Taxi to port from Embassy Suites

cjnix29

We are leaving out on Easter Sunday. How difficult will it be to get a taxi to the port that morning from this hotel? Is there some way to pre arrange it? It will be less than $15, right? Thanks!!

We are leaving out on Easter Sunday. How difficult will it be to get a taxi to the port that morning from this hotel? Is there some way to pre arrange it? It will be less than $15, right? Thanks!!

What port?

Embassy suites has a shuttle to the port. Last Nov it was $8pp. Easy, convenient, organized....they know what they are doing. They use bigger shuttle vans, not regular taxis, so no prob with luggage. Relax and enjoy the comp breakfast. Head to the lobby with luggage when you are ready to go over to the port....:)

Just take the Embassy shuttle.

Why would one take the shuttle when it seems, based on some of the information already posted on this thread, it is more expensive, not to mention less comfortable?

Personally, I'm interested in the answers to the OP's questions. I choose to take a taxi because it is more comfortable for my elderly mother and myself. Yes, it may only be a $1 or two less than the shuttle but that's money in MY pocket and that US dollar or two costs me more than a C$. I've done a shuttle, to another hotel, from the ship and it was not a great experience, which I have no desire to repeat.

Can anyone confirm the approximate cost of a taxi from the Embassy Suites to Port Everglades? Yes, I could do a search but it would be time consuming to page through all the results and it could result in old, outdated information.

We have done both. The cost of the shuttle is fixed, $8pp, no matter what terminal, gate traffic or other issues. The taxi will vary by the terminal involved, as Terminal 2 is close, but Terminal 21/26/27/29 are over a mile further away, and lines at the gate can be long. You could expect a taxi to be $15 if you go to the farther terminals and there is some traffic.

Both are comfortable, unless you are anxious to get onboard, and your stop is the lost stop on the shuttle.

There is never any value to reading previous reports...

Edited by CruiserBruce

Why would one take the shuttle when it seems, based on some of the information already posted on this thread, it is more expensive, not to mention less comfortable?

Personally, I'm interested in the answers to the OP's questions. I choose to take a taxi because it is more comfortable for my elderly mother and myself. Yes, it may only be a $1 or two less than the shuttle but that's money in MY pocket and that US dollar or two costs me more than a C$. I've done a shuttle, to another hotel, from the ship and it was not a great experience, which I have no desire to repeat.

Can anyone confirm the approximate cost of a taxi from the Embassy Suites to Port Everglades? Yes, I could do a search but it would be time consuming to page through all the results and it could result in old, outdated information.

Price depends on which pier you are going to. If #2 or #4 it will be $15. The further the pier, the more the $$. The Embassy shuttle is not a huge bus and not uncomfortable. I am a local, but sometimes leave my car at Embassy and use their shuttle.

I've read recently that $15 including tip should cover it. That's should be within a couple bucks either way. I have a group of 7 staying at Embassy so taxi versus hotel shuttle is a no brainer. But also remember that Embassy does not have an airport shuttle either.

Edited by sailor05

Thanks for the info. There are three of us, so at $8 pp, it would be more than a taxi. How do I figure out which pier we are to go to? Thanks! I think there are 6 ships in port that day and a holiday, so I was just concerned about the shuttle, wondering how busy the place would be, as well as how difficult it would be to get a taxi. Thanks.

The shuttle is on a schedule, and because it is larger, there can be stops to unload other passengers and their luggage before ending up at your pier. So if you prefer to go straight to your ship on your own schedule, use the cabs.

Your documents will have the pier number. Too, along with signage, the cab drivers know which ships dock where. You'll see your ship easy enough.

6 ships is a normal day. Cabs will be lined up all morning coming and going to the port.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by eandj

The shuttle is on a schedule, and because it is larger, there can be stops to unload other passengers and their luggage before ending up at your pier. So if you prefer to go straight to your ship on your own schedule, use the cabs.

Thanks for the info. There are three of us, so at $8 pp, it would be more than a taxi. How do I figure out which pier we are to go to? Thanks! I think there are 6 ships in port that day and a holiday, so I was just concerned about the shuttle, wondering how busy the place would be, as well as how difficult it would be to get a taxi. Thanks.

6 ships is about average for Port Everglades, not overly busy.

If you are going to use the shuttle, sign up for a specific time with the concierge the minute you check in.

As to which terminal, what cruise line are you on?

Your documents will have the pier number. Too, along with signage, the cab drivers know which ships dock where. You'll see your ship easy enough.

6 ships is a normal day. Cabs will be lined up all morning coming and going to the port.

Have a great cruise!

Have sailed out of Port Everglades 6 times. The Terminal assignment has never been on our documents. That can change up to day of sailing.

Trust me when I say the taxi drivers know it's cruising day and they know which hotels have the most ship passengers. They will be lined up waiting for you. ;)

You're on the Regal. You will definitely be at pier #2. Or #4.

To answer the OP's question. There should not be an issue with getting a cab on Easter Sunday. The cost will be under $20 including gratuity. As far as arranging ahead of time you probably could arrange a car service but then the cost would go way up, and there is really no need to do that, unless you want to ride in a limo for a couple of miles.

Don't worry about which pier, the cab driver will know and they are will signed.

I think i am missing something here... is this a new package for this hotel , as in all the threads here, say that there is no airport pickup? In the package details, it clearly states that there is airport pick up , to the hotel. Can someone tell me if this is a new package ? If not, anyone ever done this package? Just looking for some peace of mind. TIA

If you go to the website for this hotel, you will see there is a package for airport pickups. However, it is about $20 for the airport p/u, and they will shuttle to Miami for $23 more per person. You can do better with a taxi from the airport, and one of the many recommended shuttle services to Port of Miami.

Trust me when I say the taxi drivers know it's cruising day and they know which hotels have the most ship passengers. They will be lined up waiting for you. ;)

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites five straight years--taxis really don't "line up" here--there is no room for them. The most we've seen at any one time is one or two.

You could always try to flag one down out on 17th Street. Or-- do what we did--download the Yellow Cab app on your smartphone. We used it twice last year from this property (pre and post cruise)--it worked great and cabs arrived as scheduled.

I would recommend their shuttle--work with the concierge and you'll probably have a whole van just for your group. They have quite a few vehicles shuttling passengers to the port.