the pricing of a cruise. The economy is picking up steam. People are starting to feel more comfortable with their financial future. Many people buckled down and paid off a lot of debt during the recession. Many others could afford to vacation at all much less take a cruise, which caused the cruise lines to offer fantastic rates to fill their ships. Now that things have started to turn around many people have started to look to a much needed vacation. Which drives up prices. We all loved the cruise prices of a few years ago, but with the improvement in the conditions I have a feeling the current pricing structure is the new normal.

I've felt that was the case for a while now.

it will backfire if this becomes the norm with RCI.

The avg Joe will not spend $3000each on a cruise and $10 drinks...that means the avg cruise by the time you add in airfare, hotels excurisons could be close to $10,000 for a cruise?

What WILL happen, is the other cruise lines will be come much busier!!

Really sad...

I booked this only 2 months ago on the AOS for 3 in a ocean view CAT F it was $2300 with OBC $250.00 plus an additional $100.00 from TA

Now same cabin almost $6800.00 with no perks... and only your time dinining

The other cabin same cat for two $5200.00

Really glad I booked when I did.

News here in Florida mentioned that the Oasis is going go Port Carn.

with prices starting at $5000.00

Be cheaper to do an AI

Edited by rjrice1

Havent booked an RCI cruise in a year :(

Keep looking but cant find one that works for me from a date/price perspective ... booked NCL for SB'16.

Hoping Thanksgiving '16 starts with some reasonable prices tomorrow so that I can book early ... if not I will have to develop a fallback option ...

We've made the switch... always cruised RC for the past 12 years or more. Average 3 cruises per year, but at current pricing, RC has lost us.

We chose Norwegian for our last cruise, and it ranked in the top 5 of all cruises - at a Great Rate and included Ultimate Beverage Package (without inflating the price of cruise).

We still love RC, but there are comparable products out there with much better pricing.

- Doc

We've made the switch... always cruised RC for the past 12 years or more. Average 3 cruises per year, but at current pricing, RC has lost us.

We chose Norwegian for our last cruise, and it ranked in the top 5 of all cruises - at a Great Rate and included Ultimate Beverage Package (without inflating the price of cruise).

We still love RC, but there are comparable products out there with much better pricing.

- Doc

We left Royal several years ago and started with Princess and Carnival

Got an awesome deal for Royal out of San Juan (had points for flights)

Booked the 11 days on the ship... but honestly think it will be the last with Royal if the prices keep going up

The way I look at it... it is what you make out of it.

Between Carnival and Royal on the southern out of San Juan they both did excellent in certain things.

Cathy

We left Royal several years ago and started with Princess and Carnival

Got an awesome deal for Royal out of San Juan (had points for flights)

Booked the 11 days on the ship... but honestly think it will be the last with Royal if the prices keep going up

The way I look at it... it is what you make out of it.

Between Carnival and Royal on the southern out of San Juan they both did excellent in certain things.

Cathy

I really don't see prices as outrageous. Plenty of affordable sailings. Looking at E3 balcony for 950 PP before balcony discount. Plus I can get free grats as well. Nov 2015 sailing. Sure, holidays are expensive, but what's new.

Everyone is asking why the prices are going up and losing some of the perks, yes they are making a lot more money by doing this. But what does it say when the ceo/coo is trading in millions of dollars in stock

Hi we are on explorer in June from Southampton. We booked whilst on Indy last May. Our JS cabin for 4 adults was £5900. When they had their all inclusive promotion it increased to a high of £8500. This week in the supposed spring sale it is £7900. I would not pay these prices. X

Have to say, I have been watching Princess also and their prices are high too. In Jan 16 an OV on a 4 night cruise is $579. That is nuts!

So not just Royal. Luckily, we can wait until the last minute to book short cruises and hopefully we can find some good deals doing that with Royal/Celebrity/Princess