Hotels near cruise treminal

Discindy

There might already be one started but I'm fairly new to this.and can't find it. Is there someone that can recommend a place to stay in Fort Lauderdale the night before our cruise leaves. We need something that would shuttle us there from the airport and then take us the next day to the terminal or close enough we could take a taxi? Also a place where there would be things to do the day before and close to dinner places. Thank you in advance for all replies.

When it comes to transferring from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the pier i would just take a taxi because for me which was 85/person for a seven minute drive. Also if you can try to find a hotel that offers a free shuttle to the pier.;)

There might already be one started but I'm fairly new to this.and can't find it. Is there someone that can recommend a place to stay in Fort Lauderdale the night before our cruise leaves. We need something that would shuttle us there from the airport and then take us the next day to the terminal or close enough we could take a taxi? Also a place where there would be things to do the day before and close to dinner places. Thank you in advance for all replies.

Also check the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Embassy suites on 17th street. Free breakfast and cocktails. Lots of stores and restaurants around as well. Prices are competitive and fit a few people. Look them up and there is also an Amerisuite 1851 S.E. 10th Ave.

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (954) 763-7670 call is a cruise maniac hotel. lol very nice as well

Hotels are expensive in Ft Lauderdale. A nothing on 17th street or around is fine.

Embassy Suites on 17th Street is very convenient - stores near by and restaurants - all within walking distance.

Also a full breakfast buffet and cocktail party at no charge the night before.

No airport shuttle but cabs are not expensive. They do have a shuttle to the pier, $10 per person last time I stayed there; cheaper to take a cab.

If you wish a little luxury, then consider The Pillars. It has an airport collect and port drop service, together with an actual designated water taxi stop (no need to walk), for getting around to restaurants etc. The Hotel can assist in dinner selections/recommendations and make reservations for you.

A nice place to stay, chill and relax prior to cruise. Evening Cocktails on the jetty overlooking the intercoastal waters is quite romantic

:D

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Depending on what time you get there, you can buy an all day pass on the water taxi. You can catch the water taxi behind the Hilton, another great place to stay pre-cruise. We often stay at Embassy Suites if the price is right. The water taxi is walkable (a fairly long walk) on a nice day. You can ride the water taxi to Las Olas for shopping and nice restaurants, you can hop off near A1A, or go to the Gallaria Mall. Best part, it's a great cruise around all the huge homes and yachts. There's also the Sun Trolley. If you have most of the day there, check them out on the web.

And with a cab you can go when you want with whom you want. No waiting for a shuttle to arrive to schlep your luggage along with that of your new closest 20 friends. Everything you'd want to do in FLL is a reasonable taxi ride.

THey have a great Total Wine in FLL also if you want a place to get wine to bring aboard. You can go online, and "browse" the aisles virtually, order what you want, pay for it and then tell them your pick up time, so it's a very quick process and the taxi meter isn't ticking while you're trying to select a wine. It's only a couple blocks from A1A, on 20th Street which takes you directly to the pier.

The hotel I like (because it's usually very reasonably priced and has great beds) is the Crowne Plaza FLL. It's not near too much except it's a quick ride from the airport (they have a shuttle) and a quick taxi to the pier. And about a 2 minute walk is Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza which tripadvisor ranks as #17 our of 1,143 restaurants in FLL. Amazing Italian Food.

Also w/in walking distance to several car rental places, Hertz being the closest.

Amerisuites on 17th the cruise hotel I think has transportation. I enclosed the phone number on my prior posting. call them and they will let you know. there is also a Hyatt in the same area.

Edited by vacationers

We like the Marriott Harbor Beach. On the beach, nice outdoor restaurant. Short walk to other nice dinner places and beach shops. I have never stayed at the 17th St Embassy Suites, but love their other properties and the cook to order breakfast. Can't imagine that you could go wrong there either.

When? Budget? What do you WANT to do?

There are hotels on or across the street from the beach, some on the busy 17th St. convenient to restaurants and a couple stores for last minute items, and the Gallery One nearby a big shopping mall. Prices ranging high to mid.

Don't book a hotel just because of shuttles. It will limit you and with time to spend, you don't want to sit at an airport hotel.

Amerisuites on 17th the cruise hotel I think has transportation. I enclosed the phone number on my prior posting. call them and they will let you know. there is also a Hyatt in the same area.

amerisuites is no more...that hotel has been a hyatt place for close to 5 years

When? Budget? What do you WANT to do?

There are hotels on or across the street from the beach, some on the busy 17th St. convenient to restaurants and a couple stores for last minute items, and the Gallery One nearby a big shopping mall. Prices ranging high to mid.

Don't book a hotel just because of shuttles. It will limit you and with time to spend, you don't want to sit at an airport hotel.

For an Excellent hotel, without shuttles, you must consider the Hilton Diplomat in Hollywood. We used to stay there when it was part if the Westin brand. But it closed for the changeover (we moved to Pillars), and now open (we will return). Take an ocean view room :D

It is right on the beach, no roads to cross.:)

Another vote cast for the Embassy Suites on 17th street. Has an evening reception including beer, wine and mixed drinks along with snacks. There is also a full breakfast included within the price of the room.

We used the hotel shuttle to transport us to the water taxi near the 17th street bridge and then pick us up at the 15th Street Fisheries after a good meal.

Go into the lobby and arrange a shuttle to the port for the time you want.

Check this site out

http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/

Hotels with shuttles.

You can do a hotel price compare and read reviews on each hotel.

Why do you have to find a hotel with shuttle service? Are you looking fro FREE shuttles to save money and stay in budget? cabs from the airport to a downtown hotel and then to port in morning will cost about $30 total. But there isn't anything to do out at the airport. So skip that and stay in town. Hyatt Place is a moderate priced hotel just off 17th St that offers free shuttle from the airport.

Let us know your budget and date and we can steer you without throwing every hotel in Ft L at you.;)

Edited by eandj