Just off Adventure, open to answer questions

We board her on the 22nd, in less than one week. I see Giovanni's Table on deck 11 (where Portofino was), but I do not see Chops across the way or anywhere on the deck plans. Is Chops gone, and, if so, do you know if the D+ discount for first-night sailings is now in Giovanni's?

I'd also like to know if you had to get the ice show tickets in advance or just show up? I know I can't book it on line, but trying to figure out if I need to get tickets ahead or jsut go. Recent compasses do not mention anything about tickets at all!

Glad you all had a good time! Thanks!

We board her on the 22nd, in less than one week. I see Giovanni's Table on deck 11 (where Portofino was), but I do not see Chops across the way or anywhere on the deck plans. Is Chops gone, and, if so, do you know if the D+ discount for first-night sailings is now in Giovanni's?

Chops has never been on the AOS - Giovanni's is the on specialty restaurant (except Johnny Rockets)..............and yes they do the BOGO on the first night. They also host the Murder Mystery party - we went the week of 3/1 and had a fun time.

I'd also like to know if you had to get the ice show tickets in advance or just show up? I know I can't book it on line, but trying to figure out if I need to get tickets ahead or jsut go. Recent compasses do not mention anything about tickets at all!

Glad you all had a good time! Thanks!

The last few times we've been aboard, it was first come first seated.

We board Sunday for this Itinerary. We can't wait!

Please tell us about Curacao snorkel.

We are doing a private snorkel sail on St. Kitts.

We liked cockleshell and Friars beach both last year.

If you could let me know who the Activity Manager is when you are on board, I would appreciate it -- thanks in advance.

Have a GREAT cruise.

Thanks Bob and FlSun, that will save me a trip to Studio B in day 1 - now what to do until the cabin opens :confused: Maybe sit in the Solarium? Get Ben and Jerrys and people watch on the Royal Promenade - oh the options! :D

Sit at the pub and have a beer.

Nope. All of us had the drink package so we did not look at prices. My brother in law does not really drink, he was paying $14 for frozen drinks when he did have one.

Wowsers $14 drinks ?

What was he drinking ?

I know I read some where drinks are up 40% but wow.

Edited by trev71

I didn't go to the ice show so unfortuantly I can't answer the ticket questions.

Beer selection was ok at some bars. I am a big Sierra Nevada Pale ale drinker. Some bars had it and some did not.

My brother in law's $14 frozen drinks included the 18% gratuity.

We are doing this itinerary May 2016 so very interested in the excursions, is it better to book these on board? Also my husband likes to try out new beers as we don't have the same selection here in England are all beers available on the classic drinks package, thanks in advance

We are sailing on the Adventure in a few days and was wondering if the Cruise line has Shampoo and conditioner in the room.

Showers have had a dispenser of a shampoo/conditioner combo on any cruise we have been on. If you are more fussy, then I suggest, bring your own. For us, it has always been fine.

Edited by Paulette3028

Two questions:

How were the seas on the way down to Barbados? In Jan., they were a bit rough.

What time was sail-away? Was it 5:45pm?

Oops - I meant what time was the boat drill (not sail away. That's at 8:30, I know).

Just got off the Adventure yesterday. Great cruise! Ship was in great shape for a 14 year old ship. Ship never felt crowded, other than the pool on sea days. We hung out mostly in the Solarium rather than the main pool. Had a group of 12. Food in the MDR was very good and our waiters were outstanding. I can also ask questions if needed!

Just got off the Adventure yesterday. Great cruise! Ship was in great shape for a 14 year old ship. Ship never felt crowded, other than the pool on sea days. We hung out mostly in the Solarium rather than the main pool. Had a group of 12. Food in the MDR was very good and our waiters were outstanding. I can also ask questions if needed!

Thanks for your report/update!

We just booked our 3rd cruise on Adventure and obviously love that ship.

If you were going to skip one night in the MDR and go to a specialty restraunt what night would you guys pick ?

I know on the Oasis there was one night where I wish I knew the menu was going to be bad, I would have ate else where