Please tell me what you think of this Royal Princess prices...

jennymaxgirl

I am looking at a 10-night cruise in the fall on the Royal Princess.

Pricing is for Eastern Carib itinerary for 4 ppl (2 adults, 2 children ages 5 & 8) sharing one room. Prices include all taxes and fees. Gratuities additional.

Inside category IB: $2989 USD (3798 CDN)

Obstruced Balcony Category DZ: $4156 USD (5280 CDN)

The inside cabin is a sideways cabin in a good location on the Riviera deck. The balcony cabin is forward facing above the bridge on Lido. Oversize balcony, steel rather than plexi up to railing.

New to Princess and I don't know whether these are great prices, average, or high. Sucks to be Canadian right now, as our pricing is so much higher with the poor exchange rate. Not to mention flights..

Feedback much appreciated!!

Thank you.

Edited by jennymaxgirl

That is high pricing. Under $500pp USD on a new ship (inside cabin) is acceptable in my eyes. Guaranteed that the prices will drop too as the fall is the cheaper time to travel (hurricane season in some places).

Also, this thread might get deleted. Not sure if you can talk about numbers.

Edited by Sxxacy

The above is not correct...you will will not be able to take a 10 day cruise on Princess for under $500 per person...any time of the year:rolleyes:

and discussing pricing is fine here...you just can't give travel agent info.

If those are the totals for 4, it is pretty good pricing...but I would check multiple travel agents as some can offer better discounts or additional OBC (on board credit).

$750 pp for a 10 day cruise is excellent. :)

Thanks Colo Cruiser. What do you think of the balcony price? I was pretty sure that the inside was a good price. But I am not certain of the balcony......what's your opinion?

Thanks!!

Jennifer

Edited by jennymaxgirl

Thanks for the input. Now I just have to figure out if the balcony will be worth it to us. With two young ones along we might not get much time to actually relax on the deck :)

Your kids will probably be at the youth activities on sea days & you should have time to relax on deck instead of on a balcony.

Only you can decide whether a balcony is worth over $100 USD/day for your family which could pay for a lot of other things or just a savings to you. Myself, I'd save the money & get an inside cabin where I rarely spend time nor do we spend much time on a balcony when we have that type of cabin.

Edited by Astro Flyer

>>Only you can decide whether a balcony is worth over $100 USD/day for your family which could pay for a lot of other things or just a savings to you. Myself, I'd save the money & get an inside cabin where I rarely spend time nor do we spend much time on a balcony when we have that type of cabin.

On the Royal the balconies are fairly small, might not be worth it. Its tight with two adults, adding two kids might make it more of a hassle then its worth.

I am looking at a 10-night cruise in the fall on the Royal Princess.

Pricing is for Eastern Carib itinerary for 4 ppl (2 adults, 2 children ages 5 & 8) sharing one room. Prices include all taxes and fees. Gratuities additional.

Inside category IB: $2989 USD (3798 CDN)

Obstruced Balcony Category DZ: $4156 USD (5280 CDN)

The inside cabin is a sideways cabin in a good location on the Riviera deck. The balcony cabin is forward facing above the bridge on Lido. Oversize balcony, steel rather than plexi up to railing.

New to Princess and I don't know whether these are great prices, average, or high. Sucks to be Canadian right now, as our pricing is so much higher with the poor exchange rate. Not to mention flights..

Feedback much appreciated!!

Thank you.

Are you tied to Princess for your cruise? Holland America sometimes has a deal where the third and fourth persons in a cabin sail for a big discount or sometimes even free. Example: a couple of years ago we sailed in a balcony cabin on the Westerdam with our 2 sons age 21 and 24. My husband and I paid full fare, our sons were $52.00 each. That's all they paid for a 7 night cruise. Total. HAL doesn't offer this type of deal on all cruises but I see it offered fairly frequently. Much as I love Princess, if I was looking to have 4 in a cabin again, I would look at HAL and see what deals they are offering.

Whatever you choose, have a great trip. :)

Edited by Daisyloo

Seems a little high to me...especially for inside. I just cruised on the Breeze and we took my grandson and the 3rd passenger rate was 30% of the 1st/2nd passenger rate. Using that % for your inside cabin... Sounds like your inside cabin rate for 1st and 2nd was around $1150 with your childrens rates (3rd and 4th) at the lower rate... I wouldn't pay that much for an inside even with the cruise being 10 days.

Seems a little high to me...especially for inside. I just cruised on the Breeze and we took my grandson and the 3rd passenger rate was 30% of the 1st/2nd passenger rate. Using that % for your inside cabin... Sounds like your inside cabin rate for 1st and 2nd was around $1150 with your childrens rates (3rd and 4th) at the lower rate... I wouldn't pay that much for an inside even with the cruise being 10 days. Plus early fall is usually low peak so pricing should be a bit lower.

I should have mentioned it is for cabin L102 with an oversized deck. Previous poster said DZ is a gty category but it let me select this specific cabin.

Perhaps this cabin is worth a bit more?

In that case i'd take the balcony. I think just having somewhere to sit with hubby when the kids are sleeping would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We consider a good price to be @$100 per person, per night for a balcony cabin. Sometimes for longer cruises, or more desirable cruises we might go to $150/per night/person, but never more than that. Of course we normally book the last minute pack and go type sales so we look for the discounted prices - not always available on all cruises.

Edited by DavyJoneses

Are you tied to Princess/10 day?

Look at NCL with the kids. Right now they are offering pick a perk AND kids sail free. My brother booked a Balcony cabin on Escape with two kids (same age as yours). That's a new ship not even out yet. With all taxes and fees the total is $2600 and both adults get unlimited alcohol package, kids get unlimited soda package. Unbeatable deal. I know it's not a 10 day so not apples to apples, but that's a huge difference in price at least in this house.

Other than that I'd say the Princess price is okay, not great, not awful.

Grab L102... Cabin is a bit larger and an amazing balcony. Once you see the size of the balcony you will be spoiled for life based on other balcony sizes...and it is not a true obstructed balcony...your obstruction is seeing a portion of the marina deck M102 balcony below and the bow of the ship. Great location which is very quite as well> We are sailing on Regal next weekend and will be in cabins M101 and M102 just below the cabin you are considering.

I should have mentioned it is for cabin L102 with an oversized deck. Previous poster said DZ is a gty category but it let me select this specific cabin.

Perhaps this cabin is worth a bit more?

I would go for this cabin. I have sailed in it on the Regal and we loved it so much we have booked it again for next winter. But be aware it is possible you may have times when the balcony is just too windy to comfortably use. We didn't have much problems though. I just checked and our pp per day rate for 2 is about $125 including the taxes, excluding some OBC.

Edited by yoyosma