Constellation 29th Feb 2016 CANCELLED by Celebrity

Surrey_Pirates

They i courage partner swapping and sex parties. NASTY! I thought Celebrity was a higher class than that.

Celebrity Cruises runs a myriad of cruise ships which are booked by people from all walks of life.

What two (or more) consenting adults choose to do is up to them. Consenting adults aren't only on these chartered cruises, they are on ALL cruises.

You won't recognize them because they look just like you. They are your next door neighbors, your co-workers, and possibly your friends and relatives.

They don't look any different.

It isn't nasty, it isn't "lower class" - it's simply different from the way YOU choose to live your life.

Apologies for replying on behalf of the originally quoted poster...but the Sun Sentinel article does cover said "Nastiness" - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-clothing-optional-cruises-20150423-story.html...

I tried the link, saw the article briefly (no mention of nastiness), then got a popup pitching unlimited access for a fee. Can't get to the article in question.

I'm sure there is some tawdriness, as there is on any cruise, but I question the characterization of a nude cruise as being about "partner swapping and sex parties". If the article indicated that's what goes on, I can understand 4cats,1dog's reaction, but I would still take the information in the article with a grain of salt, depending on the context.

BTW, 4cats,1dog-- DW and I have exactly 4 cats and 1 dog, too!

I tried the link, saw the article briefly (no mention of nastiness), then got a popup pitching unlimited access for a fee. Can't get to the article in question.

I'm sure there is some tawdriness, as there is on any cruise, but I question the characterization of a nude cruise as being about "partner swapping and sex parties". If the article indicated that's what goes on, I can understand 4cats,1dog's reaction, but I would still take the information in the article with a grain of salt, depending on the context.

I went ahead and clicked thru to the article. The "nastiness" mentioned was not in regards to the nude cruise, but more to a Swingers Cruise that happens in November where they set up playrooms and only parts of the ship are nude, not a full nude cruise.

Other ships that host them include:

• Azamara Quest
  • Celebrity Silouhette
  • MSC Divinia
  • Star Clipper Royal Clipper
  • Independence of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...

just notified by email that our cruise on August 21, 2016 On the constellation has been cancelled. Do to deployment. What in the world does that mean? Now I am unable to find a cruise on celebrity with the ports I want. So :):mad:disappointed!

We were to depart from venice. Anyone else in this "boat" and if so what are you going to do.

• 4 weeks later...
That cruise was chartered for a nudist cruise. If you are interested, clothes must be worn in the MDR and specialty restaurants and a robe or cover up in hallways and elevators. Otherwise anything goes!! (or everything goes):eek:

that's a lie. The ship was chartered for the Flower Power cruise with 60's musical entertainers on board. Look it up. We're going.

Hi just looking at the constellation aug 18 /2016 sailing and you mentioned your was aug 21 cancelled due to deployment but the constellation is still sailing before and after your date.. ware u surr u have the date right? What did you end up hearing?

QUOTE=jade62;46611962]just notified by email that our cruise on August 21, 2016 On the constellation has been cancelled. Do to deployment. What in the world does that mean? Now I am unable to find a cruise on celebrity with the ports I want. So :):mad:disappointed!

We were to depart from venice. Anyone else in this "boat" and if so what are you going to do.

Sorry I'm one of the few up and on CC tonight. But, you can't worry about cancellations because you can't control them. They usually happen(charters) to cruises that are not well booked. So, how many staterooms are left for your cruise? "Nervous tension is man's invention, it's the biggest killer that's around today.":)

They probably do not yet have a fully executed contract with the charter group, nor the huge upfront deposit payment and letter of guarantee.

But in 95% of these situations, you need to assume it will charter out and have a plan B.

To those asking about the nude charters, I was on Connie TA, and we chatted with the bartenders about the nude cruise a few weeks prior. They said people were respectful, towel bins everywhere as it was required that when seated, towels be sat upon. Also said average age was 70.....

And finally, to the economics of charters...I just booked the Summit next March 12-19 (1st sailing out of drydock) with Atlantis.

Anyone wondering what a premium Atlantis Charter cruise costs....I priced out the Aqua class cabin on this cruise versus the next week (March 19 sailing) on X site.

