Caribbean Princess What we noticed

planb

Thanks planB.

The CB is aging. I have sailed her 5 times and I am sure your points are very valid. I usually book the Caribe deck around 701 through 708. Twice I had plumbing issues. That was fun!:D Once the bathroom smelled awful. But after notifying them, they scrubbed the whole thing down with bleach. The last time or two, I booked more in the center avoiding my former area.

I am sorry to hear about the steak. It was always a good fallback. Things change and sometimes more than not, it isn't to our liking. But, I still love Princess and can roll with most anything.

Just got back this past Saturday from a 7-nighter on the Caribbean Princess.

We were in the Coral dining room at a table for 2 in a good location. We looked around, and saw other tables for 2 in good/ok locations. Not bench seating either, they were real tables for 2.

Also didn't notice aging problems. Maybe just us. (Has anyone out there sailed on the Zuiderdam? Now, that had aging problems!)

Lots of washcloths in the cabin, too. We didn't have plumbing problems, either. We had a quiet window cabin in a great location - P309.

What we didn't like were gnats/bugs on the ship! They were in the buffet area, in our room, in the MDR, and around the food in Skywalkers during the nightly Platinum/Elite gatherings.

Just got back this past Saturday from a 7-nighter on the Caribbean Princess.

We were in the Coral dining room at a table for 2 in a good location. We looked around, and saw other tables for 2 in good/ok locations. Not bench seating either, they were real tables for 2.

Also didn't notice aging problems. Maybe just us. (Has anyone out there sailed on the Zuiderdam? Now, that had aging problems!)

Lots of washcloths in the cabin, too. We didn't have plumbing problems, either. We had a quiet window cabin in a great location - P309.

What we didn't like were gnats/bugs on the ship! They were in the buffet area, in our room, in the MDR, and around the food in Skywalkers during the nightly Platinum/Elite gatherings.

Goodness, I wouldn't like gnats anywhere on the ship. Hope they weren't the biting type.:(

Most likely fruit flies. They look like gnats.

Usually around food of some kind.

We have seen them in Skywalkers during the P/E/S as well.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Metairegal

Hi, thanks for your input. We didn't detect a lot of gnats on the ship in Sept.2014 on our 9 day cruise. I was up on top for sailing back into port and was not overcome by bugs around the lights, either.

We were on the Zuiderdam in 2003 so she's up to her 12th anniversary, as well. We all get a tad worn after a few years.

There was nothing on our Caribbean Princess cruise that would keep me from booking another cruise on her. In fact, if another cruising option hadn't appeared for us for next January, I was going to try to be back on her again by April, before she leaves the area.

I hope I don't sound like I'm in attack mode. I'm just adding my input. lol.

Happy Cruising.

Lynne

It is interesting to read the varied perspectives on the food and service etc. I look forward to finding out first hand later this year.

BTW Paula_MacFan, The ship was in dry dock last in May 2014.

As do I.....:):):)

Bob

No one mentioned that the Caribbean Princess became more crowded when they added cabins during a renovation. This made the public areas short of seats for shows and other activities. Is definitely my least favorite Princess ship.

I thought they added less than 10 cabins, mostly the window suites.

That would not really add much to the passenger load.

Since I have never been on a "modern" cruise, I am trying to keep my expectations in check, and be open to the experience.

LOL, hubby has cruised around the world twice, but on Navy ships. I can hardly wait to see what he thinks. As a kid, I experienced the old Matson luxury liners, but my memories are hazy and mostly I recall wanting to learn French so I could read the dinner menu.

Hey, we're going on a cruise. It isn't like having teeth pulled, so there's that going for us.

Whoot!

Since I have never been on a "modern" cruise, I am trying to keep my expectations in check, and be open to the experience.

LOL, hubby has cruised around the world twice, but on Navy ships. I can hardly wait to see what he thinks. As a kid, I experienced the old Matson luxury liners, but my memories are hazy and mostly I recall wanting to learn French so I could read the dinner menu.

Hey, we're going on a cruise. It isn't like having teeth pulled, so there's that going for us.

Whoot!

Don't overthink it, you will have a blast. ;)

I thought they added less than 10 cabins, mostly the window suites.

That would not really add much to the passenger load.

I am referring to the 2009 renovation of CP. Her passenger capacity in 2008 was 3100; after the renovation, it was increased to over 3600. I sailed on it prior and after the addition of these cabins and found the public areas much more crowded.

I am referring to the 2009 renovation of CP. Her passenger capacity in 2008 was 3100; after the renovation, it was increased to over 3600. I sailed on it prior and after the addition of these cabins and found the public areas much more crowded.

They certainly did not add cabins to cover the 500 passenger difference.

Only the the few WS's and not sure if the added a couple of suites/ov's as they did on the Golden.

Maybe 12 additional cabins total or just the 7 WS's.

They certainly did not add cabins to cover the 500 passenger difference.

Only the the few WS's and not sure if the added a couple of suites/ov's as they did on the Golden.

Maybe 12 additional cabins total or just the 7 WS's.

Sorry. My misunderstanding but still don't get how the capacity increased so much from 2008 to 2009.

Current listed capacity for the Caribbean Princess is 3080. That is only counting lower berths. If you sailed during a time of school breaks, there will be more people than the listed capacity, but that is not from added cabins as much as it is from useage of teh 3rd and 4th beds in the existing cabins.

It isn't like having teeth pulled, so there's that going for us.

Some people say that a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work, but that makes me a little crazy. I have higher expectations for my cruise than that if for no other reason than I get paid to work; I pay to be on a cruise.

But you...you've picked the perfect comparison. We pay ($$$) for cruising and dental work alike, and, of the two, I'd much prefer to spend my money cruising.

Nicely said!

Some people say that a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work, but that makes me a little crazy. I have higher expectations for my cruise than that if for no other reason than I get paid to work; I pay to be on a cruise.

But you...you've picked the perfect comparison. We pay ($$$) for cruising and dental work alike, and, of the two, I'd much prefer to spend my money cruising.

Nicely said!

I had a colonoscopy yesterday.. I would have much rather been on a mediocre cruise.. :p