Half Moon Cay

VTcruisenut

just realized that the Eurodam and the Noordam will both be at Half Moon Cay on the 20th. I'm a little disappointed as it is one of my favorite spots and was hoping it wouldn't be crowded. Has anyone else experienced HMC with two HAL ships there? Wondering how it really was..............

There was two ships there on my second week on the NA in November. I didn't even get off the ship. It might be ok if one of the ships was one of the smaller ones but that is not the case. Just be prepared that it will be fairly crowded.

There was two ships there on my second week on the NA in November. I didn't even get off the ship. It might be ok if one of the ships was one of the smaller ones but that is not the case. Just be prepared that it will be fairly crowded.

GoodMorning Cruz chic,

Same thing here. We will be doing what you did. On the 17th we will be the only ship, on the 2nd part there will be another ship, so we will relax on board.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about crowding, I was there in January on Maasdam and also with a Vista-class present. Of course the Vista got the larger tenders, Maasdam using the ship's tenders, but still disembarkation was reasonably quick. The beach was a bit crowded nearest the arrival area but if you were willing to walk a few hundred yards, plenty of room and recliners easy to find. Service for food moved along quite quickly. Enjoy your time there.

We experienced that same thing in Dec. The Noordam arrived 1st and we got off early and found a great spot. By the time the Eurodam arrived and the beach started getting a little crowded, we headed to the bars and the BarBQ. It worked out great and we never felt overly crowded. Have Fun!

I wouldn't be overly concerned about crowding, I was there in January on Maasdam and also with a Vista-class present. Of course the Vista got the larger tenders, Maasdam using the ship's tenders, but still disembarkation was reasonably quick. The beach was a bit crowded nearest the arrival area but if you were willing to walk a few hundred yards, plenty of room and recliners easy to find. Service for food moved along quite quickly. Enjoy your time there.

Yes, but that was a vista and smaller ship so it's different than the OP's situation. There is a vista and a signature.

GoodMorning Cruz chic,

Same thing here. We will be doing what you did. On the 17th we will be the only ship, on the 2nd part there will be another ship, so we will relax on board.

I hope you have a lovely cruise. Right now I'm fighting the urge to book the Noordam for March 20th. I don't want to miss the opportunity to get another job but this is the first time in my life I'm not encumbered by work. If I somehow end up on the Noordam if I went ashore it wouldn't be long. That said, I hate crowds so I'm probably more sensitive than others.

Last month we decided to stay onboard as the weather was a light rain (off and on) plus we had just been there about 3 months before that. We enjoyed the quiet ship and especially the Dive In burgers (much better than what you get on the island).

DaveOKC

I hope you have a lovely cruise. Right now I'm fighting the urge to book the Noordam for March 20th. I don't want to miss the opportunity to get another job but this is the first time in my life I'm not encumbered by work. If I somehow end up on the Noordam if I went ashore it wouldn't be long. That said, I hate crowds so I'm probably more sensitive than others.

Cruz chic, book it!!! We only live once right? I remember your thread about your last job, and I was sooooo sorry to hear. I know you will receive a wonderful job with less stress.

Happy Crusing Cruz Chic!

Denise

Last March we were on the Noordam at HMC at the same time as the Eurodam. The local (and larger) tenders serviced the Eurodam and we used the ship's tenders. We waited a bit prior to going ashore and was able to get lounge chairs without a problem - just walk down the beach some. The lunch was busy, but not much different from our visit last month when we were the only ship.

Cruz chic, book it!!! We only live once right? I remember your thread about your last job, and I was sooooo sorry to hear. I know you will receive a wonderful job with less stress.

Happy Crusing Cruz Chic!

Denise

I want to but my resume is before a very well funded private company for a 3 to 6 month contract. One of my old managers is there and I would be happy to work for for him. I don't want to blow this opportunity but I wish they would let me know one way or the other so I could make a plan to go if they are not going to bite.

My experience in January on the Noordam was like some others. The Noordam arrived first and the large tenders ferried the guests. When the Eurodam arrived, the large tenders started servicing the Eurodam (once she got her anchor set; interesting to watch because she was obviously having problems getting the anchor to hold) and the Noordam used her tenders.

There were lots of people, but there is also alot of space, too. Even at the "I Could Stay Here Forever" Bar, there was a good turnover of customers and I have seen it more crowded at other times.

Enjoy and don't worry!

I want to but my resume is before a very well funded private company for a 3 to 6 month contract. One of my old managers is there and I would be happy to work for for him. I don't want to blow this opportunity but I wish they would let me know one way or the other so I could make a plan to go if they are not going to bite.

Cruz chic,

I so understand your situation.i will be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for both! New job and your next cruise!

Never been to HMC and will enjoy.

Denise

If you walk down the beach a way, it will seem like you are the only person on the island.

I agree, we were there on the NA and the Noordam was there as well. There was a line for the buffet, but it moved quickly, we had to walk farther down the beach to get chairs (but still not as far as the bar). The water wasn't crowded and we ended the day with a trip a swim with the Stingrays.

Cruz chic,

I so understand your situation.i will be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for both! New job and your next cruise!

Never been to HMC and will enjoy.

Denise

It's like everything you can imagine. The turquoise water and white sand. Beautiful. Have a great time.

Thx for your kind wishes.

I will throw one suggestion out for crowded days, assuming the Oasis is not booked. (aka Grand Cabana). If you have a vibrant roll call, get 12 together and book the dam thing. It's fabulous. Lunch cooked by the PG staff, washrooms, mats, hot tub, life guard, cabanas, snorkel gear, open bar (non alcoholic and alcoholic), etc. . We had a great time last time and hope to again.

The crowds are far away and it is definitely private. :)

We were at HMC last week on the Noordam, and the Eurodam was there too.

The only place we really noticed the crowds was at the lunch BBQ, which was very busy. The other thing we noticed is that the Eurodam had the large local tenders, and was moored much closer to the island than we were.

We were unable to book a calm shell, but we got across there early, and found shade from the trees.

The crowds didn't scare away the large barracuda that I saw whilst snorkeling along the beach!

We sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam in 4 days. It will be our 3rd HAL cruise. Previously sailed on the Zuiderdam and Eurodam, but both times the weather was too harsh for tenders to make it to Half Moon Cay. We have seen it, but never put our feet there. We will just be happy if we make it. Our plan is to keep walking down the beach until we are mostly alone. Not anti-social, just longing to finally make it there and enjoy the beach. Send good Kharma our way!