RCI changed my excursion time--and is charging me to change it back!

Why not have royal cancel it and rebook it your self on line.You said there is availability for 830 am.Good luck and have a great cruise.

Did you bother to read the thread before responding?

She has already posted that RC wants to charge them $1.75 more per person and an additional $22 for their child if they re-book.

Edited by Merion_Mom

They quoted a bunch of legalese to my husband and basically said "times and prices subject to change."

Huh? Maybe if you just reserved and didn't book and pay for it!

Time to call back and ask for a supervisor or the resolutions department :mad:

I would cancel, and rebook!

My thought as well. At least the last time I looked Royal doesn't charge to cancel an excursion up to about 24 hours if I remember. My last 2 cruises this came up quite a bit as Royal is making an even harder than ever push to sway people away from private excursions.

Huh? Maybe if you just reserved and didn't book and pay for it!

Time to call back and ask for a supervisor or the resolutions department :mad:

They charged our credit card immediately when we booked back in August. My husband spent almost 2 hours on the phone with a supervisor in the resolutions department. Very disappointed--this will almost certainly be the last time we cruise with RCI.

My thought as well. At least the last time I looked Royal doesn't charge to cancel an excursion up to about 24 hours if I remember. My last 2 cruises this came up quite a bit as Royal is making an even harder than ever push to sway people away from private excursions.

If it was only $1.75 each, we probably would. But now they are saying that they are no longer offering child prices for this excursion, which would mean having to also pay an extra $22 for our 12 year old. $30 is not going to break us, but RCI needs to know that this sort of thing is not acceptable.

The same thing happened to us....we booked the Labadee Arawak(?) water excursion for our daughters about 5 months pre-cruise. Then 2 months before, I noticed that our time had changed from 1:30pm to 9:00am! We are not early risers, so I looked into changing back to the original time, which was still available...was not able to do this online since the price had changed to $5 more per person. Called, was told nothing could be done to switch the time back to what we had initially booked without cancelling and paying the new price! I was not impressed! Asked to speak to a supervisor, and fortunately he was able to rebook us, but had to cancel the previous booking, charge us at the new rate, and give a credit to the credit card for the difference. Glad we noticed this in advance since we weren't even notified of the change.

They charged our credit card immediately when we booked back in August. My husband spent almost 2 hours on the phone with a supervisor in the resolutions department. Very disappointed--this will almost certainly be the last time we cruise with RCI.

Not good customer service at all and I wouldn't blame you for not cruising with them again.

I think you should try an independent excursion. If you post what it is you're looking for maybe we can all help you find something you are comfortable with? I only book ship excursions on rare occasions anymore and there are a lot of experienced cruisers here that can offer recommendations. :)

Almost the same thing happened to us. We had booked and paid for our excursions, but when the prices went up, they cancelled our booking and when I went to rebook, the price was about $10 higher per person. I spent hours on the phone with various departments and my TA spent time with them as well on my behalf. I sent them the confirmation with the dates, times, and the price we had paid. They quoted me that they can cancel, change the times, and change the prices at will.

The best I could get them to do was credit me the $10 difference per person as OBC. But I was mad. This is my first ever cruise with Royal and I am not impressed with their customer service at all. The three issues I've had have been nightmares.

I should mention, our dinner reservations (Which were paid for as well) were also cancelled and they were not willing to rebook at the older prices. So much for planning and paying ahead.

Almost the same thing happened to us. We had booked and paid for our excursions, but when the prices went up, they cancelled our booking and when I went to rebook, the price was about $10 higher per person. I spent hours on the phone with various departments and my TA spent time with them as well on my behalf. I sent them the confirmation with the dates, times, and the price we had paid. They quoted me that they can cancel, change the times, and change the prices at will.

The best I could get them to do was credit me the $10 difference per person as OBC. But I was mad. This is my first ever cruise with Royal and I am not impressed with their customer service at all. The three issues I've had have been nightmares.

I should mention, our dinner reservations (Which were paid for as well) were also cancelled and they were not willing to rebook at the older prices. So much for planning and paying ahead.

That's awful. :( They really should be ashamed of themselves. Between this and the recent huge price hike on drinks, I am not impressed.

I did have a very nice rep named Elaine from the Shore Excursions desk call me back this morning (after copying the Shore Excursion desk on my strongly worded e-mail to Mr. Bayley). She claims that the tour operator changed the tour time to noon, which is why our tour time changed. She is checking with the tour operator to verify whether the 8:30 time is once again available. If it is indeed going at 8:30, she said it would be no problem to change us back to our original time and there would be no additional charge. She indicated that she would call me back after she confirmed the availability of the 8:30 slot with the tour operator.

We shall see! :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your comments and advice!

Edited by Laurin612

[quote name='caribbean sailor']Why not have royal cancel it and rebook it your self on line.You said there is availability for 830 am.Good luck and have a great cruise.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Why would they do that? They would not only have to pay an additional $1.75 per person because RC changed their time slot, they would also have to pay an additional $22 for their child.

Cruise lines doing stuff like this drives me crazy. I don't know if it's utter ineptitude or something that's done deliberately while they squeeze every last penny out of people, but either way it's wrong. I agree with those who have said to push back...it's not the $1.75, it's the principle of the matter.[/SIZE] Edited by Cindy