BOGO 1/2 off Drink Packages on Board Purchase Only

I just read on another thread that someone reported that Royal was offering BOGO 1/2 off drink packages on board. However, if you pre-purchased the package online they wouldn't credit back the price so that you can partake in the offer. Has anyone else seen this promo on their sailing? and if so, what ship?

I just read on another thread that someone reported that Royal was offering BOGO 1/2 off drink packages on board. However, if you pre-purchased the package online they wouldn't credit back the price so that you can partake in the offer. Has anyone else seen this promo on their sailing? and if so, what ship?

That would be really nice. I wonder if both guests have to be in the same cabin. We have three cabins booked on Liberty, and two people want the drink package, but they are in different cabins. All three cabins are linked to the same set sail pass and credit card.

Is this offer for new bookings only? I am cruising on the Freedom May 17th and I see that for new bookings this is offered. However the cruise prices are much higher than what I paid last year when I booked. So would I be eligible for this deal while keeping my lower cruise price? When I go onto the RCI website and try to purchase a drink package, it does not mention getting 50% off the second package.

Holy cow! :eek: If it is true, that would be great! Is it too late to canel our drink package or when is it too late? If I got the premium, would DH have to get the same thing or could he get the Replinish, since he can't hold his liquor anymore?! :o

Advice?!

I just got off the phone with RCI and the rep. said that it was for sailings after May 15th. She said that typically drink packages are the same if you purchase them onboard or beforehand. so, in other words, if it is going on the reps. haven't heard about it yet.

My thing is that if we cancel (which is not a big deal, as Bob said, its not like they won't sell us one when we get there!), if I buy the premium, will DH also have to buy the premium, instead of the Replinish?? :confused: In which case, then we would be losing money, if he had to buy the premium as well.

Secondly, we bought the packages, on the RCI card. I already turned in the points for OBC. Will they take away the OBC, if that had made a difference and put us into the next bracket?

I just got off the phone with RCI and the rep. said that it was for sailings after May 15th. She said that typically drink packages are the same if you purchase them onboard or beforehand. so, in other words, if it is going on the reps. haven't heard about it yet.

My thing is that if we cancel (which is not a big deal, as Bob said, its not like they won't sell us one when we get there!), if I buy the premium, will DH also have to buy the premium, instead of the Replinish?? :confused: In which case, then we would be losing money, if he had to buy the premium as well.

Secondly, we bought the packages, on the RCI card. I already turned in the points for OBC. Will they take away the OBC, if that had made a difference and put us into the next bracket?

You can get different packages when you purchase on the ship.

Thanks Bob - I was just wondering if I got the Premium, in order the BOGO (if that is accurate), if DH would have to get the Premium as well or if they would do half off on the Replinish.

I don't know the details of the offer, but I would assume they would give you half off the less expensive package. However, logical does not always apply to Royal.

Edited by clarea

I just got off the phone with RCI and the 50% off beverages is only for bookings made March 11 thru April 30..they said if you book prior to that you do not qualify for the promotion.:(

This.

I just got off the phone as well, the promo is not valid if you booked your cruise prior to 3/11/2015.:mad:

My February 20 Navigator cruise went down for our D1 and I called the other day (after March 11). I called my TA and they called RCCL and I purchased the BOGO half off drink package on the phone. I did not have to pay full price for both and get credited onboard. I did it right on the phone it was either Thursday or Friday when I did this offer.

Edited by js

My February 20 Navigator cruise went down for our D1 and I called the other day (after March 11). I called my TA and they called RCCL and I purchased the BOGO half off drink package on the phone. I did not have to pay full price for both and get credited onboard. I did it right on the phone it was either Thursday or Friday when I did this offer.

I didn't go through TA..I booked online RC website. Mark, the customer service rep was nice and apologized for not being able to adjust our package..if I wanted the 1/2 off I would of lost my OBC and my cruise in July is higher now than what I'm paying for it..I figure since I don't drink much I will use my OBC for a couple frozen margaritas or upgrade drink package with it.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like there are two different things being discussed in this thread.

The original question (I think) is whether or not it's true that once on the ship a drink package can be purchased BOGO half off.

It seems to me reading thru the thread that we may be talking about two different things though.

There's a current package being offered for new bookings (or bookings during a certain time period) that allows one to purchase a drink package and get 50% off the second. This isn't what the OP was asking about. Going this route, the beverage package is purchased BEFORE you get on the ship under the current BOGO50 "sale", either on-line or by calling Royal or a T/A. And as I and many others have now found by calling Royal, you lose other offers you may have on your current reservation (such as OBC), and must reprice your reservation under the current fare prices, which are inflated to make up the cost of the "half-off" beverage package they're promoting.

I'm still curious about the OP's question. Has anyone has actually waited to get on the ship and been able to purchase a beverage package at buy-one-get-one-half-off (as it was rumored in another thread).

I'm curious about this too as we are booked last April for our cruise this July. It would be great to be able to purchase buy one get one 1/2 off on the ship.

I'm still curious about the OP's question. Has anyone has actually waited to get on the ship and been able to purchase a beverage package at buy-one-get-one-half-off (as it was rumored in another thread).

I could be wrong, but it sounds like there are two different things being discussed in this thread.

The original question (I think) is whether or not it's true that once on the ship a drink package can be purchased BOGO half off.

It seems to me reading thru the thread that we may be talking about two different things though.

There's a current package being offered for new bookings (or bookings during a certain time period) that allows one to purchase a drink package and get 50% off the second. This isn't what the OP was asking about. Going this route, the beverage package is purchased BEFORE you get on the ship under the current BOGO50 "sale", either on-line or by calling Royal or a T/A. And as I and many others have now found by calling Royal, you lose other offers you may have on your current reservation (such as OBC), and must reprice your reservation under the current fare prices, which are inflated to make up the cost of the "half-off" beverage package they're promoting.

THIS IS MY QUESION AS WELL.

I purchased my packages beforehand. If I get on the ship and they are offering a BOGO for THAT sailing then I want OBC. That is the original question and has it been answered?

You hit the nail on the head and described it perfectly. It was a Grandeur review that said they were offering the BOGO50 sale on board. The reviewer said "Upon entering the ship I found that the two drinking packages I purchased (the ultimate and select) were now buy one and get the second 1/2 off."

I will be boarding the Grandeur on Saturday morning. I originally purchased two Premium Packages. Only booked ahead to make the pain of the cost not show up on the bill while on the ship. So yesterday I cancelled both packages since nothing is lost this way and I will buy as soon as we get on the ship. If there is a special we benefit, if not it really doesn't matter. I will report back here on Saturday as soon as I get the package and report my findings. Might help those on future Grandeur cruises but who knows what it means fleet wide.

Steve

How and why I think it may be appearing on certain Ships is 1. The pre sale of the packages are very low 2. length of trip and number of port days which I am sure result in lower package sales.

I totally agree with this too. It seems to me they would be a lot more likely to offer this on a 10 cruise than a short cruise.

The current BOGOHO offer is for the premium package only.

I called this morning to see if the BOGOHO drink package applied to my booking. I booked our cabins in August for our upcoming June cruise, but I had a price drop (residency rate) applied on March 11th. When I called, they told me my booking was eligible but that the drink package offer cannot be combined with a residency rate (which I also read in the fine print while I was on hold with the rep). The residency rate saves me far more than the discounted drink package would.

Also, if you call to add the BOGOHO drink package, your cruise price will be adjusted to whatever the price is today. In my situation, the price was still the same as I had gotten on March 11th.