Someone was complaining about their ship not going to Tunisia...

laughing husky

Just read this on BBC News Online:

"Two cruise companies - MSC Cruises and Costa Cruises - said they were suspending stopovers in Tunis."

I imagine that it's only a matter of time before most all of the others do the same.

:cool:

I don't know about other lines, but Princess cancelled our schedule call on Tunis last October. I don't remember when they made the decision to cancel.

Just read this on BBC News Online:

"Two cruise companies - MSC Cruises and Costa Cruises - said they were suspending stopovers in Tunis."

I imagine that it's only a matter of time before most all of the others do the same.

:cool:

I don't know about other lines, but Princess cancelled our schedule call on Tunis last October. I don't remember when they made the decision to cancel.

Whether the ISIS claims of being responsible are true or not, the affects on tourism will severely damage Tunisia's economy. Sadly that's a goal of terrorists however I don't think cruise lines have an option to not pull out of Tunisia.

Perhaps it was Sidi Bou Said? We called into Tunisia on a cruise a few years ago (before the Arab Spring uprising) and enjoyed it very much. The people we met were lovely and very proud of their country.

From Paris, to Sydney, to The Netherlands and now Tunisia, nowhere is safe from these terrorists

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, that was it! We had a memorable day,and the people were so friendly. One of our group rode a camel that was for hire at the port entrance!

While I understand that some will say that the terrorists win if people stay away, we will not take a chance with personal safety. There are too many other wonderful places to visit in the world.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

While I understand that some will say that the terrorists win if people stay away, we will not take a chance with personal safety. There are too many other wonderful places to visit in the world.

I feel the same way & understand that terrorism can happen anywhere in the world. It's a personal decision & I do not go to places where it's more likely to happen. Nothing is "must see" for me when the risks are greater & instead I'll travel elsewhere.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I feel the same way & understand that terrorism can happen anywhere in the world. It's a personal decision & I do not go to places where it's more likely to happen. Nothing is "must see" for me when the risks are greater & instead I'll travel elsewhere.

It's just sad. :( I agree with you. There are so many places I want to see that I'll go see the ones where I will be "safer." Of course, there are no guarantees anywhere will be totally safe.

Hi All

Very sad, top story on the news, so many nationalities killed and injured,

British lady killed, pics of MSC ship leaving, must be very difficult for those onboard,

most of us here travel a fair bit, enjoy meeting folks from other cultures and learning a little more about our world out there,

we all know that a plane, train, under ground or bus could be the next target,

or any large gathering,

in Scotland Glasgow airport was attacked, so no place is truly safe,

While I would not travel to a war zone, these types of attacks will not stop my travels,

The next time we are all queuing up waiting to board a ship complaining about the time to get through security, spare a thought for those cruise passengers that will never have that chance again, RIP all those that died

yours Shogun

Hi All

British lady killed, pics of MSC ship leaving, must be very difficult for those onboard,

most of us here travel a fair bit, enjoy meeting folks from other cultures and learning a little more about our world out there,

or any large gathering,

While I would not travel to a war zone, these types of attacks will not stop my travels,

The next time we are all queuing up waiting to board a ship complaining about the time to get through security, spare a thought for those cruise passengers that will never have that chance again, RIP all those that died

yours Shogun

Well said.

As mentioned, airlines, rail terminals, young women, publishers and now cruise passengers are targets of these barbarians.

This has to stop. Who has more strength? International coalitions and citizens of the world or ISIS with alot of money and a vendetta against all they feel are not of their beliefs?

Cruise lines must protect passengers and we all have a role in supporting programs and international coalitions to protect all of us, no matter where or how we choose to go.

Thoughts and condolences to all involved in this attack.

Safety first above any port. When we went on our Disney cruise a couple years ago we were very disappointed that the ship was not stopping in Mazatlán. We have friends that live in Mazatlán during the winter and had been making plans with them for the day. We ended up going to Cabo for two days. The cruise lines were being overly cautious and I don't blame them. Did it ruin our cruise NO, it did not. . What is happening in the middle east is so unpredictable and no one is safe. Back in the early 70's terrorist took over a ship and an airplane.

Hi All

or any large gathering,

yours Shogun

Hitting my 'like' button.

Lifting prayers up for all people who have been affected by what has happened. Praying for peace to come to all.

Hi All

or any large gathering,

The next time we are all queuing up waiting to board a ship complaining about the time to get through security, spare a thought for those cruise passengers that will never have that chance again, RIP all those that .died

Thank you for your lovely wording ,you are right on.

yours Shogun[/quote

c

How sad. Brings tears to the eyes. We were there a few years ago and I can't say I felt "comfortable" there. I didn't like the grabbing and aggressive actions of the locals and not a place I would ever choose to return.

As soon as this happened, DH and I recalled our stops in Morocco and Tunisia in 1999. We enjoyed them, but have never felt as uncomfortable anywhere as we did there (it even topped my previous travel discomfort, entering East Germany on a sleeper train in 1984 and having spotlights shined in my eyes and German Shepards in my face at 1am). After 9/11, we remarked that we were glad to have gone when we did, because things might not improve. They certainly haven't.