RCI ships to be featured on Dream Cruises this week and next

AWE cabin station show Dream Cruises will feature programs on Rhapsody, Allure, Brilliance, Explorer, and Legend this week and next. Each show is an hour and focuses a bit more on the ports, but also talks a bit about the ships too.

I just stumbled upon this show about a month ago and I really enjoy it. Last night it was the Navigator in the western caribbean.

Great show and it has peaked my interest in MSC. They feature a lot of their ships on great Med itineraries :)

I just stumbled upon this show about a month ago and I really enjoy it. Last night it was the Navigator in the western caribbean.

Great show and it has peaked my interest in MSC. They feature a lot of their ships on great Med itineraries :)

I started the Navigator episode myself, but have not finished it.

Cool. Please let us know if you notice any RCL ships being aired. Would love to watch the episodes.

They are airing 5 episodes with RCL ships starting tomorrow. These must be reruns as they are on at different times. I set my TiVo to record series, so just noticed this morning that a bunch of episodes for RCL ships were in the queue.

I will have to try to catch those. Thanks for pointing them out.

While you will always hear mixed reviews about MSC and I certainly do not promote them to avid RCI loyalists, they certainly have some things they really know how to do right.

I have enjoyed over 20 sailings with them in the MED and while not always perfect, have been for the most part satisfied.

It is always great with options.

What network / station is this being aired on? I'm intrigued!

The show is on AWE - All Wealth Entertainment (I think) - it used to be the Wealth channel. I have it on Verizon FIOS, but not sure if it's on all cable packages.

I will have to try to catch those. Thanks for pointing them out.

While you will always hear mixed reviews about MSC and I certainly do not promote them to avid RCI loyalists, they certainly have some things they really know how to do right.

I have enjoyed over 20 sailings with them in the MED and while not always perfect, have been for the most part satisfied.

It is always great with options.

Interesting. I love my RCI cruises but I must say that the Divina has gotten my attention more than once. Plus on Med itineraries I rarely use the ship facilities - just eat and sleep. I really think I will be trying MSC in the future. There are so many ports that still need to explored and they offer RT from Genoa :)

• 2 weeks later...

I started recording these, even the non-RC voyages. I think they are produced by a Canadian company-or at least the narrator is Canadian...

Overall I wasn't impressed. I guess I got spoiled by Samantha Brown, Mike Rowe, Globe Trekker, and even those cheesey RC videos on board.

They don't seem to go in-depth on the ships, the ports, nor the people so at the end of the show I sort of feel like I was looking at other people's postcards.

It was kind of fun to see places where we had been and viewing it from someone else's perspective.

I'll give the shows another week or so. The China voyage show was horrible and didn't give me warm fuzzies about doing a cruise to Asia.