3.14.15 Independence - Short Review

Embarkation: We were initially sent to the “general” line and Frank said “I think there is a different entrance for Diamond members” and sure enough, he was right. We got out of the LONG line and walked right in and up to the counter to get our Sea Passes.

This was our first time to have a cash account and I was surprised when they would not take our money but instead said they would settle up on the ship. After we reached $500 they “disabled” our card and we had to put more money on the account. Bit of a hassle, but keeps you from going crazy with your Sea Pass account on a credit card.

Room: We normally get a JS or above because I like a tub; however, we were watching our pennies so we booked a D2 and it was perfect. Plenty of room and had a balcony so our towels and swim wear could dry every day.

Windjammer: The food was good, we always found a table and service was also good. No issues at all.

Room Service: This was the first time we opted for room service for breakfast most days and it was there on time, the food was hot and quite tasty and very convenient since we went to the Flowrider every morning by 8:30 am

MDR: The first night the food was really good and the only time it was that good again was on the second formal night. The food was okay but not great. Our wait staff was also present and did their job but nothing over the top. There was no WOW factor with regards to the staff at our table or the food.

The highlight of our MDR experience was our tablemates. OMG, they were HILARIOUS and so very nice. We had the best time with them.

Shows: We did not see any J

Other entertainment: Karaoke was a blast, had a great time and met some fun people. The Labyrinth was good fun, great music and lots of dancing most nights until I realized that I am not 21 anymore and the body needs sleep J

Flowrider and Sports Staff: As always, this was the highlight of our cruise. The Sports Staff was fun, very friendly and made our Flowrider experience perfect. We sailed with several people we have sailed with in the past which made for a very fun and memorable cruise. We also had the honor of sailing with Xana Nash, World Champion Flowboarder and her family. It was the icing on the cake of one of our best cruises J Xana is not only incredibly talented but also one of the nicest people you will meet and always willing to help you learn a trick or improve your riding skills. There were many many talented Flowboarders on this cruise and that really makes you step up your game J

Diamond Lounge: This was our first cruise as Diamond members and the staff was incredible in the Diamond Lounge. I only had to say one time that I did not eat meat and every night Uli had a plate of some sort of seafood just for me. Staff was awesome and the lounge was never too crowded.

Now, I DID manage to rock the boat (pun intended) a bit in the lounge because after the standup session was over, Frank and I would come up the back stairs, put our boards down (yes, we take our own boards on every cruise) and Uli would see us, bring me my plate of snacks and drinks for both of us. We both went inside for a nanosecond to get cheese and Frank to get some other snacks since he DOES eat meat and then immediately went back outside. We were wearing our board shorts and shirts but not dripping wet and, as I said, we did not stay inside.

Well, the second night we did this I got a call from the concierge who said that people had complained and let me just say that if MY shorts and rash guard bother you, you have a lot more issues in your life than what I am wearing. However, to keep the peace after that, we would just stop by the room, put on some pants, I would throw some lipstick on and back to the lounge we went. Personally, I think some people just be hatin because they are jealous, but whatever floats your boat (again, pun intended) J

Ports: We stopped at St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. All beautiful ports and we just did our own thing at each one, no excursions this time.

Debarkation: We were through customs in about 5 minutes. Now the NINE hours at the airport waiting for a flight was an entirely different story.

Overall: We met and spent time with some amazing people who I know we will keep in touch with and see again in the future. We also got to cruise with friends from past cruises which made the whole vacation that much more special. I believe this was one of our best cruises and one that I really did not want to end. Thanks to everyone who made our vacation spectacular J

11083855_10153254390986162_4665466712799026317_n.jpg?oh=d220e74e5105c18290f7d956c5690a20&oe=55BE45D6

We also got to cruise with friends from past cruises which made the whole vacation that much more special.

