Recent Price Hike??

Regent are selling the 6th July 20 day cruise Copenhagen to Copenhagen on their Australian site for D cabin US$9099. No air of course but still a significant discount to their US site.

This cruise is selling for 14,789 USD for Concierge Cabin, incl. Business Class Air and 1 night hotel on a Canadian site

This cruise is selling for 14,789 USD for Concierge Cabin, incl. Business Class Air and 1 night hotel on a Canadian site

I just received this exact same offer from my TA. Also the May 3 Dubai to Barcelona with free upgrade to Penthouse and business air is $11309. There were also a few other "specials" such as a 10 night Navigator cruise out of Miami for $3050. Too bad I can't take advantage of any of these.

This just confirms what I have long suspected and experienced - when cruises are not selling well and Regent needs to fill the suites, passengers in parts of the world other than the United States are offered some amazing deals, while in America the discounts are negligible. We have been on so many cruises where we have met up with other people who were able to purchase the exact same cruise that we did as a substantial discount. Previously we always chalked that up to the fact that they booked late in the game and had a limited cabin selection, but now it has become quite obvious that Americans pay substantially more for the same product. While some people may not have any problems with this, I am not one of them and for that reason, my horizons have just expanded with regard to where I will spent my vacation dollars.

gnomie :)

Is it my imagination or has Regent really jacked up it's prices for late 2105 - 2016?? I have seen many cruises now up to $2,000 per day for 2 people. Was the reason they were late publishing the new materials is that NCL wanted to take prices up after the acquisition and that took extra time? Or that they wanted to set Explorer prices super high for year 1 and have the other prices in line with that?

Our 30 day Indian Ocean trip was about $1,000 a day for the Penthouse C. Now that same trip is $1500 a day,

Am I wrong on this??

Are you referring to the Dubai to Cape Town cruise? If you are, you are mistaken, that cruise actually just had a price reduction.

This just confirms what I have long suspected and experienced - when cruises are not selling well and Regent needs to fill the suites, passengers in parts of the world other than the United States are offered some amazing deals, while in America the discounts are negligible. We have been on so many cruises where we have met up with other people who were able to purchase the exact same cruise that we did as a substantial discount. Previously we always chalked that up to the fact that they booked late in the game and had a limited cabin selection, but now it has become quite obvious that Americans pay substantially more for the same product. While some people may not have any problems with this, I am not one of them and for that reason, my horizons have just expanded with regard to where I will spent my vacation dollars.

I am currently in Barbados, so I thought I would check the RSSC website from here. For the the July 6 Norway cruise, the Cat F fare was $8599 USD but there was no mention of included air. There was also a "countdown" clock not the main website for when fares are to increase in 15 days, so many hours, minutes etc. if you can believe that marketing trick.

I am currently in Barbados, so I thought I would check the RSSC website from here. For the the July 6 Norway cruise, the Cat F fare was $8599 USD but there was no mention of included air. There was also a "countdown" clock not the main website for when fares are to increase in 15 days, so many hours, minutes etc. if you can believe that marketing trick.

As Sgt. Schultz would say, verrrrrrrry interesting. Fare today on the US web site is $17,999 or $9,400 less than the US price. Doubt coach from Barbados to Copenhagen would be anywhere near the difference if the Barbados price doesn't include air.

Haven't seen tc posting on this thread since last nite. Guess all the price posts are sufficient to satisfy her request for additional data??

Just received my almost daily recycle bin stuffer and the July 6 Norway cruise is in one of the two stuffers. It is shown in Cat F at $19,999 or $2,000 higher than the current website price or 235% higher than those in Barbados would pay for the same cruise probably without air. A good thing is that US prices are coming down.

Thanks to travel cat we are now able to see cruise costs in many other countries and how they all compare.

Thanks to travel cat we are now able to see cruise costs in many other countries and how they all compare.

Actually gnomie1 brought up the subject (on another thread and again on this one). My interest on this thread remains the same as the OP's.

OTOH, we were just notified of a price reduction for our cruise in sept 2015. Since it is before final payment, our TA was able to get the reduction for us. Had it was a true reduction, not an increase on onboard spending credit or something like that.

Perhaps the cruise is not selling well because it was overpriced to begin with, and now they are having to lower the price to fill the ship. Would be better to be well priced from the get go.

We are on the Mariner 16th Sept. (We are having this cruise because our last cruise was reduced by £2,000pp.) We booked last January while onboard Voyager and were told that this was a good deal and would not be improved. Here we go again - the price has dropped by £1,369pp. As we have not paid our final account I contacted Regent only to be told that they would not reduce our bill. We could either have a credit for a future cruise (no thanks already got the teeshirt) or an upgrade and some onboard credit. If I wanted better cabin with all the trimmings I would have booked it in the first place. When booking I choose my cabin for its position only.

Maybe we can meet up for a drink and you can show me how to spend on onboard spend.

