Royal or Princess

Wippi6

Royal or Princess  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Royal or Princess

• Royal Carribbean (Allure)
    • Princess

Hello,

We have been on several Royal cruises the latest being the Oasis and we all loved it. Last year we all went on the Norwegian Getaway and loved it as well. We wish we could put some of the getaway features with the Oasis features and have it all but we can't. We are going on another cruise end of the year and wanted to originally go on Royal. It is me, my hubby, 4 kids (16, 14, 6 & 4) and my parents. I was looking at the Allure as we did the Oasis and absolutely loved it kids and all. However we have been everywhere this ship goes during the kids winter break. They say they don't care because they love the ship but it would be nice to go somewhere else as long as the ship was somewhat compatible with Royals. So my question, I was looking at Princess and I am wondering if anyone with a family with kids teens and younger have sailed with them and your experiences. I am worried it just does not have that much to do as they are used to these big ships now. Thank you for your input and help, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how much I can help. On Princess, I've only sailed Ruby and Caribbean, and I'll be on their newest ship, Regal, next month. I've sailed RCI pretty extensively, including Oasis and Allure.

Based on what you said you loved about Oasis and Getaway, I think your best option is Allure. The entertainment on Princess does not compare with the newest RCI ships. Allure will have a full production of Mama Mia as their main show, along with the other entertainment venues you saw on Oasis.

I think Princess is a nice cruise line for sailing as a couple, but sailing with 4 kids, I'd stick to RCI.

I'm not sure how much I can help. On Princess, I've only sailed Ruby and Caribbean, and I'll be on their newest ship, Regal, next month. I've sailed RCI pretty extensively, including Oasis and Allure.

Based on what you said you loved about Oasis and Getaway, I think your best option is Allure. The entertainment on Princess does not compare with the newest RCI ships. Allure will have a full production of Mama Mia as their main show, along with the other entertainment venues you saw on Oasis.

I think Princess is a nice cruise line for sailing as a couple, but sailing with 4 kids, I'd stick to RCI.

We go Princess without the kids and to Europe and Royal Caribbean for fun and for Caribbean cruises. We loved the Allure and already have our eyes on the third Oasis class ship out in a couple of years.

I find Princess to be a relaxing and very friendly cruise line. Entertainment is decent, but not kid friendly. They have really nice Mediterranean, British Isles, and Baltic/St Petersburg cruises too. It's a great line for middle aged couples, which is my demographic (without the kids).

We go Princess without the kids and to Europe and Royal Caribbean for fun and for Caribbean cruises. We loved the Allure and already have our eyes on the third Oasis class ship out in a couple of years.

I find Princess to be a relaxing and very friendly cruise line. Entertainment is decent, but not kid friendly. They have really nice Mediterranean, British Isles, and Baltic/St Petersburg cruises too. It's a great line for middle aged couples, which is my demographic (without the kids).

As above.

Princess for just as royal with adult dd

These are 2 cruise lines I have sailed many, many times. I agree with pretty much everyone else. From what you said you liked about other cruises, Princess is not your cruise line, especially with the little ones. Princess has nothing in their fleet that can be compared to Allure. Frankly, I think you and the family will be bored on Princess.