Ceiling Height

Clay Clayton

DH and I are considering a river cruise aboard Viking's Bestla, one of their newer longboats. I am 6'-7" tall so am a little concerned about headroom and feeling clostrophobic. Ocean cruise stateroom ceilings are (as I recall) 7'-6" high. Does anyone know if the ceilings on longboats are similar? Lower!:mad:

Also, is there a ceiling height difference between the different decks? We are considering a standard stateroom which puts us on the lowest deck...wonder if ceiling is lower....or hoping it might be higher:D

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edited by Clay Clayton

Try emailing Ralph Grizzle, he is one of Avid Cruiser's associates and he is 6 foot 5. He has done lots of articles and river cruises as well. Aaron and Ralph answer emails very promptly. I am only 6 feet tall but never had a problem on Avalon, nor even thought about it.

Edited by stretchcruz

I'm the height of the original poster and I have a slight touch of claustrophobia. That being said, when I was on a Viking longship last summer, I didn't have any trouble with that aspect of the cruise. (I know this is a personal thing and I hope that my experience will be similar to yours.)

I'm the height of the original poster and I have a slight touch of claustrophobia. That being said, when I was on a Viking longship last summer, I didn't have any trouble with that aspect of the cruise. (I know this is a personal thing and I hope that my experience will be similar to yours.)

Thanks...good to hear from someone who has similar Circumstances! Appreciate it.