Still anxious to learn which Regent cruises have increased or decreased their fares significantly for 2015.

You asked which cruises have decreased prices, I provided one and now you are saying that you are not going to comment because it is "off topic". You always seem to have so much to offer on each and every thread and your silence on this subject is deafening. I wish no ill harm to Regent and I am not out to bash them - my only purpose in this entire exercise is to make people better and more educated consumers, something I have been doing for ever and ever.

Just for clarification - the prices I quoted in my earlier post were for a "D" - concierge suite

You asked which cruises have decreased prices, I provided one and now you are saying that you are not going to comment because it is "off topic". You always seem to have so much to offer on each and every thread and your silence on this subject is deafening. I wish no ill harm to Regent and I am not out to bash them - my only purpose in this entire exercise is to make people better and more educated consumers, something I have been doing for ever and ever.

Just for clarification - the prices I quoted in my earlier post were for a "D" - concierge suite

Perhaps I interpreted your post incorrectly. You did indeed talk about prices but what came across is how upset you are about prices in the U.K. vs. the U.S. and how unfair it was. You went as far as to say that you probably won't sail on Regent after your next cruise. From what I can determine, the OP was interested in price decreases in the U.S. on certain itineraries. If I am incorrect, I apologize.

My purpose on this board is also to educate. As long time Regent customers, it would be nice we worked together instead of against each other. Although our experiences may differ, we have a lot of Regent knowledge and experience!

We are on the Mariner 16th Sept. (We are having this cruise because our last cruise was reduced by £2,000pp.) We booked last January while onboard Voyager and were told that this was a good deal and would not be improved. Here we go again - the price has dropped by £1,369pp. As we have not paid our final account I contacted Regent only to be told that they would not reduce our bill. We could either have a credit for a future cruise (no thanks already got the teeshirt) or an upgrade and some onboard credit. If I wanted better cabin with all the trimmings I would have booked it in the first place. When booking I choose my cabin for its position only.

Maybe we can meet up for a drink and you can show me how to spend on onboard spend.

Interesting. Our price decrease was no where near that amount, but I am not complaining.

This is good evidence of how things differ from one side of the Atlantic to the other. Not sure what the thinking is on this. Why are they trying to encourage people from the UK with great deals over those from the US?

Would love to meet you. My husband is the tall cowboy from oklahoma with a cowboy hat and boots during the day. You should have not trouble finding him.

I was booked on an Oceania cruise in the Med in the OS. The ports were quite more than a little funky..it was a B2B. I just changed today to Crystal in the CP which is the top suite and it is LESS than Oceania. I think that top management should get together and re-evaluate their pricing structure! I do know that most of the O suites are much nicer than Crystal, but I never, never thought I could get CP lower than O. They need to go back to the drawing board!

I've just checked our Dubai to Cape Town November 2015 cruise and the price has decreased dramatically.

There is availability showing on all but the cheapest suites and some higher priced suites.

We have just sent an email to our TA and hope we can pay the new fare.

We've only paid the deposit, so have our fingers crossed!

We are also on this cruise and after reading your post, alerted our TA to the drastically reduced price on the Regent Australian site. She immediately contacted Regent who responded with the great news that we would be granted the new price. I hope that you got your reduction as well.

I'll buy you a drink on the cruise.

Clear your history and cookies and select a home country

I just cleared my history and cookies as you recommended, googled an Australian travel site, and got a price quote for my Cat A on 6 Sep, converted it ino US dollars, and had a heart attack when the cost came out to be about half of a US-based quote. We may have to move.

Z and TB

I've been eyeing that Sept 6 cruise (though I suspect it's too long a flight for my husband-- even if all goes smoothly, which whoever knows....) This thread has definitely thrown a bit of a cold blanket on our Regent dreams. No doubt that's silly: Things are what they are; not everything works to one's advantage. Still....

We like to go on an extended cruise once a year that depends on the time of year and ports of call. For 2016 I have focused on the Seven Seas January 18, Singapore to Tokyo, for 49 nites. The cost now for the cheapest suite is $68,800. This works out to $1404 day for 2.

For comparison, I am also looking at Seabourn Singapore-Monte Carlo April 17, for 38 nights for $1600, an $842 for 2 in a suite The Oceania Nautica has a 55 night Beijing to Istanbul trip for $52,000, $945 day in a penthouse suite. And Holland American Volendam on Mar 1 is going from Singapore to Tokyo, 46 notes, for $15,000 at $644 day for two in a vista suite. One cruise travel site has 10%onboard credit(of total cruise cost) when you book a Holland America cruise.

Most readers on this thread can do the math that takes into account excursion, air travel, gratuity, drinks, internet, and other costs that differentiate the above cruise lines. Sorry for the brain damage, but the Regent daily rate costs do not offer value compared to other ship lines.

Regent ends up on the short end of the stick when I compare cruise costs and acknowledge that UK-Aussie cruisers get much better cruise pricing on than US cruisers.