It was great cruising with you, too! I'm so glad that we were able to cruise together and I loved running into you around the ship (usually while we were getting our drink on in Olive or Twist! ;)).

thank you

MDR

is lobster still served on formal night?

captain reception on the promenade , did you see free drinks ?

thank you

Yes, second formal night and there was a captain reception on the first formal night. Free drinks in the Diamond Lounge or 3 drinks on your card at other bars during the DL hours.

We were on that same cruise. We watched you all at the flowrider a fees times. You all were awesome! My wife wanted to try it but she did not. I think nerves got her.

If we are ever on the same cruise again, please tell her to come up and stand in line with us, we will help her out. Every one who rides is like one big family and is always eager and willing to help someone learn. As a matter of fact, there is a FB page called Flow Family because everyone gets to know one another, encourages people to ride and learn and grow the sport, it's really cool :D

Diamond Lounge: This was our first cruise as Diamond members and the staff was incredible in the Diamond Lounge. I only had to say one time that I did not eat meat and every night Uli had a plate of some sort of seafood just for me. Staff was awesome and the lounge was never too crowded.

Now, I DID manage to rock the boat (pun intended) a bit in the lounge because after the standup session was over, Frank and I would come up the back stairs, put our boards down (yes, we take our own boards on every cruise) and Uli would see us, bring me my plate of snacks and drinks for both of us. We both went inside for a nanosecond to get cheese and Frank to get some other snacks since he DOES eat meat and then immediately went back outside. We were wearing our board shorts and shirts but not dripping wet and, as I said, we did not stay inside.

Well, the second night we did this I got a call from the concierge who said that people had complained and let me just say that if MY shorts and rash guard bother you, you have a lot more issues in your life than what I am wearing. However, to keep the peace after that, we would just stop by the room, put on some pants, I would throw some lipstick on and back to the lounge we went. Personally, I think some people just be hatin because they are jealous, but whatever floats your boat (again, pun intended) J

It wouldn't let me quote so I'll do it this way.

first-great review

Second-and diamond members wonder why they get a stuck up reputation!!!

To just run in and out and have people complain-come on!!! :rolleyes:

first-great review

Is it just my computer that is seeing this as characters?? :eek:

my computer is wierd too because it would not let me quote you so I had to copy and paste one paragraph-

Let's see if the glitch works it self out!! :confused:

can you read this?:confused:

my computer is wierd too because it would not let me quote you so I had to copy and paste one paragraph-

Okay, this I can read :) Oh and after Mel called me to tell me people "complained" and I told her to tell those that complained that they could "kiss my 'backside'", I got in the shower to get ready for dinner and I heard the cabin door close and thought "uh oh". Frank had gone to the DL and told Mel that she was never to call me in the room again and if she had an issue with me, she was to talk to him only :) Gotta love my husband. Mel did come back later in the week to apologize and I said "I understand you are just doing your job and no worries, life is short and we are on vacation. There will always be complainers and bitter people but I just try not to be one of them"

When I did the cannonball in the Solarium pool Frank heard someone say very loudly "WHO DID THAT?" and then my head popped up out of the water and nary a word was said to me :D

I can read this but I have never seen anything like your previous post.:eek:

Okay, this I can read :) Oh and after Mel called me to tell me people "complained" and I told her to tell those that complained that they could "kiss my 'backside'", I got in the shower to get ready for dinner and I heard the cabin door close and thought "uh oh". Frank had gone to the DL and told Mel that she was never to call me in the room again and if she had an issue with me, she was to talk to him only :) Gotta love my husband. Mel did come back later in the week to apologize and I said "I understand you are just doing your job and no worries, life is short and we are on vacation. There will always be complainers and bitter people but I just try not to be one of them"

When I did the cannonball in the Solarium pool Frank heard someone say very loudly "WHO DID THAT?" and then my head popped up out of the water and nary a word was said to me :D

I think that you would be fun to cruise with.:)

I think that you would be fun to cruise with.:)

I don't know what's going on-I'm reading it fine on my end.:eek: computer gremlins. :D

It wouldn't let me quote her post so I had to copy and paste a paragraph. I copied and pasted the Diamond lounge paragraph, then said-and you wonder why some diamond members get a stuck up reputation!!