3 people in cabin, on Atlantis full charter costs $6313, on X $4680.71, a $1632.29 premium. If I were to factor in the value of the 123-all-in perks on this, it'd amount to a $3600 premium!

Also no alcoholic beverage packages apply (can not even buy on board) on the charters, so all drinks are pay as you go. No other normal perks, or shareholder credits apply.

So some good money to be made on these charters for sure.

Heard the same about requirement for nude cruise passengers to sit on Towels for other cruise lines, as well. :):):):)

I'm all for posters identifying cancelled cruises for whatever reason...the more identification of that...the better...as I believe the cruise line will begin to keep it to a minimum...when the posters id most of the occurrences.

Also...often, not all affected are notified promptly...so that's another good reason to keep everybody informed. :)

Anybody hear anything about 3/14/2016 yet? It's still on my celebrity page but nobody knows anything....

I just booked that date through (Crucon), and we got a 1-2-3 package, and we had to be on standby to get it. This was that wholesalers big sale(one of 4 they do each year) so, at this point, I am pretty sure the cruise is on for the Monday 14 March, 2016 sailing.

I'm all for posters identifying cancelled cruises for whatever reason...the more identification of that...the better...as I believe the cruise line will begin to keep it to a minimum...when the posters id most of the occurrences.

Also...often, not all affected are notified promptly...so that's another good reason to keep everybody informed. :)

Chartering ships is really common. HAL has a poster that keeps track of all HAL charters and group bookings. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208867&highlight=charters

Do you want to volunteer?

• 1 month later...
I hope they sterilize all the pool chairs and balcony chairs! Not sure how they could disinfect the theater seating and bars. I'm glad our cruise is before this one! <shudders>

So you think that people never sit on their balcony chairs sans clothes on regular cruises? Ever attended the "newlywed/not-so newlywed game" on the ship and listened to the best answer to the popular question "where's the most unusual place..."?

Edited by MisterBill99

So you think that people never sit on their balcony chairs sans clothes on regular cruises? Ever attended the "newlywed/not-so newlywed game" on the ship and listened to the best answer to the popular question "where's the most unusual place..."?

Why is this OFF TOPIC being discussed here? The Feb 29 charter of the Constellation is for the Flower Power Cruise - 60's music groups and performers. If you want to discuss nude cruises, start a separate thread - that has nothing to do with this thread!

Why is this OFF TOPIC being discussed here? The Feb 29 charter of the Constellation is for the Flower Power Cruise - 60's music groups and performers. If you want to discuss nude cruises, start a separate thread - that has nothing to do with this thread!

Geez, I was only responding to another post here!

He responded to a comment within this thread. :rolleyes:

Geez, I was only responding to another post here!

There was a recent thread (now locked) about a nude cruise, so there might be some "bruised feelings" about it still.

I think a $50 credit is disgusting, it won't even pay the airline change fees. Yea, I know, travel insurance. We don't always take out travel insurance, depends on the time of year, where we are going, etc. but with the change/cancellation fees at $100-150 pp for airfare, the cruise companies should at least cover that. I also feel bad for people who are locked into certain weeks of vacation by their workplaces....sure don't want to be sitting in Boston in January for a week with nothing to do because I can't change vacation travel plans. Not to mention that even if you could change your airfare, last minute travel can be ridiculously higher priced.

I think a $50 credit is disgusting, it won't even pay the airline change fees. Yea, I know, travel insurance. We don't always take out travel insurance, depends on the time of year, where we are going, etc. but with the change/cancellation fees at $100-150 pp for airfare, the cruise companies should at least cover that. I also feel bad for people who are locked into certain weeks of vacation by their workplaces....sure don't want to be sitting in Boston in January for a week with nothing to do because I can't change vacation travel plans. Not to mention that even if you could change your airfare, last minute travel can be ridiculously higher priced.

All of the charter cancellations I've seen discussed here and elsewhere have been a year out or longer (note that this thread started in March and it was already cancelled by then). Since you can't buy airline tickets that far out, I doubt there would be any airline change fees. And if there were, I would expect the cruise line to cover them. And as for vacation timing, once again, since it's a year+ out, they should be able to revise their vacation schedule.

Edited by MisterBill99