Any Reward for 50 Cruises

LARGIN

I was given that on my next cruise on the CB after some doing by both captain's circle hosts.

I will never understand why the CC hosts' hands are so tied when it comes to these simple things. We were doing several B2B logical cruises in a row when we hit our 50th cruise. Our cruise cards were always hopelessly out of date when it came to our cruise count, and because of that, we never had an "official" 50th cruise...it was on our 52nd cruise that our cruise card finally read 49 previous cruises. Well, you would not believe what our CC host went through to get Santa Clarita to approve us celebrating our 50th cruise on our 52nd cruise. Then, they didn't want to give us the bump up to $100 CC OBC on the same cruise, saying it couldn't be both our 50th and our 52nd and implying we were trying to get away with something sinister. (We finally won that battle, too. It took waayyy too much time out of our cruise but by that time it had become a matter of principle.)

I think we might have the same issue with our 75th, but, alas, no additional OBC to muddy the waters.

I will never understand why the CC hosts' hands are so tied when it comes to these simple things. We were doing several B2B logical cruises in a row when we hit our 50th cruise. Our cruise cards were always hopelessly out of date when it came to our cruise count, and because of that, we never had an "official" 50th cruise...it was on our 52nd cruise that our cruise card finally read 49 previous cruises. Well, you would not believe what our CC host went through to get Santa Clarita to approve us celebrating our 50th cruise on our 52nd cruise. Then, they didn't want to give us the bump up to $100 CC OBC on the same cruise, saying it couldn't be both our 50th and our 52nd and implying we were trying to get away with something sinister. (We finally won that battle, too. It took waayyy too much time out of our cruise but by that time it had become a matter of principle.)

I think we might have the same issue with our 75th, but, alas, no additional OBC to muddy the waters.

I had similar problems, but Princess would have been within their rights to deny me the bridge tour as the celebration happens on the 50th credit, so I was grateful for the trouble both hosts went to, one to put the situation into the system and the other to keep pestering Santa Clarita.

I will discuss the 75th with the host on the previous voyage to make sure everything is properly set up.

In August we will be on our 50th and 51st cruise on Princess. I cannot remember if they have anything special other that increasing the room credit fro $75 to $100. Do they?

Wow, you are a Princess rock star, LARGIN! Didn't realize you'd been on so many.:eek: Princess really should commemorate those sailing on a 50th cruisein any calendar year:D

We also had a similar situation since we were doing b2b cruises. Cruise card only showed 48 cruises and we were already at 50. Before we left the ship for home we made sure that the CC Host knew that we already were on our 50th cruise and were expecting our milestone to be celebrated on our next Princess cruise since it had not been done on our 50th. They did give us the flowers, strawberries and champagne on the 51st cruise. It's too bad that with the b2b cruises the numbers do not update until at least 24 hours later.

Something must have changed in the last couple of years because I did get breakfast at Sabatini's on my 50th cruise on the Sapphire about three years ago. I was back on the Sapphire last year for my 75th cruise. It was a four day short cruise that I should never have booked, and breakfast at Sabatini's was never mentioned. Everything else -- champagne, flowers, and strawberries -- was the same on both cruises. Also the bridge tour.

Something must have changed in the last couple of years because I did get breakfast at Sabatini's on my 50th cruise on the Sapphire about three years ago. I was back on the Sapphire last year for my 75th cruise. It was a four day short cruise that I should never have booked, and breakfast at Sabatini's was never mentioned. Everything else -- champagne, flowers, and strawberries -- was the same on both cruises. Also the bridge tour.

Yes it did change at some point in time but then again it was only something that Princess did without having anything in writing. When we questioned them on it the Captains Circle host couldn't find where it was mentioned. I suppose to many people were making their 50th cruise & they had to reduce the amount of people in Sabatini's.

When I stopped at the CC Host desk to thank them for the flowers etc. I was told that breakfast at Sabatini's was no longer offered for your 50th cruise celebration. Also, we were not invited to a tour of the bridge so not sure if they still offer that.

When I stopped at the CC Host desk to thank them for the flowers etc. I was told that breakfast at Sabatini's was no longer offered for your 50th cruise celebration. Also, we were not invited to a tour of the bridge so not sure if they still offer that.

Breakfast at Sabatini's started well after our 50th cruise and there was nothing retroactive. So, we got it at #75 and enjoyed it for 11 days.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on the World Cruise and just received a bottle of champaign and the chocolate covered strawberries. They forgot to bring glasses for the champaign. It's kind of annoying. Someone can book a suite one time and get breakfast in Sabatinis but for 50 cruises you only get a mediocre bottle of champaign and strawberries. They could at least give you dinner for two in one of the specialty restaurants or ask you if you would prefer somethung other than champaign. Not everyone like champaign. Another reason to believe they don't really care about their core customers.

I am on the World Cruise and just received a bottle of champaign and the chocolate covered strawberries. They forgot to bring glasses for the champaign. It's kind of annoying. Someone can book a suite one time and get breakfast in Sabatinis but for 50 cruises you only get a mediocre bottle of champaign and strawberries. They could at least give you dinner for two in one of the specialty restaurants or ask you if you would prefer somethung other than champaign. Not everyone like champaign. Another reason to believe they don't really care about their core customers.

