Interested in the cabin crawl, but how do you get started?

chukli

I was wondering how you would get started in joining the Cabin Crawl? Also, is this limited to Diamond Level only?

I am also wondering about doing the Galley/Bridge tour that someone said was complimentary, regardless of C&A level. We are Platinum right now.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I was wondering how you would get started in joining the Cabin Crawl? Also, is this limited to Diamond Level only?

I am also wondering about doing the Galley/Bridge tour that someone said was complimentary, regardless of C&A level. We are Platinum right now.

A Cabin Crawl is something you and/or your fellow roll call participants organize yourself. The ship people (and whatever C&A level) have nothing to do with it. Just find your roll call here and suggest it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

The bridge tour is offered to diamond plus, pinnacle and suites only. You can do the all-access tour, but that costs $150.

A Cabin crawl general doesn't exceed 10 cabins and ranges from your Inside to someone on your Roll Call with a Suite cabin, generally they look for a Family Suite or full suite. It depends on your Roll Call and if they wish to add anything along with it such as a Polker run. Those offering their cabins for viewing will or can provide snacks and if you get a large number to view, then they will split the group up into 2 groups. During our visit to a room, a Japanese family saw our group and thought it was a scheduled tour by the ship and joined in.:). We met them as we were entering and they thanked the couple showing their room. We all got a chuckle out of it.

we did it last year, someone on the meet and greet organized it and we had it right after the meet and greet, someone needs to set it up, I am too lazy to do that, we had large group about 40 people.

I did that twice and we kept a list of who participated on our roll call. Keeping the list up-to-date can be a hard job, but a cabin crawl is so much fun :D

Cindy

Build a Google spreadsheet and post the link on your roll call. Everyone enters their own info. Before you leave for the port, print the spreadsheet. No work for you.:D

Build a Google spreadsheet and post the link on your roll call. Everyone enters their own info. Before you leave for the port, print the spreadsheet. No work for you.:D

That wouldbe a great idea, but me and spreadsheets don't do well. I can build a computer from scratch, but can't do spreadsheets. Go figure.... :D

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

join the Roll call for your sailing. if a CC is going to happen, it will be organized from that thread.

there are some tours that are free, but they have very limited space. others are only available if you sail in Suites or have access to a concierge(Diamond and up).

I have organized several cabin crawls. [i like to see other cabins :D ] The more cabin types you have the better. You will need to post a request for cabin types on your roll call several times.

I always give the disclaimer that if I get more than one volunteer for a cabin type that I will select the cabin the creates the most compact crawl possible. Therefore, if possible I will avoid cabins on deck 2 and 3 for logistical reason. But, I never post that because they may be the only inside/oceanview cabins I get. :rolleyes:

I also scan the roll call and cabin numbers. I look them up on the deck plan and see if there are some categories of cabins I do not have and want. I try to contact these people privately to see if they are willing to participate. [many people have their email in their signature]

Also, make it as early in the cruise as possible, since cabins can messier as the cruise goes on.

Have fun!!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I have organized small tours for our Roll Call and a good thing to do, is once you have your group of people, be sure and get their full names, Cabin locations, Email addresses etc, so during the cruise if you need to contact everyone you will have their last names and room number to leave messages or you can pre arrange for everyone to check the cummunity Board near Guest Relations for messages pertaining to the Tour.I also contact everyone by Email prior to the cruise, this way I can be sure everyone will see the message rather then posting it as many don't come to the Roll Call daily.

Cindy you wouldn't want to see my spreadsheet, LOL I have Tabs set up for differant categories, such as Roll Call, Hotel & Flight Information. During our LOS TA since I had so many, I started what I call a Deck List where everyone is listed by Deck & Cabin number. We have 380 for our SOS Quebec cruise next Oct and I am assisting another lady and even decided to do a State List. Anyone wants a printout to see who is from their state i will send them that list.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

• 2 months later...
I have organized small tours for our Roll Call and a good thing to do, is once you have your group of people, be sure and get their full names, Cabin locations, Email addresses etc, so during the cruise if you need to contact everyone you will have their last names and room number to leave messages or you can pre arrange for everyone to check the cummunity Board near Guest Relations for messages pertaining to the Tour.I also contact everyone by Email prior to the cruise, this way I can be sure everyone will see the message rather then posting it as many don't come to the Roll Call daily.

Cindy you wouldn't want to see my spreadsheet, LOL I have Tabs set up for differant categories, such as Roll Call, Hotel & Flight Information. During our LOS TA since I had so many, I started what I call a Deck List where everyone is listed by Deck & Cabin number. We have 380 for our SOS Quebec cruise next Oct and I am assisting another lady and even decided to do a State List. Anyone wants a printout to see who is from their state i will send them that list.

Can I get a copy of your spreadsheet?