Princess Opens Bookings To 2016 Alaska Cruises!

thecruiserofships

Princess released their 2016 Alaska itineraries today for booking. For those that have been anxiously waiting for today, it is finally here!

The ships are as follows: Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Ruby Princess, and Star Princess. This gives a grand total of 6 ships for 2016, which is the same as 2015. It is great to see Princess' commitment to Alaska.

I wrote this for my blog to highlight today being the day bookings have opened for Princess' 2016 Alaska cruises:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/princess-cruises-lines-2016-alaska-itineraries-are-now-online

I will probably do the same for each of the other cruise lines as time continues.

So far, Princess, Holland America, Norwegian, and Celebrity have released itineraries. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney have nothing online yet.

Sorry, everyone. Holland America is not available for booking. I was writing this when I was tired and for some reason put HAL into the sentence that said they were available for booking. I didn't even catch this when I reread my post.

As of today, Holland America is not available for booking.

My First Post Should Have Said:

So far, Princess Norwegian, and Celebrity have released itineraries.

Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, and Disney have nothing online yet.

Sorry and please forgive me!

Edited by thecruiserofships

For those of you that have been on both Princess and/or Holland which do you prefer. We plan on going on our first Alaskan cruise June of 2016 and have been on neither of these cruise lines before. We are wanting to do a one way so we can spend some extra days in Alaska before or after. We are in our late 50's but still like to have fun. Would we find Holland "stuffy" and boring...I've always thought of them as an "old people's" cruise...we've usually gone on Carnival and like their vibe. Norwegian is also a consideration. I realize when you cruise Alaska you are going more for the scenery than the ship but every moment won't be spent watching the scenery off our balcony ;)

I compared prices today for our upcoming cruise and a comparable date /ship for 2016 and was amazed that the same cabin was over $600 more! Either I got a super sale last October or prices have really gone up. I always thought b some of the best pricing was when an itinerary was releases?

For those of you that have been on both Princess and/or Holland which do you prefer. We plan on going on our first Alaskan cruise June of 2016 and have been on neither of these cruise lines before. We are wanting to do a one way so we can spend some extra days in Alaska before or after. We are in our late 50's but still like to have fun. Would we find Holland "stuffy" and boring...I've always thought of them as an "old people's" cruise...we've usually gone on Carnival and like their vibe. Norwegian is also a consideration. I realize when you cruise Alaska you are going more for the scenery than the ship but every moment won't be spent watching the scenery off our balcony ;)

I have gone on both lines, several times, in Alaska. Very very similar in my opinion. I would suggest you determine, if 2 glacier area viewing opportunities, or Seward vs Whittier, Haines vs Skagway. These are easy differences to look at. Time in ports may also be of interest.

I haven't booked most of my Alaska cruises, yet, for this year. :)

What cruise lines and ships are you looking at for this year?

I'm sure you already know this, but at this point in the year you may be able to get some last minute specials! In the past I have noticed some last minute deals for many different Alaska cruises, but the only problem was the airfare being way too expensive.

Have a great time cruising Alaska! :)

Edited by thecruiserofships

What cruise lines and ships are you looking at for this year?

I'm sure you already know this, but at this point in the year you may be able to get some last minute specials! In the past I have noticed some last minute deals for many different Alaska cruises, but the only problem was the airfare being way too expensive.

Have a great time cruising Alaska! :)

It's not "last minute" yet. :) I have sailed all the cruise lines in Alaska, with the exception of Disney, so don't care what line. My "fun" is picking up those give away cruises. Last year NCL was the winner, the year prior it was Princess. So I'm going to wait and see what comes up.

I was in Alaska 10 weeks last year with 7 cruises, on 3 trips. My plans are for similar time again this year. I'll see. :)