let,s be proud

so,ton saint

Flags, badges, and labels are not enough for me to feel proud or part with cash. It does look like a very nice hotel from what I've seen online, but it doesn't look like a cruise ship.

There's nothing about "Hotel Britannia" that makes me want to choose her over another ship, quite the reverse in fact. If I get hooked on my upcoming cruise on Ventura, I'll be looking to book another place on something that feels it belongs on the seas, not on land.

Britannia gets a "thumbs up" from me.

The Carnival share price is doing nicely too. Where would the share price be if Lord Sterling didn't have the presence of mind to promote the merge of P&O Princess Int' with Carnival instead of RCCI?

Flags, badges, and labels are not enough for me to feel proud or part with cash. It does look like a very nice hotel from what I've seen online, but it doesn't look like a cruise ship.

There's nothing about "Hotel Britannia" that makes me want to choose her over another ship, quite the reverse in fact. If I get hooked on my upcoming cruise on Ventura, I'll be looking to book another place on something that feels it belongs on the seas, not on land.

, all i am saying whether it look,s like TITANIC or VENTURA it,s a good choice by carnival to register her in the city taking the name Southampton all around the globe instead of seeing any other town

, all i am saying whether it look,s like TITANIC or VENTURA it,s a good choice by carnival to register her in the city taking the name Southampton all around the globe instead of seeing any other town

how many weeks/months before the registry changes to Hamilton? P&O offer weddings at sea. Thay can't on Britannia?

I know it was built in Italy, BUT it,s got SOUTHAMPTON on her stern and the union flag,please don,t knock it. :D

I wonder how long the registry will remain UK - as it precludes weddings on board - at (I believe) £5000 a time, three per sea day it's a not inconsiderable revenue stream.

davecttr - you got there before me. That'll teach me to read the whole thread...

Edited by lake5298

I am certain that if you go back a few years, you will find pages and pages with people saying that they would refuse to go on Ventura/Azura, most of them using words similar to what is now being written about Britannia. Funny how times change.

I am certain that if you go back a few years, you will find pages and pages with people saying that they would refuse to go on Ventura/Azura, most of them using words similar to what is now being written about Britannia. Funny how times change.

It wouldn't surprise me :D

To be honest, not actually having set foot on Ventura yet, I don't know if that will feel as nautical as I'm hoping either. I'm used to smaller vessels (mainly inland craft, but some ferries too) where vibration, movement, and noise are part of the experience. Although, I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely anyway.

If I do get hooked, I'll probably look at a smaller ship next time to see how it compares. We all have different things we want from our cruises, and I won't know which aspects I truly like and don't until I get back from my first sailing.

I didn't realise that she was registered in Southampton until the op drew my attention to it. Well done to carnival for that though I do wonder how long that will last.

I was watching a video on YouTube this morning showing her arrival at Southampton. Footage which I hadn't seen before and some pretty goods footage at that. The only problem is that I still think she is ugly, in fact even uglier than I first thought.

P.S. Not thrilled with the looks of Azura and Venura either but Britannia takes the biscuit. If we were talking about people we would say that they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I've seen prettier car transporters. Large and ungainly. :mad:

I didn't realise that she was registered in Southampton until the op drew my attention to it. Well done to carnival for that though I do wonder how long that will last.

I bet that HRH wouldn't have agreed to christen the ship had it carried a foreign registry…

Been on both and once was too much.

David.

I bet that HRH wouldn't have agreed to christen the ship had it carried a foreign registry…

I think that's spot on. And why would they have just one ship registered in UK.

After a time it will be changed.

David.

Well this is the most positive thread on the P&O forum is it not.:rolleyes:

Come on folks - Britannia is a new ship and there was a feel good factor when she came in to her new home and for the naming ceremony. Even the weather was stunning on both occasions.

Saw a video of her sailing out on Saturday night last night - fireworks, singing and lots of tooting of horns. Great

Many of us are looking forward to sailing on her - can't wait. :D:D:D

you mean the car ship HOEGH OSAKA she,s back repaired and working

I wasn't particullarly thinking of her but it is nice to know that she's back at work after her little mishap. Some good seamanship and decision making there with regard to the deliberate beaching. Just imagine the consequences of her blocking the main channel.

Edited by AchileLauro

Has anyone noticed that Britannia was originally registered in Hamilton for the float out.

Why go to all the trouble of then changing it to Southampton if the cynics think it will be reregistered a third time?

Ventura is not really the prettiest ship afloat either,and Britannia is very similar to Ventura in many ways.

As regards it being built in Italy, I do hope that quite a large chunk of the fitting out cost was sourced from the UK, maybe P&O will gice us a breakdown sometime.

Has anyone noticed that Britannia was originally registered in Hamilton for the float out.

Why go to all the trouble of then changing it to Southampton if the cynics think it will be reregistered a third time?

It was re registered so the queen could name it. After a suitable time it will re register to Hamilton so they can sell weddings.

Been on both and once was too much.

David.

That bad, eh?

Ventura is not really the prettiest ship afloat either,and Britannia is very similar to Ventura in many ways.

As regards it being built in Italy, I do hope that quite a large chunk of the fitting out cost was sourced from the UK, maybe P&O will gice us a breakdown sometime.

From the outside, I'd probably agree with you. Looking at the pics however, there does seem to be something more shiplike about Ventura. I certainly intend spending some time on the prom deck (which Britannia doesn't have), and I think the interior in many areas looks more like you're on a cruise ship too. I'll comment further on my opinions when I get back :)

So if UK registration was to be permanent why was she not registered there in the first place.

David.