Got cabin assignment, unsure if it's any good.

tbonecopper

Well we got the cabin assignment for the Regal departing this coming Sunday, March 15.

L103

That's a front cabin. I'm not sure if that's a good one or not. Given its at the front, I would imagine the wind would make it difficult to sit on the balcony as the ship is in motion. Am I correct?

Anything I should know about the cabins like this? It was a guarantee booking so I won't complain too much ;-)

Edited by tbonecopper

If there are any cabins open in the same category they gave you, they usually will let you switch. We've done this several times.

Well we got the cabin assignment for the Regal departing this coming Sunday, March 15.

L103

That's a front cabin. I'm not sure if that's a good one or not. Given its at the front, I would imagine the wind would make it difficult to sit on the balcony as the ship is in motion. Am I correct?

Anything I should know about the cabins like this? It was a guarantee booking so I won't complain too much ;-)

Edited by DMRick

We booked L104 18 months ago on the Royal because we wanted the view from the balcony coming in and out of ports. There are a couple of threads about these front facing balconies.

Most of the folks have loved them and booked the same cabins for future cruises. Yes, there is a big possibility that you won't be able to sit on the balcony while at sea. We are willing to take that gamble.

Cheers, Denise

This thread about L101 may help, just keep in mind that your balcony is not as wide but still pretty deep:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1977490

And here's an aerial picture of the balconies...

9143908146_46dc0d3e63_b.jpg

And a comment from this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940710

We were in L103 in March aboard the Royal Princess. It was wonderful ! There was only 1 day where it felt too windy for me to sit and read a book. The balcony is BIG and I was out on it all the time.

The room was big too and very comfortable. I have photos but I never figured out how to add them into posts. My husband can do it sometime this weekend.

I would book this room again in a heartbeat and joyfully await cruising in it again !!

I open invited people from my role call to sail aways from the various ports on our cruise. Everyone was amazed at how much room there was and how wonderful the view is from up and front and center this room is.

L101 or L102 can only be better because they're more centered. And there was no noise from the Sanctuary and no problems with ship movement. It was smooth sailing for my son who suffers from motion sickness. Not one motion sickness pill the entire cruise.

:D

Thanks for finding the threads, Dave!! I have been using that photo as my screen saver. I get excited every time I think about having our very own "Crow's Nest". The first Princess ship we sailed on to Alaska had a huge lounge at the bow. It was fabulous. Another reason we like to sail on HAL occasionally.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

Thanks for the info everyone! I suppose I'll chance it with the winds and leave the cabin as is, without changing it.

*crossing fingers*!

Please come back and post your experience with this cabin. We board the Royal on March 29. Hope your cruise is wonderful.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for finding the threads, Dave!! I have been using that photo as my screen saver. I get excited every time I think about having our very own "Crow's Nest". The first Princess ship we sailed on to Alaska had a huge lounge at the bow. It was fabulous. Another reason we like to sail on HAL occasionally.

Cheers, Denise

Hi Denise,

The forward facing lounge is also why the Millennium- and Century-class ships are/were my all time favorites.

And even though you probably won't be doing a Live thread, please come back with a post-cruise report. I'd love to hear about your cruise!

Hi Denise,

The forward facing lounge is also why the Millennium- and Century-class ships are/were my all time favorites.

And even though you probably won't be doing a Live thread, please come back with a post-cruise report. I'd love to hear about your cruise!

Yes, I will do a post cruise report! We love the Royal and the Caribbean, so it should be a wonderful time. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference between our 19 days in November 2013 and the 20 days this time around.

If I could figure out how to upload my Flickr photos from my phone, I would add the pics!!!!

Cheers, Denise

L103

I spent 2 weeks in January in this cabin and loved it. We had very little problem with wind, I used it everyday at sea and in port and every evening to look at the stars. It was wonderful leaving Fort Lauderdale and entering St. Thomas at Havensight. We experienced no real noise issues either, although a few times I thought we would but it never got so bad I couldn't sleep or hear the TV. I would take this cabin and not look back. Of course, weather issues could be different on your cruise.

I am booked in L102 for 2 weeks next February and L104 for the 1st week. Can't wait.

There was a bit of noise in the morning from either the Sanctuary above or the equipment closet next door, I'm not sure which, but it didn't wake me up just noticed it when awake.

Edited by yoyosma

Please come back and post your experience with this cabin. We board the Royal on March 29. Hope your cruise is wonderful.

Cheers, Denise

Hi Denise,

We are boarding the Royal on March 29th as well and will be in L108. I'm looking forward to that one. We are only doing the 10days this time. Will we be neighbors? The roll call is kind of slow.

We were on the Regal in February and had cabins M 101 and M 103. We LOVED the cabins and the view. The balconies were very deep and while they were windy at times, we were able to enjoy them whenever we wished. We also got these cabins as an upgrade from inside cabins! I would definitely book in that location in the future.

I'm surprised they designed the new ships with these forward-facing balcony cabins. We had one on the Sapphire that had been recategorized from a balcony to a deluxe ocean view because apparently the wind was too much and they had to remove the furniture. The view was great from there when we were at the glaciers.

Hi Denise,

We are boarding the Royal on March 29th as well and will be in L108. I'm looking forward to that one. We are only doing the 10days this time. Will we be neighbors? The roll call is kind of slow.

Slower than molasses! I still plan to show up at Outrigger, but wish we could have had enough participation to have a Meet and Greet.

Mimi (also on for 10 days, wish it were 20)

They say that one person's misfortune is another person's good fortune. That was supposed to have been my DW and mine. I broke my tibia 2 weeks and the orthopedic surgeon said. Cruise, I don't think so!! My son and grandson are in the 2 cabins next to you. Enjoy your cruise introduce yourself to my son Scott.

They say that one person's misfortune is another person's good fortune. That was supposed to have been my DW and mine. I broke my tibia 2 weeks and the orthopedic surgeon said. Cruise, I don't think so!! My son and grandson are in the 2 cabins next to you. Enjoy your cruise introduce yourself to my son Scott.

Are they in forward cabins or side cabins? ie 106 and 104 or 110 and 112?

Cheers, Denise

Absolutely... As with most travel, I'll write a blog post about it ;)

I spent 2 weeks in January in this cabin and loved it. We had very little problem with wind, I used it everyday at sea and in port and every evening to look at the stars.

There was a bit of noise in the morning from either the Sanctuary above or the equipment closet next door, I'm not sure which, but it didn't wake me up just noticed it when awake.

Awesome! Glad someone has stayed in this cabin before (and posting here), hah. That's quite reassuring!

As far as the noise, won't be an issue, unless it's big band or something. But "environmental noise"... nah

Hi tbone... Or should I say neighbor... We are in L101 right next door this Sunday. See you in a couple of days!

Scott

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Haha! Wow that's awesome. Definitely have to stop by and say hello! I don't think we will be doing the meet & greet that's planned.

Haha! Wow that's awesome. Definitely have to stop by and say hello! I don't think we will be doing the meet & greet that's planned.

We will for sure be out on our balcony for sail-away. Sounds like we will have a great view up there!

Are they in forward cabins or side cabins? ie 106 and 104 or 110 and 112?

We are in one of the forward cabins. L101, right next to tbone.

Hi Denise,

Hi Liz,

Yes, we will be neighbors! We didn't join the Roll Call because this was going to be a very quiet cruise for us. DH is scheduled for a total hip replacement in May, so we won't be doing much in the way of excursions and such.

We are really looking forward to hanging out on the balcony while we are in port.

Please stop by and say HI!!!

Cheers, Denise