Stacey, ask the CC rep. She might be able to get it switched for a decent bottle of wine. For our 75th, they gave us the "good stuff" champagne.

Wow! I will trade you my flowers for the strawberries/champagne, I haven't had a good headache in a while. :rolleyes:

Don't let that ruin your world cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I recently celebrated my 50th on the Grand and was treated like royalty. I thought the recognition was very nice. Bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries daily, flowers in the cabin, private tour of the bridge, and was also given a Princess 50th Anniversary lapel pin. It was a wonderful cruise.

Princess needs to establish a higher tier than Elite. Then those of us who have 50 or more Princess cruises would possibly get a little more. Maybe a couple FREE drinks per evening? Lets not get into the $5 nightly drink event which I believe is worthless for a drink that I don't want and would NOT even buy if it were a $1.

Princess needs to establish a higher tier than Elite. Then those of us who have 50 or more Princess cruises would possibly get a little more. Maybe a couple FREE drinks per evening? Lets not get into the $5 nightly drink event which I believe is worthless for a drink that I don't want and would NOT even buy if it were a $1.

This has been talked about ad nauseum. Goes way back to before our 50th and that was a loooooooooooooong time ago.

This has been talked about ad nauseum. Goes way back to before our 50th and that was a loooooooooooooong time ago.

Fully understand that. However, many of the postings on here go way back. Thought this would be a good one to bring up-to-date. Maybe someday it will be accepted if enough of us want this.

I don't believe Princess will establish an Elite Plus loyalty level until they decide to cut back on benefits for Elites. And I think the level will require a very high number of days (not cruises), like 750 or 1000. I don't see anything changing until then. Why should it? They know they have us hooked.

I recently celebrated my 50th on the Grand and was treated like royalty. I thought the recognition was very nice. Bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries daily, flowers in the cabin, private tour of the bridge, and was also given a Princess 50th Anniversary lapel pin. It was a wonderful cruise.

Like you, my 50th cruise was last week on the Caribbean Princess 5 day cruise with my daughter and granddaughter. I only expected the floral arrangement (was very pretty) but later embarkation day I received a nice bottle of Champagne and 2 plates of strawberries. The second day, a plate of tiny cookies was delivered, third day was a nice bowl of cut veggies and dip (took that to the buffet to eat with our dinner), fourth day a tour of the bridge (included DD and DGD) and 5th day was another plate of cookies. The lapel pin was included in the "goodie bag" for MT #3. It was a great cruise and DD and DGD were quite impressed with all the extras that came our way. Besides all this, I had a letter from the Hotel General Manager inviting all three of us to breakfast in Sabatin's for the entire cruise. Now, it will be interesting to see what my DH receives for his 50th cruise on the Diamond Princess in June.

Edited by coo359a2

Like you, my 50th cruise was last week on the Caribbean Princess 5 day cruise with my daughter and granddaughter. I only expected the floral arrangement (was very pretty) but later embarkation day I received a nice bottle of Champagne and 2 plates of strawberries. The second day, a plate of tiny cookies was delivered, third day was a nice bowl of cut veggies and dip (took that to the buffet to eat with our dinner), fourth day a tour of the bridge (included DD and DGD) and 5th day was another plate of cookies. The lapel pin was included in the "goodie bag" for MT #3. It was a great cruise and DD and DGD were quite impressed with all the extras that came our way. Besides all this, I had a letter from the Hotel General Manager inviting all three of us to breakfast in Sabatin's for the entire cruise. Now, it will be interesting to see what my DH receives for his 50th cruise on the Diamond Princess in June.

So there is no consistent award/whatever. Apparently it depends on the ship/officer(s) who decide what one gets for this. You would think it would be the same fleet wide.

So there is no consistent award/whatever. Apparently it depends on the ship/officer(s) who decide what one gets for this. You would think it would be the same fleet wide.

Tina was 3rd most traveled and it was also her 50th cruise. Nobody else that I know of got as much as she got. Hey, when we did our 50th cruise, we too were in the top three. But at that time there was nothing extra for #50.

I don't believe Princess will establish an Elite Plus loyalty level until they decide to cut back on benefits for Elites. And I think the level will require a very high number of days (not cruises), like 750 or 1000. I don't see anything changing until then. Why should it? They know they have us hooked.

Someone posting on the HAL world cruise said they had been told by very senior management that Carnival were reconsidering the loyalty programmes on all their cruiselines, so things might change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were recently on a b2b2b. On the first leg I celebrated my 50th, on the second leg my husband celebrated his 50th cruise (I have one more cruise than him).

On the first cruise (my 50th) we got a bottle of champagne, floral arrangements and treats every day from Maitre D (like strawberries, canapes, cheese/crackers, etc) each day. We got a tour of the bridge. We got recognized at the Most Travelled Party Luncheon as well as at the Captain Circle Party. Also we got the 50th Anniversary pin (which is being given out to those celebrating their 50th this year).

I was sure that that would be it and we would not get it again for second leg cause we were travelling together.

But WOW guess what first day of second leg, we got it all again! (well not the bridge tour or the pins) but all the rest.

Sometimes we have to fight to get what we are entitled to (like internet) and other times we get twice the benefits.

Was very thankful and enjoyed the bubbly.

They don't have to do anything. And such an ungracious response certainly doesn't give them an incentive to continue.