Corporate Office Called???

Yesterday, I had just missed a call from the corporate office in Miami. They left a message stating that they see that I was leaving for a quick getaway on the Enchantment on Monday with two RCCL member friends. I have been Diamond Plus now for the past 5/6 cruises and this was the first time that I have ever had a call from them wishing me a wonderful trip.

How odd is that? At first I thought that that the Upgrade Fairy was calling but it was not. Why call?

Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Were they calling to offer me an upgrade and then when I was not there to receive the call they just wished me a Bon Voyage?

Thanks but why would they waste their time on such a frivolous call? Not trying to sound ungreateful but really?///:confused:

Yesterday, I had just missed a call from the corporate office in Miami. They left a message stating that they see that I was leaving for a quick getaway on the Enchantment on Monday with two RCCL member friends. I have been Diamond Plus now for the past 5/6 cruises and this was the first time that I have ever had a call from them wishing me a wonderful trip.

How odd is that? At first I thought that that the Upgrade Fairy was calling but it was not. Why call?

Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Were they calling to offer me an upgrade and then when I was not there to receive the call they just wished me a Bon Voyage?

Thanks but why would they waste their time on such a frivolous call? Not trying to sound ungreateful but really?///:confused:

I don't know why they make those calls, but we have received them too. It's happened a few days before our last few cruises.

I don't know why they make those calls, but we have received them too. It's happened a few days before our last few cruises.

My guess is that someone in the customer service dept thought it would be a good way to be personable and friendly and make people think "wow, Royal really cares about me." :rolleyes:

We've gotten calls and email before and we thought it was nice.

I like how Princess sends email introducing the CD and Captain and others as the cruise date approaches. It helps build excitement.

Tom

Had them as well and they get you all excited.....:eek::D

also had recorded calls for myself and DH, both at the same time on our cell phones, for their embarkation times. I think on the phone it came up all 11111111s on call display.

They want for you to feel special maybe? I've seen lots of gripes about D and D+ not feeling the love from the company. We hit Emerald this summer and I'm really not sure what that really means anyway.

Phone call might be related to a sign posted in the concierge lounge telling D+ guest that they were no longer allowed to has access to the lounge. I understand this was a mistake. The phone call may have been a pro-active attempt at damage control.