OP-you seem like someone who enjoys a cruise for what it is!! More should think the same!!

Well, the second night we did this I got a call from the concierge who said that people had complained and let me just say that if MY shorts and rash guard bother you, you have a lot more issues in your life than what I am wearing. However, to keep the peace after that, we would just stop by the room, put on some pants, I would throw some lipstick on and back to the lounge we went. Personally, I think some people just be hatin because they are jealous, but whatever floats your boat (again, pun intended) [/J

first-great review

[/font]

You set your font as wingdings somehow. If you quote yourself you can see font is wingdings, delete that and here you go sort of. I didn't bother to fix the quote tags.

You set your font as wingdings somehow. If you quote yourself you can see font is wingdings, delete that and here you go sort of. I didn't bother to fix the quote tags.

Crap-what the heck is a wingding!!! How the heck did I do that!!!:o

thanks for fixing it BTW!!!

Edited by Debde

OP-you seem like someone who enjoys a cruise for what it is!! More should think the same!!

Thank you. I am of the opinion that life can really kick you when you are down and there are times I think I should change my name to "Job" so when I get to spend ONE week with my husband and best friend and we can reconnect as a couple, shut the worries of the world out and just have fun, why sweat the small stuff? :p

I laugh too loud in the main dining room (guffaw actually), people stare and whisper, I Flowboard, no matter my age, I can always be found line dancing during sail away and in the disco and I embrace life because every day this side of the ground is a good day (listen to the song by Pitbull and Ne Yo, gives a person a lot of perspective).

Hey, if nothing else people will remember me, whether it be good or bad, they will remember "the Flowrider lady" or the "woman who does cannonballs in the Solarium pool" or the "woman who wore board shorts in the DL" - it's all good :)

Crap-what the heck is a wingding!!! How the heck did I do that!!!:o

thanks for fixing it BTW!!!

Thank you. I am of the opinion that life can really kick you when you are down and there are times I think I should change my name to "Job" so when I get to spend ONE week with my husband and best friend and we can reconnect as a couple, shut the worries of the world out and just have fun, why sweat the small stuff? :p

I laugh too loud in the main dining room (guffaw actually), people stare and whisper, I Flowboard, no matter my age, I can always be found line dancing during sail away and in the disco and I embrace life because every day this side of the ground is a good day (listen to the song by Pitbull and Ne Yo, gives a person a lot of perspective).

Hey, if nothing else people will remember me, whether it be good or bad, they will remember "the Flowrider lady" or the "woman who does cannonballs in the Solarium pool" or the "woman who wore board shorts in the DL" - it's all good :)

Wingding is something we can all have in the Diamond lounge while we are wearing board shorts and enduring the stink eyes.:)... At least we won't be branded as having a stuck up attitude. :D

Edited by Ocean Boy

Wingding is something we can all have in the Diamond lounge while we are wearing board shorts and enduring the stink eyes.:)... At least we won't be branded as having a stuck up attitude. :D

Love It!!! :)

Forgot to mention the Quest. We went and WOW, talk about a much abbreviated, PG version of what was once the Quest. Granted, it did have its R moments; however, for the most part, it was rather tame and did not seem to last near as long as it used to.

The lack of announcements meant that many events were not very well attended. We used to always rely on hearing an announcement about something going on because we did not carry a cruise compass with us everywhere. While I know that many do not want their "peace and quiet" disturbed (may I suggest Holland America ;) ), I miss the announcements.

Speaking of peace and quiet, if you want a frozen drink at the bar in Olive or Twist, they have to go to the back to make it because (I kid you not) someone complained that the blender made too much noise while they were trying to read :eek: